Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:@mateo - Leok Dimmer?
By chiefbrody
Hey ScoJo, what are the chance of an end-of-year special? I'd be interested to hear you guys' thoughts on what stood out over the 40-odd episodes you guys must have done this year.
By ScoJo
@chief -

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Yes we're actually convening at Solatron tomorrow to record our end-of-year roundup (THE GODDAM LISTS!!) and record the final episode of Vinyl Score (with yrs truly!)

There'll also be an emotional announcement or two - (>snif<)
By chiefbrody
I don't like the implications of those announcements! I'll prepare for the worst, hope for the best! Lists are both an unavoidable facet of being passionate about music in particular, but it feels like a major challenge sometimes, I know. Looking forward to at least one more episode of the DFC. Cheers, ScoJo.
By ScoJo
Coming tomorrow on the Damn Fine Network - Pt.1 of the DFC 2016 Vinyl OST Roundup!

This week we're tackling new releases, next week is our top ten re-issues.

All wax, all the time. The DFC. You know you want it.
0d83bace1d24eb868484f1d99fdfd800.jpg
0d83bace1d24eb868484f1d99fdfd800.jpg (55.57 KiB) Viewed 5605 times
By Bezulsqy
Loved listening to episode #65
You guys really sounded like you were having fun. It truly would be a shame if you would stop doing a podcast together.

I am not going to post the list of releases that made your best of lists. People can find out by checking out this episode themselves.
I have a couple of them and do agree with most. One of your picks will land on my doorstep today. I bought it before listening to this episode but thanks to you playing it on a previous one. And thanks to HHV.de discount ;-)

Looking forward to next episode. I think I bought more re-issues this year than previously unreleased stuff. But I need to check and make my own top whatever of 2016.
The year started slowly release wise, but the last couple of months were insane.
By thewaystation
Just finished #66, great as always. Thank you, ScoJo, for two years of entertainment and knowledge! Ry Cooder special was a highlight for me, precisely because I hadn't been interested in him at all.
Here's to the new formats, then!
By Bezulsqy
Just finished this as well.
I have less releases from your top op 2016 then I expected...

And sad to hear you go. Much of the appeal of the DFC is in hearing you two together. But Scojo thanks for all the great stuff you let me listen to. And all the best to you and your next endeavours!
By Jimmy_Mike
Dudes, I sat down this morning with a cup of black and some ganj and opened up this wonderful board. THE HORROR!! I've listened to every minute of the DFC, been there since the beginning. This is shit news. I'm listening to #65 now. Love this podcast.
By ScoJo
@Jimmy - do not despair Duder, the DFC abides! You're still in safe hands with TG and he'll continue to grow and expand the scope of the DFN if I know him at all ;)

Seriously thanks for sticking with us though man. Now.....

shut the fuck up, Donnie.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:Just finished this as well.
I have less releases from your top op 2016 then I expected...

And sad to hear you go. Much of the appeal of the DFC is in hearing you two together. But Scojo thanks for all the great stuff you let me listen to. And all the best to you and your next endeavours!
Dank u wel, Ben!
By skeletonbutt
Sad to hear you won't be a regular guest anymore ScoJo, but hopefully you will pop in occasionally. Would be cool if TG could get Rob G. to take over, or a different guest each week to (attempt to) fill your shoes. Thanks for all the episodes you did do!
By Spun out of control
Also sorry to see @ScoJo step back - agree with @bez that it was the interplay & banter that made the DFC stand out, as well as the passion and knowledge displayed.... was good to see it take off and evolve from discussion on these pages... but respect any decision obviously, must be hard work pumping out new episodes week after week!

Thanks for the support guys and look forward to listening to whatever either Tony or Scott come up with next, whether that means more podcasts for the former, or musical stuff for the latter ;)
By ChrisMcQueen007
Agree with Skelotonbutt and Spun out of control - and everybode else from above.

Some biiig shoes to fill... Would be great if ScoJo could be a (regular) guest on future episodes.
By ScoJo
Jimmy_Mike wrote:@scojo - On the Cooder side: my daughter's name is Ryland. Cheers.
That's...seriously rad JM!
By Jimmy_Mike
@scojo - I finished #66 last night. Great run, dude. As usual with the internet, I shoot off too quickly. I thought the whole thing was done. Stoked to hear TG will still bring the MIND BLOWING tunes, but you will be sorely missed.