Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I see there is a new Schema records re-issue/re-press of Feelings:

https://www.soundohm.com/product/feelings-lp-1
** 2021 Remastered Repress** “Feelings” is considered an absolute cult inside the library music panorama. As the same Torossi recently said, the album “was played only by studio musicians... the best we could find at the time, and the results show”. The album sees the participation of Sandro Brugnolini, Giancarlo Gazzani, Puccio Roelens and Stefano Torossi, famous songwriters in the field of soundtracks and library music. “Feelings” had been released for the first time in Italy by Carosello Records, under the pseudonyms of Jay Richford and Gary Stevan, a necessary choice dictated by contractual restrictions which prevented the two real authors, Brugnolini and Torossi, to appear on other releases. This reissue, published by Schema Records, is a faithful reproduction of the original first edition. It still isn’t clear why, in its subsequent publications, with particular reference to “Musica per commenti sonori” (1986, cat. no. CO8605), this album has been released only on behalf of Torossi Stefano, who recently said: “We all worked together, including Brugnolini, and consequently, we all signed together the deposit document of each selection, dividing the royalties in equal parts... That’s the story”
I will get a copy as it is cheap and some of you appear to have strong... feelings... about this one.

I see on Discogs this comment:
Last year, my first attempt at buying this reissue LP was disappointing due to the extraordinary amount of static and surface noise in the pressing. I wrote to Schema and they were accommodating. They told me they would be repressing the LP in the Fall of 2020. September 15th 2020, they mailed me another copy and it plays dead quiet, pressed on center, not warped with fantastic sounding engineering. I am happy to finally have this music on clean sounding vinyl. Very pleased. You may want to contact Schema in Italy first and buy directly from them.
I don't need any more information. I have a good feeling about this one!
By havershaw
Interesting. I have that 2016 Schema and I don’t recall any real issues with it. I’ll spin it again today and check it out though. I’m seeing those reviews are pretty divided.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:45 pm Interesting. I have that 2016 Schema and I don’t recall any real issues with it. I’ll spin it again today and check it out though. I’m seeing those reviews are pretty divided.
Yeah I was worried after I bought a copy earlier this year and seeing all the complaining about bad copies. Mine was brand new sealed and it plays perfectly fine, no noise or faults that I can hear.
By havershaw
Man. I can’t catch a break with the reissues of Fonit B 81 and B 82.

I’ve ordered both of them repeatedly, only to be told a few days later that they can’t find their copies so they have to cancel the order.
Finally had a B 81 arriving today, and...it’s B 85 (which is great but I already have it).

This will be the fourth time I’ve tried to order it!
By havershaw
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:43 pm There appear to be a lot of Schema re-presses out now:
https://www.soundohm.com/product/beat-d ... ndergrou-2
That’s actually another one I’ve bought twice this past week, only to have the order canceled when they discovered that they don’t have it in stock anymore. Thanks for the heads up - I was steps away from ordering it from the EU, which literally doubles the cost.
If it’s being repressed, I’m sure they’ll hit the states soon.
By milliondollars
another comment of mine on library reisues. i can't judge on the sound quality as i never bought one but the Be With Records label is putting out really fantastic records. some of these are truyl underrated and i would never have expected to see these being reissued!
By milliondollars
this was one that kept us warm during the daytime. super classic and fantastic sound quality. have seen this here only recently and the post reminded me of how great the record is. it is really questionable, why Rene Costy got this fancy dice picture sleeve. also why did the Chappell Mood series end with this #26? maybe they thought it can't get even better. and for this series, they were possibly right...

https://www.discogs.com/Ren%C3%A9-Costy ... se/3572173
20210109_161837_resized.jpg
20210109_161837_resized.jpg (759.59 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
By havershaw
milliondollars wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:23 pm another comment of mine on library reisues. i can't judge on the sound quality as i never bought one but the Be With Records label is putting out really fantastic records. some of these are truyl underrated and i would never have expected to see these being reissued!
I am loving the sound quality on all of the Be With releases. I don’t have a lot of these originals to compare, but at the very least, all of their KPM stuff sounds incredible.
By havershaw
milliondollars wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:33 pm this was one that kept us warm during the daytime. super classic and fantastic sound quality. have seen this here only recently and the post reminded me of how great the record is. it is really questionable, why Rene Costy got this fancy dice picture sleeve. also why did the Chappell Mood series end with this #26? maybe they thought it can't get even better. and for this series, they were possibly right...

https://www.discogs.com/Ren%C3%A9-Costy ... se/3572173

20210109_161837_resized.jpg
This is one of my most wanted. Even the reissue is pricey now. Arghhh.
By havershaw
I feel like the mail is starting to work properly now, haha.

A few weeks ago I started trying to buy reissue library stuff I felt like I had slept on, and they’re finally starting to show up.

Plus more Chappell! I can’t believe it took me so long to discover these. These two are both soooo good.
B2674178-90C1-4A55-920B-DF3B8F651EA6.jpeg
B2674178-90C1-4A55-920B-DF3B8F651EA6.jpeg (571.05 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:01 am I feel like the mail is starting to work properly now, haha.

A few weeks ago I started trying to buy reissue library stuff I felt like I had slept on, and they’re finally starting to show up.

Plus more Chappell! I can’t believe it took me so long to discover these. These two are both soooo good.

B2674178-90C1-4A55-920B-DF3B8F651EA6.jpeg
Looks like another fantastic delivery day. My mail is still not working :( I'm currently sitting on 13 packages arriving late with 2 more missing delivery today and 3 more through out the week that haven't moved in days.

I know you've been buying up larger lots and getting some duplicates for some of these library stuff, if you have anything you want to sell let me know. I'd love to pick up some of that stuff.
By texasvinyl
Echoing! Some nice country funk stuff on there in addition to the funky cuts I think four flies put on a 7". The bid on is cool easy record too, I put it on a lot.
By havershaw
Absolutely insane mail today. Somehow I got all 12 of these, plus the 2 that I put in the OST Purchases thread.
4F21E56F-08B3-4D40-896B-DCA8E5429ED5.jpeg
4F21E56F-08B3-4D40-896B-DCA8E5429ED5.jpeg (565.68 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
96F8B9FE-62A4-441B-BFC5-2628EB38BCE6.jpeg
96F8B9FE-62A4-441B-BFC5-2628EB38BCE6.jpeg (619.92 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
Do *not* sleep on that Janko Nilovic “Maze of Sounds.”
Dusty Groove had copies for about 4 hours and they were gone (of course I had just ordered from the label’s bandcamp - took about 5.5 weeks to get to me!).

It’s so so good. I can’t recommend it enough. I think Two-Headed Dog is getting some copies.

The Sam Fox and MP2000 were somewhat blind buys - they super cheap so I threw them in with something else I had bought from a seller. Hoping they’re decent.
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:46 pmI know you've been buying up larger lots and getting some duplicates for some of these library stuff, if you have anything you want to sell let me know. I'd love to pick up some of that stuff.
@inks that sucks about having so many packages just floating around out there! That’s where I was until the last couple of days.
I do still have quite a few packages from Europe that I’ve seen no sign of - I bought a decent lot of Chappell and most of them are still nowhere to be seen (I think there are 5 total).

And I’ll DM you about any duplicates I have.
By milliondollars
wow! you grow the most interesting collection on this forum @havershaw. impossible to keep up with your pace.

did not even realize Echoing America was reissued. that was was terribly tough to find a few years ago...

also, i totally agree on the Soul Surfers/Nilovic record. really amazing!
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 am Do *not* sleep on that Janko Nilovic “Maze of Sounds.”
Dusty Groove had copies for about 4 hours and they were gone (of course I had just ordered from the label’s bandcamp - took about 5.5 weeks to get to me!).

It’s so so good. I can’t recommend it enough. I think Two-Headed Dog is getting some copies.
I'm listening to this right now and it's pretty damn good. Next week when I get paid I think I'll be ordering it and a few other library reissues you recommended. They may take for ever to get shipped and to arrive but the 15% off code is too hard to pass up from 2HD right now.
By havershaw
ahhhh the dreaded 15% off 2HD code! Yeah that’s gonna get me too. Haha.

I’ve actually had pretty good luck with them with shipping lately. So it might not be too bad of a wait.

I ordered that Maze of Sounds from the label’s bandcamp on Dec 4 and it arrived yesterday, haha.

What’s that code? I don’t think I’ve seen a new code for them but there’s a few things I could use that they have in stock.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:58 pm ahhhh the dreaded 15% off 2HD code! Yeah that’s gonna get me too. Haha.

I’ve actually had pretty good luck with them with shipping lately. So it might not be too bad of a wait.

I ordered that Maze of Sounds from the label’s bandcamp on Dec 4 and it arrived yesterday, haha.

What’s that code? I don’t think I’ve seen a new code for them but there’s a few things I could use that they have in stock.
Code is currently MUSICCABINET, well it was when I used it 2 weeks ago. It's been that code since October I think. It's not advertised but if you listen to DJ Alfonso's Music Cabinet show he usually says it at the end.

I'm not sure why but when ever they "ship" my packages they take almost 2 weeks to get picked up or dropped off to USPS then it's another 2-3 week trek from CA to NY. For some reason it always takes 2 weeks from it's leaving CA scan to land at my door step. I order lots of stuff from the west coast media mail and it never takes that long. But I've just come to accept it. So I usually just mentally prepare myself when I buy from them it's a 3-5 week wait for the records if they are in stock.

I have a two records from Germany that took 30 days from the day they were scanned to leave the country to when they were scanned as received in the US. That was almost 2 weeks ago and they are still sitting in the main hub where they landed in the US. No clue when I'll actually receive them.

Meanwhile I had an order from Japan ship and land on my door step in 4 days.
By havershaw
Hahaha yeah it seems super random.
I have 3 Chappells that I ordered from Spain on Black Friday. They didn’t give me tracking so I have no idea where they are, but they’re still not here.

One of the Chappells that arrived yesterday was shipped from France about a week ago! And I didn’t pay any more than normal (€12 - €15, max).
Then I just looked and saw that I have 2 more Chappells from Germany that I ordered Nov 30 and they still say “Origin Post is preparing shipment.” But sometimes they don’t ever change from that and they just show up.

And thanks for the 2HD code - I’ll give that a try.
By inksb
So....who the fuck thought this was a good design for the package? Print the jacket as double sided card that gets put in a heavy poly jacket with a DVD that just get's stuck to the inside of the jacket? This was not what I was expecting when I opened up the package. Luckily the music is fantastic. I only was able to fully listen to side A, I put side B on but was distracted and didn't really hear much of it. Excited to spin it again tomorrow.