Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By soundtracks of fear
Great job chaps, very cool you've met up and created this - listened to about half so far, and your knowledge is of course plentiful, personally I would like slightly longer sample tracks maybe? Nice touch that it ties in with Shipping Records. *edit* ;)
By EvanCampbell
Disco & TAG this was fun to listen...very cool for the forum I think! Love the accidental Midnight track :) Good stuff!
By deafmetal
I also enjoyed the first episode of the Damn Fine Podcast. Great information provided, and quality selections throughout.
By chiefbrody
Congrats on the first episode guys. I thought the format of discussing new stuff, older stuff and upcoming releases was a good idea.

You might need to make it shorter though - there are now 3 or 4 MORE releases I feel like I need to be getting after hearing you discuss them - that's the last thing I (or my wallet) need - and that's just from one episode!

Well done.
By DISCOSUCKS...
^ Thank you chaps for the much appreciated listens and feedback. As something we're doing purely for fun (even if being recorded speaking is kinda my worst nightmare!) it's great that you guys are so supportive of what we're doing.

@chief - sorry about that! Our enthusiasm runs in all directions when left unchecked! That's pretty much the story of my interaction with this forum though - you guys have such broad interest and passion that I'm constantly being nudged towards new stuff that had passed me by ;)

Ep.2 is already looking rather exciting - and we have our first special guest in a few weeks time!
By tonyandrewgiles
Just to give you guys the heads up on what's coming soon to the DFP.

We've got 3 label heads & a band I know a lot of you really dig judging by the posts on the board, all coming on to discuss soundtracks/movies and how they came to do what they do.

I seriously can't thank you enough for all your kind words and listens :)
By philball1974
Cracking stuff guys. my guess would be Spencer and PCA!?

For me id love to hear a section on essential older stuff that is cheap on discogs or something like that.

Have definately subscribed.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Believe it or not, there's actually a clue to our first guest in the last line of my previous post!
By tonyandrewgiles
@disco - ahhhhh you sneaky devil ;)
By static14
@Disco Morris Day?! :)
By MODAREC
Great work guys, listened to half and will finish it tomorrow on my morning commute to work. Hopefully the first of many episodes.
By linus
Excellent stuff chaps.
By chuck
A very very enjoyable listen. You've made a shit ton of ironing a pleasurable experience. Thankyou fellas. Very much looking forward to the next episode.

I'm off to listen to dead man bones!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Haha.....oh God I wish!

"I wanna see some asses wiggling....I want some perfection!"
By soundtracks of fear
Yeah, never heard of Dead man's bones sounds pretty cool, not a fan of It Follows though, was really really looking forward to it and felt the buzz but left some what underwhelmed by the end.The music was as Tony said took on a life of it's own guiding the movie a bit, but I didn't realise the director was so young in the film world. That is actually a great start and sure he has great things ahead of him. TAG you need some more copies of the soundtrack! :)
By tonyandrewgiles
@Dagar - I'm working on getting some more buddy, I had such a demand for it I ended up selling the extra one I had aside for me!
By sonnydexter
Damn Fine indeed fella's!

A true listening pleasure for my ears ... interesting, informative (maybe a little too much info with regards the Spandau admission!) took me back way back ... Demon Seed!, and you have introduced me to new things to spend my pennies on ...damn you both!

Keep em' coming! ;)
By jgibbs4053
just listened to the podcast. Great job! looking forward to future releases
By StrangeVices
Finally got a chance to listen to this now. Awesome job guys! Can't wait for the next episodes.
By tonyandrewgiles
Thanks again to all of you, we're closing in on 300 listens which I'm still struggling to believe.

We're back in the studio tomorrow to start work on episode 2 & will have something tasty for you next Friday :)
By StrangeVices
Ya know @TAG, if I didn't know I was listening to you, I would have thought it was Tom Hardy haha. :)
By tonyandrewgiles
@Tigerlab - Hahaha that's a first!

I must just have one of those voices that sounds familiar ;)
By thedeepness
Just got a chance to listen, NICE JOB! It is interesting to put a voice with a screen name. Look forward to #2. I think the length was just about right, I wouldn't go any longer. Totally agree with your sentiments about this message board, such a cool place we have here.
By freshoj
dittos! ^