Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
available from Soundohm

3 original records (very few copies) and a new box for Egisto Macchi.
**Very rare original 1972 LP masterpiece, few copies available.** Ultra rare LP of experimental electronic music on Gemelli.
**Very rare original 1978 LP, few copies available.**
**Very rare original 1980 LP, numbered edition of 500 copies few copies available.** We managed to obtain very few copies of this original soundtrack album, issued by Cometa exactly 40 years ago in their "Serie speciale numerata per collezionisti", a numbered series aimed at collectors. The 14 tracks on Africa Nera Africa Rossa served as soundtrack to the 1978 Italian RAI TV movie in three episodes of the same name directed by Carlo Lizzani.
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2020-07-08 om 15.12.39.png
Schermafbeelding 2020-07-08 om 15.12.39.png (269.49 KiB) Viewed 3775 times
By havershaw
Ok, so I’ve listened to the RSD Ritmo Dell’Industria No. 2 and compared it to the Sonor and I am slightly bewildered.

The biggest, weirdest issue: the stereo sides are reversed. I don’t know which one is correct. Maybe someone with an original can weigh in here?
On Dialogando:
Sonor - drums and piano on the right
RSD - drums and piano on the left

The RSD pressing seems cleaner in terms of surface noise. Maybe my Sonor needs a cleaning. I did get it second hand.
RSD is brighter and has much bigger low end. I suspect it’s also a little more compressed. Sonor sounds more open.
I’m not sure which I like better. There are things I like about both.
There’s not much bass drum audible on this record, and on the RSD I feel like they boosted up the lows enough that the bass guitar covers what little you can hear of the bass drum. But I also like the added clarity and air of the RSD (and the much lower noise floor - seems like a pressing issue, not a mastering issue.
In short: I can’t decide which one I like better.
By Steve Powder
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 pm available from Soundohm

3 original records (very few copies) and a new box for Egisto Macchi.
**Very rare original 1972 LP masterpiece, few copies available.** Ultra rare LP of experimental electronic music on Gemelli.
**Very rare original 1978 LP, few copies available.**
**Very rare original 1980 LP, numbered edition of 500 copies few copies available.** We managed to obtain very few copies of this original soundtrack album, issued by Cometa exactly 40 years ago in their "Serie speciale numerata per collezionisti", a numbered series aimed at collectors. The 14 tracks on Africa Nera Africa Rossa served as soundtrack to the 1978 Italian RAI TV movie in three episodes of the same name directed by Carlo Lizzani.
Thanks alot for this! I grabbed the Luciano Eventi. 28 bucks for a original Luciano, fantastic deal. There was the Gemelli one which is pretty weirdly hyped for a record, interesting record though.
By texasvinyl
I forgot what it sounds like, have eventi somewhere.

I snagged a major long-time want yesterday, I am excited! I will post it here in a month or whenever it arrives, I have looked for a copy for years
By ChrisMcQueen007
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:09 am I forgot what it sounds like, have eventi somewhere.

I snagged a major long-time want yesterday, I am excited! I will post it here in a month or whenever it arrives, I have looked for a copy for years
Sounds like something truly special. Looking forward to seeing which rarity you treated yourself to.
By texasvinyl
havershaw wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:16 am Ok, so I’ve listened to the RSD Ritmo Dell’Industria No. 2 and compared it to the Sonor and I am slightly bewildered.

The biggest, weirdest issue: the stereo sides are reversed. I don’t know which one is correct. Maybe someone with an original can weigh in here?
On Dialogando:
Sonor - drums and piano on the right
RSD - drums and piano on the left

The RSD pressing seems cleaner in terms of surface noise. Maybe my Sonor needs a cleaning. I did get it second hand.
RSD is brighter and has much bigger low end. I suspect it’s also a little more compressed. Sonor sounds more open.
I’m not sure which I like better. There are things I like about both.
There’s not much bass drum audible on this record, and on the RSD I feel like they boosted up the lows enough that the bass guitar covers what little you can hear of the bass drum. But I also like the added clarity and air of the RSD (and the much lower noise floor - seems like a pressing issue, not a mastering issue.
In short: I can’t decide which one I like better.
Drums and piano are on the right channel
By havershaw
thanks, @texas.

Then I’m not super surprised to find that Sonor is correct and the RSD one is flopped.

It probably isn’t a big deal to some people but it will bug me forever now.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:03 am thanks, @texas.

Then I’m not super surprised to find that Sonor is correct and the RSD one is flopped.

It probably isn’t a big deal to some people but it will bug me forever now.
Just wanted to let you know @havershaw that my copy of Farfalla has landed in NYC yesterday. I'm curious how long it will take for it to move from there to me.
By havershaw
Thanks, @inks.
Mine still hasn’t hit the US yet but they did assure me that that’s pretty ‘normal’ for things right now.
By inksb
This arrived from rappcats today and I immediately threw it on the table. What an enjoyable record. I need to track down a copy of Feelings now.

By havershaw
correction: it’s here and it’s amazing so far.
750D0290-ADF7-4C9B-AB20-2FA22B04DA96.jpeg
750D0290-ADF7-4C9B-AB20-2FA22B04DA96.jpeg (355.89 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
By texasvinyl
inksb wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:15 pm This arrived from rappcats today and I immediately threw it on the table. What an enjoyable record. I need to track down a copy of Feelings now.

Hot damn this is a great record. I've had the OG my want list for a very long time and haven't seen so much as a whisper of a copy, but I'd never heard the whole thing. I can't believe they withdrew this for the catalog # misprint and never repressed, it boggles the mind.
By havershaw
Haha, my AA and Freedom Power just made it to customs in Chicago. Mailed June 9!

Now it just has to make it to AZ.
By havershaw
Black vinyl AA Trip Around the World is here.
Way better pressing than the green vinyl - still a little crackly towards the end of the A side (that’s as far as I’ve gotten). Still occasional right channel crackles and pops, but much less than the green pressing.

Weirdly, there is no Discogs entry for the black version, which has a variation in the back cover from the first (green) pressing, so I made one.
By texasvinyl
I wonder if a nice Japanese collection was let go recently and is filtering out into the world. This is the third record in as many months I've received from three different sellers with the exact same type of numbered Japanese catalog sticker
Attachments
IMG_20200720_225230~2.jpg
IMG_20200720_225230~2.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 3447 times
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 am Haha, my AA and Freedom Power just made it to customs in Chicago. Mailed June 9!

Now it just has to make it to AZ.
Finally!!! I hope it arrives soon. The wait for these have been crazy.