Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
Nice,.read that was avant garde and not a typical alessandroni sound but never heard the record before.

I put this Nicolai record on tonight. I forgot it is so experimental. Some suspenseful pensive cues but much of it is hard edged and aggressive. Tribal beats and flute trills over buzzy electronics, way wah guitar noise over military snares, sustained dissonant organ chords over simple piano lines, it is sort of all over the place. I think it will go in the sell bin.
Attachments
PXL_20221020_040224027~2.jpg
PXL_20221020_040224027~2.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1760 times
By inksb
Definitely not typical Alessandroni by any means but I think a cool release that I'll spin around the spooky season
By Bezulsqy
I love the cover and know nothing about it:

https://www.bewithrecords.com/products/ ... lp#product

https://www.soundohm.com/product/emotionally-lp
Emotionally, crafted by Brainislave Zivkovic and Andre Tschaskowski in 1986 for Coloursound, is arguably the most beautiful library album ever produced. A start-to-finish masterpiece of powerfully melodic music for reflection and introspection. It is, indeed, deeply emotional.
By texasvinyl
Arguably the most beautiful library sure sounds like marketing puffery so I gave this a spin. It's been a few years. This is one of two coloursound I have. The "Moonset" track is jazzy melodic melancholy like a miles Davis track. It is a solid enough and varied library though. Actually if someone wants to buy this copy I'd be down to sell it, one of the furnaces just crapped out I don't think it will be a cheap fix.
Attachments
PXL_20221119_034354983.jpg
PXL_20221119_034354983.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1621 times
By milliondollars
not a christmas spin, not even from today, but this record was on heavy rotation over the past weeks. i did not pay it attention for a long time. possibly the very first record that was composed by Anne Dudley. looks like she made her way into the music world thrugh library compositions. she remains to be very busy till today, composing and conducting scores. this particular record is a really great electronic ambient album. solid from start to finish. a little masterpiece.

been listening to Roc Marciano in the car lately and i have realized, that there is a interesting link between him and this album. Marciano seems to have used it heavily for his beats. these two i could identify, but i am sure to hear another sample that i was not able to identify yet.

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/1473 ... -Underlays
20221127_144855_resized.jpg
20221127_144855_resized.jpg (711.27 KiB) Viewed 1554 times

used for:

this one is from the composition Somechimes

used for:

here is the full album:
By ScoJo
milliondollars wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:16 pm not a christmas spin, not even from today, but this record was on heavy rotation over the past weeks. i did not pay it attention for a long time. possibly the very first record that was composed by Anne Dudley. looks like she made her way into the music world thrugh library compositions. she remains to be very busy till today, composing and conducting scores. this particular record is a really great electronic ambient album. solid from start to finish. a little masterpiece.

been listening to Roc Marciano in the car lately and i have realized, that there is a interesting link between him and this album. Marciano seems to have used it heavily for his beats. these two i could identify, but i am sure to hear another sample that i was not able to identify yet.

20221127_144855_resized.jpg

used for:

this one is from the composition Somechimes

used for:

here is the full album:
@Millie - off topic but since you're here!
Umm... have you been receiving the emails about a certain label that has certain things they wish to ship to you? ;-)
By inksb
milliondollars wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:16 pm not a christmas spin, not even from today, but this record was on heavy rotation over the past weeks. i did not pay it attention for a long time. possibly the very first record that was composed by Anne Dudley. looks like she made her way into the music world thrugh library compositions. she remains to be very busy till today, composing and conducting scores. this particular record is a really great electronic ambient album. solid from start to finish. a little masterpiece.

Thanks for posting this, I love finding samples like this. I have a hard time placing a lot of them because I just don't listen to them close enough together.
By Bezulsqy
this sounds like a must have

https://www.soundohm.com/product/suonan ... atteria-lp
The holy grail of all the drum-breaks library LP, a true "cult" among DJ and producers, is available again in a faithful replica of the original gatefold sleeve and remastered from the original master tapes. Tullio De Piscopo is a drummer extraordinaire, a constant in Italian music, moving effortlessly between pop, jazz, rock and progressive modes. This record from 1974 could be thought of as the ultimate promulgation of his talent and versatility as a musician, though maybe not quite the ‘Practical Guide’ it professes to be on the sleeve!

“Suonando la Batteria Moderna” has long been considered as the ultimate drum breaks record. If you’ve heard Unkle’s “Drums of Death”, that’s Tullio’s hard-hitting style and octopus-like ability you hear as the foundation to Kool G Rap’s characteristically aggressive flow. The relentlessly enthusiastic Gaslamp Killer also cites this, and The Group’s “The Feed-Back” LP, as his most cherished possessions. If like us, the feel of the drums are often the dealbreaker when sizing up the worthiness of the obscuro excavation of the moment then you might want to meditate in “Suonando la Batteria Moderna”’s polyrhythmic heartbeat.
Attachments
WhatsApp-Image-2022-12-12-at-18-10-12-jpeg-2.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-12-12-at-18-10-12-jpeg-2.jpeg (225.66 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
By texasvinyl
nice, gatefold version. wonder if this or the 2015 red one will sound better. more of a drums library record, even though the drumming is really insane I don't put this on the deck very often, 40 minutes of nonstop drumming feels like a long time
By Bezulsqy
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:47 pm nice, gatefold version. wonder if this or the 2015 red one will sound better. more of a drums library record, even though the drumming is really insane I don't put this on the deck very often, 40 minutes of nonstop drumming feels like a long time
I noticed that the label that re-issued this in 2015 still has 1 test press available on their bandcamp. However, that could be an inventory error.

The new re-issue is from Dialogo and there attention to quality is top notch. I have the Morricone Dimensioni Sonore box from them and it sounds brilliant.
By inksb
Yeah I've been really happy with the Dialogo reissues that I've picked up over the last year or so. No issues at all with them.

I pre-ordered that, I actually really dug the album and I've been playing with the idea of sampling drums for some stuff in the future so it may be a good source for that as well
By Bezulsqy
I don’t have a lot of library records but very happy to have this one.
Attachments
066C7544-39CB-4E45-9336-FF7CC83C50B5.jpeg
066C7544-39CB-4E45-9336-FF7CC83C50B5.jpeg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1329 times
By milliondollars
listening to this record right now! René Roussel seems to have been a really obscure figure in the european library scene? at least for me! it the only library record that you can find and his discography is fairly short, too. but these facts do not make this record less interesting. it is another overseen early 80s ambient gem. besides the (already comed) bouncy proto-techno tune Caramel, you can spot some really nice moods for long nights. Manigance reminds me of Gianni Safreds Futuribile somehow and it is no wonder as both records come from the same era, more or less. Réserve is another futuribilesque tune and in fact, the i find a lot of parallels between these two albums. unfortunately i could not find a clip of the Bivouac tune, which is the best one for me. all in all i find this album really fascinating and interesting and recommend getting a copy, if spotted!

https://www.discogs.com/release/1484178 ... -Rubriques
20221228_143049_resized.jpg
20221228_143049_resized.jpg (538.74 KiB) Viewed 1320 times

By texasvinyl
Been after this one for about six years. I was able to snag it in the recent auction. Beautiful stuff, orchestrated, edda scat vocals, valdambrini trumpet, it's great especially Le Idee Chiare which appears to be the score to a 1973 drama called Ancora Una Volta Prima Di Lasciarci.

Attachments
PXL_20221228_225319741.jpg
PXL_20221228_225319741.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1303 times
By texasvinyl
Morning spin. Very pretty record with one beat track and a killer jazz beat Dizziness.

This is the spin that convinced me to change out the stylus. It was sounding like shredded ass. Getting down to the last of my shure n44-g stylus stockpile

It still sounds less than great, I think the internal wiring/ electronics on this Behringer mixer are failing after ten years of all day use. Time to find some gear!
Attachments
PXL_20230110_154933940.jpg
PXL_20230110_154933940.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1238 times