Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 pm
milliondollars wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:08 am wow! apparently a discogs dealer threw in the whole batch of those Fly/Viaggio Attraverso records. they seem to be in great condition but if you look close, the grading must be totally exaggerated. according to hsi facebook page, he has a terrible grading system and does not refund and his policy says: "BUYER PAYS FOR RETURN SHIPPING"

you know the deal...better be carefull!
Saw that, saw traffico which I really want but yeah. Dude has OVER 600 negative feedback. That is not easy to accomplish without being a super shitty seller
i bet you could not resist anyway, haha!
By milliondollars
some great things going on in here!

really love those Southern pieces @havershaw. also, that Golden Plains is my one of my favourite from Bruton's pastoral series. and Boosey is another intriguing label. i have kept some cherries on the shelf, like 3034, 3052 and 3062, but there is so much more to discover...

that Fabor is classic @Jimmy_Mike ...love that one!
Last edited by milliondollars on Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By milliondollars
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am @havershaw I have a couple of nice Trevor Duncan B&H libraries, those Southern LP's look great 'Hyper Evil Suite' sounds promising :D

Need to check Delirious Music and that Hilario sanchez sounds nice.

Recently acquired some Japanese library!! :D

All produced through the 60's some really amazing stuff amongst these grooves.
almost fell off the chair when i saw this! incredible find! you should really post this on the LMT forum and will get sometning like a presidential medal of honour for this. totally insane... how in the hell did you find these?
By milliondollars
been enjoying this CAM recently. powerful moogy mix with a spanish touch made by the spanish (what else?) composer Alfonso Santisteban. really dig that one! side B is a little more boring at some point, but still a great record all the way through. apparently this was reissued by a (to me) totally unknown label in 2018...

https://www.discogs.com/A-Santisteban-S ... se/3963877
20200321_103518_resized.jpg
20200321_103518_resized.jpg (809 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
By Dollarhyde
milliondollars wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am @havershaw I have a couple of nice Trevor Duncan B&H libraries, those Southern LP's look great 'Hyper Evil Suite' sounds promising :D

almost fell off the chair when i saw this! incredible find! you should really post this on the LMT forum and will get sometning like a presidential medal of honour for this. totally insane... how in the hell did you find these?
From Yahoo Japan ;D

I will at some point try and rip them. As they are from the 60's that's gives a good idea to what kind of sounds are on them. If anything they remind me a little of the stuff I've heard on a label like southern from that period.

It's predominantly orchestral but also a fair few jazzier peices with sax, bass and vibes. Also some great vintage japanese electronics.
Many of the tracks have a distinctly Japanese/eastern flavour and also a lot of quite experimental contempory classical kind of stuff, as the founders of iconic Avant Garde post war Japanese collective "Jikken Kobo" (in terms of music) are all represented on a number of these releases. Takemitsu, Yuasa, Hayashi.

That being said they can be hit and miss as some become quite generic sounding.
By sostark
Hi gents--I've been lurking long enough and I thought I'd throw these photos/topics up for discussion. I've had a desire to post other grabs, and might get around to that now that the world has stopped. I pulled the trigger on the Tidbeats collection and it is magnificent. No, not all the cues are my cup of tea but I'm convinced that if you're in this thread you will be delighted. There are some slinky funky grooves, lots of orchestra, little in the way of fuzz or electronic moments but overall a satisfying set. Each disc has an insert with more info than you might expect.
The other noteworthy comp being Four Flies Esterno Notte 3. I've been pleased with all the other entries in this series and this might be one of Four Flies best. Heavy on the 70s groove/beat. Very enjoyable.
By texasvinyl
Dollar I didn't know there were Japanese library records! Nice find :-)

I got this one in the mail today fresh from the 'bay. Happy with the pickup. Very good record, later 70s jazz/disco funk stuff. Fire Barn is the one I really wanted but that's a tough pull. Not a clue who plays on this one. The track "tunnel" is pure filthy sleaze, I love it!
Attachments
IMG_20200325_154028~2.jpg
IMG_20200325_154028~2.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 3644 times
By havershaw
@sostark I really love that Tidbeats set. I listened to it a lot in the first 3-4 days of the quarantine.

I ordered Esterno Notte Vol. 3, but Four Flies stuff always takes forever to get to me in the southwestern US, so I’m still waiting! I love the first two volumes, though.
By sostark
Yeah idk—perhaps the tidbeats set was a longer project requiring more effort than some library comps, or perhaps the studios required more access and expected to be paid well for such a unique set.

As a library freak and color vinyl fetishist, I am undoubtedly ecstatic to own this set. With that said, shopping on a good, well stocked site I could name 10 or more library reissues that are still available and that I think are much more essential and could be purchased in any combination of 3 or 4 for roughly the same price Tidbeats is.
By texasvinyl
Havershaw this is your fault haha

The Challenger was priced the way I wanted, and the rest were cheap so figured might as well take advantage on the lower shipping cost!
Attachments
IMG_20200326_132353~2.jpg
IMG_20200326_132353~2.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 3591 times
By texasvinyl
Contrbass is very good. Challenger is the best of the lot by a mile. Continental Pop Sound also pretty good. Claviers Side A I enjoyed, B not so much. Other two are kinda meh don't really like the patchwork and plenty of cheese on the Underground Work.
By texasvinyl

Nice quarantine mail day today. I'm sure I'll never have an Italian OG carosello with the cover, but this 80s reissue sounds absolutely incredible and is stone mint all around.

@million you've got em all I think, which is your favorite pressing?
By texasvinyl
De Filippi jams .. uptown jazz .. some de Filippi lightness but nicely balanced with funky baselines, movement oriented time signatures, 5/4, funk-driven stress "on the one" backed by shimmering synths & strings. It shouldn't work but it does. Even the pastoral ones like Enunciation reveal little details with repeat listens. Then Meek comes at the end like a funky smooth jazz spider bathing in the morning dew.
Attachments
IMG_20200329_192954~2.jpg
IMG_20200329_192954~2.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3511 times
By havershaw
and also @texas, sorry for being a bad influence.
But you guys are the ones who turned me on to all of this library stuff in the first place!
By milliondollars
Dollarhyde wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:52 am
milliondollars wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm

From Yahoo Japan ;D

I will at some point try and rip them. As they are from the 60's that's gives a good idea to what kind of sounds are on them. If anything they remind me a little of the stuff I've heard on a label like southern from that period.

It's predominantly orchestral but also a fair few jazzier peices with sax, bass and vibes. Also some great vintage japanese electronics.
Many of the tracks have a distinctly Japanese/eastern flavour and also a lot of quite experimental contempory classical kind of stuff, as the founders of iconic Avant Garde post war Japanese collective "Jikken Kobo" (in terms of music) are all represented on a number of these releases. Takemitsu, Yuasa, Hayashi.

That being said they can be hit and miss as some become quite generic sounding.
thanks @Dollar! will be on the look out! if you ever should rip them, please do not forget about the good people over at LMT :)
By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:17 pm Image

Nice quarantine mail day today. I'm sure I'll never have an Italian OG carosello with the cover, but this 80s reissue sounds absolutely incredible and is stone mint all around.

@million you've got em all I think, which is your favorite pressing?
hard to tell but i would say that the Conroy or the Costanza are the best, followed by this and the OG pressing, which sounds superb, too.