Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Bernard Estardy and Alan Feanch.

Not spun this in a while, better than I remember.
Always feel french library deserves more love
By milliondollars
Bernard Estardy and Alan Feanch are my cup of tea! i was thinking of doing a Feanch best of mix one day as have most of his stuff (i believe).

french library is underrated indeed. in general i think people are a bit too spoiled and dazzled by super rarity bulls**t and neglect a lot of medium rare and easy to find titles from france, germany or the UK, but it's only my opinion.

funny seeing you spinning this hidden Tele Music @Dollarhyde! really like that one. i got inspired by @havershaw seeing posting the Tele Music comp and started to browse through Tele Music stuff myself. this is what i have played this morning.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Vibraph ... se/1613496
20191218_071154_resized.jpg
20191218_071154_resized.jpg (753.19 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
By Dollarhyde
@million vibraphones is a great one. I agree on the grail chasing. I think the Italians and their many micro presses often steal the lime light. saying that I also think trends shift and change, part of me wonders if at some point the 'italian' sound will not excite the many quite so much as it does now.

That telemusic comp looks quite a nice with an interesting selection of songs.
By milliondollars
agreed on the italian trend and also on the Tele Music comp. it looks really fancy but after checking the titles i know that there is only one record that i miss in it's original format (Kingston Drive from TM 3085 - Rock & Reggae) and i doubt i even want to have that one, haha! really do not understand how this tune made it onto this comp anyway... will probably not double dip even if the comp looks really promissing.
By texasvinyl
Speaking of overhyped rarities, I noticed tempo de naja disappeared at a really stupid price. And there are definitely some carnival & polka tracks on it (and some straight fire too)
By Dollarhyde
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 pm Speaking of overhyped rarities, I noticed tempo de naja disappeared at a really stupid price. And there are definitely some carnival & polka tracks on it (and some straight fire too)
I'm not surprised, I don't think I want to know how much it went for. I don't follow libraries as close as you and @million but I have not seen that record for sale for years! And like you say I know there are at least a few killers on it, god I love me some polka! ;)
By milliondollars
classic example of italian overpricing. Tempo Di Naja is not solid at all. the polka/folky parts are far below average. i can not understand how anybody can pay such a high price for it...
tempo di naja.JPG
tempo di naja.JPG (50.51 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
By milliondollars
my Tele Music odyssey continues and i have reached #14 with making my way through some not as good ones like #11, which i did not play for a very long time i guess. only yesterday i have discovered that it is a perfect contender to the Girls Names Library List. love the way every girl on this record got their descriptive adjective like Perverse Claude, Frivole Estelle or Coquette Isabelle. this is just too funny and i have never noticed it. what were they thinking? haha!

#14 is much better for my eardrums. it is even more than that. this is what i call a classic Tele Music that should be already available in every household...

https://www.discogs.com/Guy-Pedersen-Co ... se/1033585
20191219_065821_resized.jpg
20191219_065821_resized.jpg (891.56 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
Last edited by milliondollars on Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By texasvinyl
Damn I was too slow on that Serra Atmosfere! Nice price too.

I did snag Piacevole Ascolto which I am very excited about. Very respectable price too. These Leo are so tough to find these days, and this is a pretty good one.

Keep posting the French stuff, it's nice to see. I don't have any telemusic. They could hang with the Italians sometimes :)
By milliondollars
funny the seller is calling Piacevole Ascolto a "Analogue Masterpiece". it is one of those nice to have Leo's but far away from that. still nice to have it...

that Atmosfere record is fantastic. highly recommended!!
By texasvinyl
Haha yeah masterpiece I dunno. But it's at least half good with maybe two very good tracks. I got a couple others coming in the mail for Christmas. Snagged the Ritmo Dell'industria N1 after listening to the guy's full album rip. And a Musicorama N.11. Still looking for 7 and 16 though.

There's a N.14 on eBay for 155. Very nice record with some uncredited Alessandroni stuff on it, these are really scarce. Not a bad pickup.
By texasvinyl

I forgot I added this to an order last month because it was only a couple bucks. Not bad! About five nice tracks here.
By milliondollars
you were looking for Musicorama N.7? sold a minty double copy on discogs about two weeks ago (i was young and needed that christmas money...). it disappeared within seconds... i think these Musicorama records are terribly inconsistent. the ones that attract me are 1, 2 and 3.

took a picture of spinning it just before i wrapped it up.

https://www.discogs.com/Giorgio-Carnini ... se/6273667
20191205_215751_resized.jpg
20191205_215751_resized.jpg (889.26 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
Last edited by milliondollars on Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By texasvinyl
1-3 are good? I assumed with Nicolai + Carpi they were orchestrals.

This series would be a likely candidate for a compilation. While inconsistent there are some really top shelf tracks. Beat Requiem on the one you just sold is one.

By texasvinyl
Received Open Air Parade reissue today. I do have this one, but it is damaged so I was hoping for a home run reissue.

I put on the record. The first track starts, and..... the notes sound pitched up? Surely that can't be. So I go get my guitar, and I tuned it to the SR pressing. Then I played the Sonor reissue. Sure enough, it's pitched up like 1/3 of a note. I tried two different tracks, too. Strange! I wonder was the original pitched down or did they mess up slightly on the remaster.

The pressing otherwise is decent, but like many of these reissues somehow lacks the deep groove sound stage of the old pressings. A little more space in the mix and punch in the sound.
By havershaw
whoa, I am shocked to hear this.
I don’t have the original, so I have no comparison but I sure thought this sounded great initially.
By texasvinyl
I mean probably no one would even notice except I have listened to this LP so many times. It still sounds nice :)
By havershaw
Very much enjoying this weird-ass record.
Attachments
3939D22E-619D-4F0F-910B-6776C8B89F3D.jpeg
3939D22E-619D-4F0F-910B-6776C8B89F3D.jpeg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 1936 times
By sostark
I feel as though every time I reenter this thread my wantlist and library obsession mushrooms. Thanks all. Although I have wanted Contrebasses before today.

Anyway, I hope this isn't an unwanted post, but here is my year end mix. Lots I heard for the first time this year, though some I included just because I was jazzed to finally have a copy (Philopsis). I know most of this isn't library, but if any people can make it through this playlist, I think it would be library music obsessives. Happy holidays and all that. Cheers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xlTL8B ... sp=sharing

1. Hawthorn Flakes - Metal Fingers Doom (0:35)
2. Cathedral - Galt MacDermot (2:14)
3. Trick Or Treat - Vince Guaraldi (1:17)
4. Fanfare/Breathless/Trick Or Treat (Reprise) - Vince Guaraldi (0:46)
5. Mystification - Gianni Safred And His Electronic Instruments (3:45)
6. Petting – Sandro Brugnolini (4:06)
7. Heartworm - Oh Sees (1:56)
8. Happy You Should Be - Mashmakhan (3:47)
9. Ballet Vaudou - Camille Sauvage (2:19)
10. Visions Of 2000AD 4 - James Harpham (1:50)
11. VoodooTronics - James Harpham (4:48)
12. Begleitung Fur Tuba - Ursula Bogner (2:26)
13. Shell Spot 1 (a) - Os Mutantes (0:30)
14. Shell Spot 4 (b) - Os Mutantes (0:32)
15. Glória Ao Rei Nos Confins Do Além - Os Mutantes (4:10)
16. Sapphire - September - Emil Richards (2:23)
17. Wiggy (November) - Hal Blaine (2:14)
18. Poisoned Stones - Oh Sees (3:55)
19. Dick Dogs - Sonny Sharrock (4:00)
20. Athanor - Jacky Giordano (2:43)
21. Space - Galt MacDermot (1:51)
22. Monsieur L' Indien - Péloquin Sauvageau (6:09)
23. Together Tomorrow - Oh Sees (1:34)
24. Chott Djerid - Perception (12:11)
25. Garnet - January - Emil Richards (2:29)
26. Jacket Plum - Metal Fingers Doom (2:45)
27. The Electric People (Lilly Beat) - Giampiero Boneschi (2:27)