Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
oh wow! did not see that one. it is a crazy rarity but not worth the price in my opinion. on the other hand...i would not mind having that one on the shelf, haha!
By milliondollars
this is something that i have discovered only recently. a Rino De Filippi and Claudio Maioli album that is (or was) unknown to this day. gave it a chance when i have seen it and i am really surprised how good it is! was expecting this to sound like the almost unpleasantly cheesy Specchio Di Una Psiche as it seems to be from the same period. it is totally different though. there is two cheesy flavoured cues on it as well but the rest i would describe as cosmic, ambient and tribal, pastoral themes. tunes like Ancient Trace have that certain mysterious vibe that you hear only on a library record...highly recommended!

https://www.discogs.com/R-De-Filippi-C- ... e/14239922
20191021_064903_resized.jpg
20191021_064903_resized.jpg (679.55 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
By texasvinyl

Still waiting for @million to gift me his copy of Scoppa/Santucci Looking Around, so I guess the reissue will have to do ;)

What a record it is
By texasvinyl

oh man this one might get me in trouble (time to dispense of some more records!!), but someone put one up and I had to get it. @million this is all your fault I think. Weren't you the one posted the Diamonds version of this earlier this year. This track just gets better and better as it goes.
By milliondollars
great to see you spin your Electronic Tricks @sos! you have been for that one for a while if i remember correctly. such a crazy good record! love the vinyl sound of this one.
By milliondollars
Looking Around ain't going nowhere @Texas, haha! this one is just too good.

found my old post spinning the Diamonds Four. it is a great record! so weird because the Music Scene is credited to Luigi Ferracioli. have found out about this earlier this year and have posted a discogs comment as i was not able to merge these two together. the person who merged these two recently, seems to have reported my comment and it was deleted, whic is weird but anyway, a great record and i am hapy that you got a copy!
milliondollars wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 am another one of last years acquisitions is this almost rare Mario Molino related record. was lucky to get my sticky fingers on a archive copy of it for pennies as the UK seller obviously did not know what it was. do not know much about the label or the release but i can confirm that this album is rockin' hard! can be heard at soundcloud since delirious music has uploaded some tunes...

https://www.discogs.com/Mario-Molino-Th ... se/9405850
20190109_202327_resized.jpg
20190109_202327_resized.jpg (665.67 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
By milliondollars
was reaching for the stars once more over the weekend. another really interesting Space Library stuff that i admire. also, it looks like these two are the only releases of Alfaluna. this is a pseudonym, credited to the totally unknown Luana Fazzuoli but thanks to some research of super skilled library aficionados, Alfaluna was uncovered as the work of Ermanno Croce, Costantino Paolini, Luigiana Gaeta and Luana Fazzuoli. whoever these people are, and however this project came around, we should be super thankful for being able to hear it as it sounds so marvellous! Spaziali aka Suoni Dal Futuro (the sounds of the future) is described as music for science and technology and is another super fine example for the contrast of library music to normal consumer stuff. a reissue exists and some gracious soul has uploaded the whole 70+ minutes masterwork on youtube...

https://www.discogs.com/Alfaluna-Spazia ... e/10413606
https://www.discogs.com/Alfaluna-Spazia ... se/7572215
20191027_214951_resized.jpg
20191027_214951_resized.jpg (885.1 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
20191026_085403_resized.jpg
20191026_085403_resized.jpg (822.98 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

By milliondollars
lavish piece sold for a lavish price yesterday i believe...

quite sure this will show up at one of those fancy instagram accounts.

love the comment, haha!
sales log_20191029-220255.jpg
sales log_20191029-220255.jpg (112.34 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
By milliondollars
this is a super strong Coloursound by Joel Vandroogenbroeck and Marc Monsen. such a great vibe on this and i love the topic. this is next level industrial library getting even more specific with describing the californian economy and they did it really well. underrated record that sounds like a unreleased Dam-Funk album almost, haha!

https://www.discogs.com/VDB-Joel-M-Mons ... se/2160385
20191104_065802_resized.jpg
20191104_065802_resized.jpg (1017.37 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
By texasvinyl
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:10 pm ,rare one, I think the repress sounds outstanding
They should have listed 1000-1500 for this one imho
Eyyyyy was I right or was I right. People dropping some coin!!! Really the 80s one is perfect sounding, just no need to spend that much. Although someone needs to snag my Molino Love. I heard of one sell for 2000 Euros at Utrecht!!
By milliondollars
@Tex: yeah, you were right about Cabildos...crazy how fast it disappeared!

why selling your Love? ain't there no love anymore? haha!
there are some outstanding psychedelic tunes on it but seriously, is it such a heavyweight?
By texasvinyl
There are the four very long Iron Suite pieces and a few very nice bossa tunes. The cover is beautiful, and of course it's one of very few double LP gatefold libraries and super scarce (I have never seen another one but surely they are out there) But I think it lacks consistency with several cues made for kids shows, and the iron suite is basically four versions of the same track. If I could get a crazy price I would sell it and buy something I want more. I heard the dealers were asking really crazy prices for it but who knows.
By texasvinyl

Usually just listen to my flac album rip but decided to give this a spin. The record and jacket are both so fragile, I'm always afraid of messing them up. This Stella disc is wafer thin. More and more this is my favorite record of his. There's just something about it.
By milliondollars
that Trip Around The World is a must have for sure! i played the Alessandroni stuff on Panda the other day (Tempo Libero and the Ugolini one) which are equally good in my opinion. can't get enough of these...
By milliondollars
there are two remarkable Daybreak albums in the library world. one is the Rino De Filippi one that everybody knows/has. the other one is this KPM that i have played a few times over the last week. funny thing is that despite the same album title, both of them set a similar mood and on the KPM one there are cues, that could be on the De Filippi as they sound exactly like his compositions on this particular record. check the Fresh Appeal by Brian Bennett for example (see below). both records are higly recommended...

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Daybrea ... se/2616779
20191105_070937_resized.jpg
20191105_070937_resized.jpg (936.87 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
By milliondollars
this is quite a funny library. funny because the music itself sounds like kitsch and there is one weird stand out track. a tune composed by the great Sorgini under his Raskovich pseudonym. a tune called Overlook. if you hear Overlook, you can't deny that it is that progressive, beat-driven and funky sounding music that everybody associates with italian library and soundtrack music from the late 60s to mid 70s. Overlook does not have anything to do with the rest of the compositions on this particular record. but why did they put this helluva banger (where - undoubtedly - Alessandroni is playing guitar at his very best) on it? and the coolest thing about it: why did they call it Overlook? like this was really overlooked and somebody was thinking: "...damn, this has to be pressed up, no matter where! it is just too good..." like somebody was leaving a hidden clue, trying to bring the listener on the right path. in my opinion it is a tune, that could have appeared on the Scappo Per Cantare record. usually i do not like one trackers but this is a special one indeed...

https://www.discogs.com/Complesso-Cinie ... se/4516227
20191110_191908_resized.jpg
20191110_191908_resized.jpg (855.37 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
By milliondollars
classic Bruton in my opinion and another step closer to heaven (or rather space?). great synthesizer action all the way through from the orange BIR series (Futuristic, Electronic), which is, at least imho, one of the best from the vast Bruton catalogue. the fool in me really wants to complete this series one day, haha! whole album up on youtube...

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Terrest ... e/13407606
20191115_070644_resized.jpg
20191115_070644_resized.jpg (843.94 KiB) Viewed 2027 times
By texasvinyl

Ivana Mattei passed, she was the kinda crabby boss of cometa edizioni musicali. I don't know the extent she was involved in the production side. This record has the B side credited to her. I don't think she actually did these tracks unless she produced them. Sounds like a b side compilation of stuff leftover from other sessions. Two likely Alessandroni tracks and a couple of nice upbeat ones. One is definitely using a repurposed drum and bass track from another library, I recognize it for sure but can't remember which one.

The A side has some stabby disco numbers I don't like, but there is a very nice sophisticated bossa lounge track called Portofino. The side closes with a strange one, at first it sounds like a cheesy jaunty tropical number, but then a theremin comes in over the top and surprises you.

All in all, it's worth having, but I'm glad I only paid like 40 for it. Mixed bag.