Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship

Gianni Ferrio - La Morte Accarezza a mezzanotte (death walks At midnight)
By deafmetal
A veritable smorgasbord of Fulci delights (and the best cover art so far this year?).

Tantalizing track teases from grand maestros Morricone/Frizzi/De Masi/Rizzati along with OST's Demonia by Giovanni Cristani and The Door To Silence by Franco Piana. Although most of you likely already have many of the full albums from those four maestros, it's worth picking up if only for the two Frizzi gems cut from Manhattan Baby (IMHO) ;) -- but the compilation also has the first vinyl issues of the Cristiani and Piana OST's. I'm partial to the Piana score, as it fits quite well with the vibe of De Masi's New York Ripper, which is another personal favorite. Also, as always, insightful liner notes from Stephen Thrower. I need to check out his Fulci book Beyond Terror.
By soundtracks of fear
@deaf I agree probably the best album art this year. It's definitely worth getting, there's plenty of varied material on there and a good long player, not always my first choice but always thoroughly enjoyable.
By soundtracks of fear

Think I actually put this down as album of the year, last year.
So, I dived in for The Pussycat Syndrome (sex fever part 2) ummmh side one is great, side 2 is really really bad, but hey on the plus side I did get a new blue ladyfinger to play with :)
By deafmetal
@Dagar - Blue Velvet is mesmerizing.
By deafmetal
My vacation starts now.

By NathanLurker
^ two great zombie films/soundtracks right there Deaf. Good Spinning.

I think Day of the Dead is essential. I like the soundtrack better than Goblin's Dawn. ( I do prefer the movie Dawn over Day though. But not by much)
By deafmetal
@Nathan - I am of the same opinion on Dawn/Day, both the film and scores. I was actually just digging around for my copy of Goblin's Dawn of the Dead, but couldn't find it. Never fear though, as my favorite employee in the world (the USPS delivery driver) just dropped this monster compilation off to help kick off my vacation:

The synth-based reworkings of the Jaws/Exorcist themes are fluff (I wonder who involved with Cinevox did those, Goblin?), but spot the full tracklisting!

John Williams - Jaws
Goblin - Buio Omega
Magnetic System - Godzilla (THE reason I wanted this LP, I am obsessed.)
Goblin - Connexion
Ennio Morricone - Piume Di Cristallo
Mike Oldfield - L'Esorcista
Goblin - Zombi
Goblin - Patrick
Bixio/Frizzi/Tempera - 7 Note (!)
Libra - Shock (glad to have this track on vinyl as well)
By bpwlogan
VZ-drops the holy grail. What a cool record!
By deafmetal
@static & @VZ - Killer albums!
By Volzom Zofbie
The funny part is that I couldn't care less about CDs or limited shit when I bought this back in '92. I didn't own a CD-player at that time, but was absolutely in love with TP - or anything David Lynch had done for that matter. I didn't know that the US had given up on CDs. I just walked into my local wax shop and got it.
It was decades later when I encountered this cool site (that night Waxwork released the bloody 13th!) that I realized this was the grail for some of you.
By NathanLurker

Even the less limited black vinyl colour-way of Mondo's "THE BEYOND" is selling for quite a large amount of cash. I'm sure a lot of people are happy for Death Waltz upcoming re-issue.

Full disclosure : I'm going to double dip.
By Volzom Zofbie
^ Screw the color shit. Just give me that black 'Beyond' NOW!

Contact email is: jandy DOT rollo AT gmail DOT com
By NathanLurker
ahah ;)
I love the black vinyl too. But it's less limited, I would've expected the prices to be lower on the secondhand market. If I ever part with it, I'll let you know Volzom, for now I think I want to hold on to it.

I do have a promo Japanese pressing (no OBI) of The Shining though. It's another title you were looking for a copy of, yes ? I've been thinking of selling/trading it so I can get some of the new stuff that's coming out.
By bpwlogan
Pretty much a straight up metal album to start things off with one killer track(Man In The Box) better albums were on the way.

By DrRhythm
It's like The Clangers gone jazz - brilliant!!