Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
I can afford one, which do I buy first? (I want both eventually)

Open Air Parade or Prisma Sonoro
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:54 pm Prisma for me, but both are online in full I think so you can decide for yourself ;-)
I've listened to both. I'm undecided :)

I can get both for about the same price and just want a push towards one first.
By sostark
I’ll second Prisma, but I think the buzz surrounding Open Air Parade might make it harder to cop later. Whichever you decide on, I wouldn’t hesitate too long before buying the other.
By havershaw
I know the original pressings are almost always better than reissues, but given the prices on these originals:

are they *that* much better?

(this is coming from someone who absolutely has spent dumb money on originals vs reissues of certain things)
By inksb
I found Open Air Parade for $26 over at Juno.uk with $5 shipping to the US. Everywhere in the US is $35-38+shipping

And now you forced me to order both...thanks guys...you put the fear in me and I missed out on a few of his other reissues lately.
By havershaw
ohhh inks, I thought you meant you were spending crazy $ on one of the originals. hence my question!

I ended up having to pay $80 for a Ritmo Dell’Industria No. 2 reissue earlier this year, after having slept on a lot of those reissues, so the fear is in me as well from here on out.

I’m still missing two of the “butterfly” records that were reissued because I can’t seem to find an affordable copy in the US.
By inksb
Yeah, those "butterfly" records are two that I really want but like you said they are a bit pricey.
By sostark
I can’t tell you the number of library reissues and compilations I have given a cursory listen to, decided inessential or uninteresting at the time, only to end up coughing up 3-4 times the price a few years later. I realize I can’t buy every reissue, but I try to listen with a little bit more open ears to sus our whether or not the music might mean more to me at a later date with new releases.
By monsterworship
Prisma is great. Out of all the library records I am always sure to pick up the AA records, instead of regretting it later.

My Open Air Parade is waiting for me at the post office, ordered it directly from Sonor, took a lot longer to receive than I would have liked since I preordered it day one.
By inksb
Dusty Groove shipped my record like 3 hours after I ordered it, quite impressed with that (Prisma). Surprisingly Juno did not ship with in 24hrs which they have done for every other record I've order from them (Open Air) but with it being the holidays I'm sure their hours may not be normal.
By monsterworship
monsterworship wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:33 pm Prisma is great. Out of all the library records I am always sure to pick up the AA records, instead of regretting it later.

My Open Air Parade is waiting for me at the post office, ordered it directly from Sonor, took a lot longer to receive than I would have liked since I preordered it day one.
Dissapointed in the pressing of Open Air Parade. The vinyl I got has a lot of non-fill / pock marks.
By havershaw
I’ll have to check mine again - I listened to it once I got it and didn’t notice anything weird, but I sort of had it on in the background and wasn’t totally focused.
By ScoJo
Ugh.

Is that Cinedelic? I recall the first press of Under Pompelmo was a bit of a shitshow. Luckily 2nd press was better.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm Ugh.

Is that Cinedelic? I recall the first press of Under Pompelmo was a bit of a shitshow. Luckily 2nd press was better.
Sonar Music Editions.

Mine shipped today from Juno so I should have in a week or so. Really hope it's not a bad pressing
By texasvinyl
ScoJo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm Ugh.

No, but yeah early cinedelic were not as good as the later ones once he switched plants to MPO. Sadly his focus seems to have entirely shifted to Italian minimalism/ambient and new music. I thought he did the best Italian reissues, and it is thanks to him we can enjoy profondita, psycheground and other records that are so incredibly difficult to get.
By texasvinyl
milliondollars wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:34 pm funny the seller is calling Piacevole Ascolto a "Analogue Masterpiece". it is one of those nice to have Leo's but far away from that. still nice to have it...

that Atmosfere record is fantastic. highly recommended!!
I got this Piacevole Ascolto today, I did not expect the conga/bongo stuff over church organ, that is pretty neat. The track Piccola Mary is my pick on the A side. I like the A side quite a lot. B side not so much except for Tema per Monica. These Leo sure have a nice deep groove pressing.

On a side note, does this get a nod for Ladies Names LP? Five of the tracks have lady names.

By Steve Powder
Isn't Prisma Sonoro a lost case now because of how scratchy the sound from the mastertapes are? I listened to the Spotify tracks, the Cometa reissue was the same deal. I bought the Conroy Eurobeat Romantic Backgrounds LP a while back, has a bunch of Prisma Sonoro tracks.
By texasvinyl
I think I sold it but I used to have the roundtable reissue of Prisma. I remember it sounding pretty good, not scratchy.