Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:58 am Curious which you like better, the beauty of Prisma or the daring of open air
On initial listens I would say Prisma but I keep going back to Open Air more. I'm not really sure yet but they have been the only records on the table this week.
By milliondollars
mysterious vibes on another cryptic library from italy. officially credited to Remigio Ducros under his unofficial Astemix pseudonym, the composers of these tunes were Daniela Casa, Luciano Simoncini and Gianpiero Ricci in reality. (at least according to the SIAE database entries, researched by the library archaeologist Mr.) if you are the funky type of boy/girl, this one is not really for you. but if you are into spooky and haunting compositions, you want to hear this...

https://www.discogs.com/Astemix-TST-Inc ... se/1548799
20200113_065509_resized.jpg
20200113_065509_resized.jpg (630.77 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
By milliondollars
maybe the best of 4 volumes in this series and also one of my favourite french libraries. just the perfect library sound all over! there is no proof for it but in my opinion it is the same session and players as on the Crank record on Freesound. anyway, #2 in this instrumental series is offering library creativity on the highest level and is so damn funky...

https://www.discogs.com/Jean-Michel-Lor ... se/1530928
20200113_205743_resized.jpg
20200113_205743_resized.jpg (944.25 KiB) Viewed 2178 times
By texasvinyl
That's a very fair price for it, he should have asked more IMHO. So hard to find and great record, last year I would have maybe bought it!
By texasvinyl
Last year I sold a crapton of records and had a little war chest to buy some toys :)

This year not so much! Although I did a fire sale this past week to raise enough funds to bid on one very special record. You probably saw it, i would guess haha
By texasvinyl
I don't know that one. Chilean? I grabbed the sorgini, I thought it would get bid way up over my budget. I was surprised no one else bid at the end, so my war chest was enough

I think a good trade. Sold enough VGM bootleggy doubles and C tier library to pay the sorgini and a big Dr bill so I'm calling it a win!
By milliondollars
ah, now i understand. i thought we were talking about discogs. good to hear you got the Sorgini. i don't even want to know what your highest bid was, haha! good price compared to what it went for in 2018. i guess the timing for buying was just right as most people still stuck to their new years resolutions such as spending less money on vinyl, haha!

speaking of ebay. did anyone else see this recent Tropicals auction? warped record, disastrous cover condition (see the picture of the rear) and i bet this thing smells like a open air pet cemetery...but still selling for more than $430. wow!

if anyoe is interested, i might be willing to part with my extra copy, the turkish pressing that is equally good if not even better than the original Jump issue. selling it for a much better price. PM me if you want!

tropicals.jpg
tropicals.jpg (22.88 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
By milliondollars
cheap but solid old school groover. really like this one and the cover is so funny. love how the youtube uploader is calling this library crime funk, as i could not put it better. Progetto Europa is something that many people have concerns nowadays, including me. but i will stop as i am getting too political now...

happy weekend to all of you!

https://www.discogs.com/Gianni-Fallabri ... se/4742369
20200115_175949_resized.jpg
20200115_175949_resized.jpg (944.9 KiB) Viewed 2080 times
By texasvinyl
I'm so glad they sorted out the rights to the SR logo. That was an extra challenge on this project.

Lorenzo found an old clip with an Open Air Parade song. His reissue is the more accurate one as it matched the pitch of the old clip perfectly. I now believe the original pressing is actually cut very slightly slower than intended.

This one is lovely. Alessandro & Giulia Alessandroni with de Filippi. The more I obsess about Alessandro the more I'm convinced Giulia was perhaps the one responsible for his signature melodies. And also she probably sings on a ton of records that I used to assume was Edda Dell'Orso.

Anyway this is solid Alessandroni stuff with a couple of quite excellent tracks. And it is far cheaper than other Alessandro originals plus the cover is super heavy glossy cardboard
By texasvinyl
I'd been watching a copy from Japan and snagged it on a price drop. I think it was something like 15,000 yen. no reissue of this one yet
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:26 pm I'd been watching a copy from Japan and snagged it on a price drop. I think it was something like 15,000 yen. no reissue of this one yet
I'm listening to a rip on youtube and really enjoying it. I'll have to keep an eye for a copy. Thanks for the heads up on the album.
By milliondollars
this Jacky Giordano related record is wild and for me it is the (unintentional) french answer to the Klaus Weiss' Time Signals, possibly made in the same year. even if the year is not stated anywhere on the original Musax issue, i bet this is from 1978 also. it is really very similar to it reagarding the style with little less cues but longer ones which is really welcome. the compositions are credited to Jacky Giordano but the main instrumentalist behind these seems to be a (quite unknown) guy called Patrick Petitbon, it this is his real name, which i think it's not. heavy freak-out drum rhythm patterns that get you out of bed or even a coma...

https://www.discogs.com/Gruppo-Sound-Pe ... se/7781202
20200121_070105_resized.jpg
20200121_070105_resized.jpg (859.08 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
http://soundcloud.com/dj-el-topo-1/percussioni-e-atmosfere
By texasvinyl
Nice one, never seen the canopo version!

Got a new one in the mail today. I think the drummer signed the back,Adriano Valeri?. Don't know the label well, I think the only other E.M.R. is the Bronte soundtrack by Macchi.

By milliondollars
like that William Antonini and Omicron is my jam. incredibly catchy.

the E.M.R. label is an obscure one and many releases are unknown still. i only have this Antonini and the Brugnolini written EMR-06, which i think is really really good. there is also another Macchi soundtrack record on that label, that is not even on discogs yet (E.M.R. 08). for the best available information on this (or any other) label look up the label section on the Library Music Themes forum. you won't find better information anywhere for sure...
By thewaystation
Amazing info, yet again. I find the title of that other Macchi soundtrack extremely promising. Do you have it, @million? Curious to hear what you think.