Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
Also, even on discogs, I’ll notice that a cool record will still be priced way above even the highest price one has ever sold for.
I’ll see a record that says its highest sale was like $185 and then the lowest priced one available for sale is like $400.
By elifunk
really, it's impossibile to buy in stores.

in the last decade,
italian second-hand shops have become disgusting, and for this reason almost everyone is closing forever.

in my city for example, there are no more record stores since years.

you can just hope for good deals with private people.
By Steve Powder
OMG someone posted Sharks and Men on librarymusicthemes!!!! Get it! It's an extremely rare Patucchi score

It's beautifully recorded too! Almost like a CD
By texasvinyl
That guy has a nice copy, my Odeon looks flawless but plays with some light crackle. Although better sounding than I remember except A6. I wonder if A6 sounds better on Metralleta Stein. The sound quality here is sub-par compared to other tracks. I don't know how the guy that ripped it got it sounding like this- I wonder if it was heavily EQd and whether he spruced up the recording.

There are more than the two groovy tracks on here! But if you want all funky rare grooves then you will be disappointed. I like A1, A4, A6, A7, and B1. After track B1 I am with Eli, the long suspense cue on the B side is decent but overall I often pull off the record once B1 is over.
By ChrisMcQueen007
texasvinyl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 pm That guy has a nice copy, my Odeon looks flawless but plays with some light crackle. Although better sounding than I remember except A6. I wonder if A6 sounds better on Metralleta Stein. The sound quality here is sub-par compared to other tracks. I don't know how the guy that ripped it got it sounding like this- I wonder if it was heavily EQd and whether he spruced up the recording.

There are more than the two groovy tracks on here! But if you want all funky rare grooves then you will be disappointed. I like A1, A4, A6, A7, and B1. After track B1 I am with Eli, the long suspense cue on the B side is decent but overall I often pull off the record once B1 is over.
So which of Patucchi’s underwater output do you guys think is his strongest - Men of the sea, Alla Scoperta Del Mare?
By inksb
My copy of Pape Satan showed up this week, I ordered black, the packaging said it was black but ended up being the red splatter version. The entirety of track 2 is unlistenable due to nasty pops. I need to give it a wet clean this weekend and see if that helps other wise I get to go through the pleasant process of trying to exchange for a new copy with 2HD...
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:22 pm @inks which version do you have? I have this one, no issues.
https://www.discogs.com/Fabio-Fabor-Pap ... se/5544568
This one
https://www.discogs.com/Fabio-Fabor-Pap ... e/14890504

I would wager that it's just my copy that has a problem, hoping a clean takes care of it. Side B plays perfectly fine and everything after track 2 on side A is good.
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:22 pm I don't own any of the shark trilogy but do have this one.
Love to know the crossover between them all. I know this has at least some tracks from those three.
This whole LP is great by the way some truly evil and truly rightous grooves within.

@inks which version do you have? I have this one, no issues.
https://www.discogs.com/Fabio-Fabor-Pap ... se/5544568
I actually love this LP! (I only have it digitally) And have used various cues in my own little films n stuff over the years, haha...
By Dollarhyde
havershaw wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:03 am @dollar That one song that’s available on Discogs is great!
@havershaw there is a digital rip out there. I bit crackley though. Will see if I can dig it out.

This also has some tracks from the movies 'man from the deep river' and maybe 'frankenstein 2000'?
By Dollarhyde
havershaw wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:41 am Yeah I’d love to hear that! Thanks.
Hmmm, I think the blog I originally got it from the link has gone down. I should have it somewhere on a hardrive, possibly, but also had a hard drive die not too long ago. I'm not big on MP3/flac etc... :D

I did find it streaming here though! Maybe you can download it also, quality not the greatest :(

https://archive.org/details/Cam_CML_028 ... illers.mp3
By Dollarhyde
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 am
Hmmm, I think the blog I originally got it from the link has gone down. I should have it somewhere on a hardrive, possibly, but also had a hard drive die not too long ago. I'm not big on MP3/flac etc... :D

I did find it streaming here though! Maybe you can download it also, quality not the greatest :(

https://archive.org/details/Cam_CML_028 ... illers.mp3
Per salvarsi is a great track that could easily be overlooked, all good though.
By ScoJo
As I say I have this if you find yourself out of luck, although you can also download the Mp3s from that archive.org link, and having a quick listen I reckon it's the same slightly crackly rip that I have.

btw LA DIMOSTRAZIONE. Holy god.
By milliondollars
still too much CAM stuff to discover! this is what i play right now. another quite underrated number from two more or less overseen (french?) composers. the title of this record could not match the current situation better during this strange world we live in right now: New Times - New Sounds

here is a clip with six great cuts from the album but to me, the whole thing sounds great except one cheese flavoured cue on side B

https://www.discogs.com/Various-New-Tim ... se/3762866
Attachments
20200523_214612_resized.jpg
20200523_214612_resized.jpg (473.96 KiB) Viewed 4493 times
By Dollarhyde
Killer! @milliondollars, I always remembered there was an amazing CAM with green sleeve, maybe it was this one? A lot of killer synthy funky disco numbers in the later CAMs
By inksb
Has any one received shipping notification from Sonar Music for Alessandroni or Freedom Power? I just received shipping notification for Freedom Power from Rappcats but I placed my order for Alessandroni through Sonar's bandcamp.
By texasvinyl
Solid Renosto stuff likely with some Alessandroni support. Pleasant and lovely all the way through, light and easy with a couple of killer bossa
Attachments
IMG_20200526_191104~2.jpg
IMG_20200526_191104~2.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 4392 times