Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By vi_resmusic
Spun out of control wrote:You guys should keep the video thing annually to Halloween perhaps - and get the Horrormaster on the next one, as he'll be over here anyway... sure he has nothing better to do than chew the fat with you two :)

(in all seriousness, keep up the good work!)
I have recently contacted Carpenter's office "Storm King Productions" and so far they have been very friendly and helpful.
By Bezulsqy
Great show again. And a lot of nice pics this week. Where is your intro music from? I think I should know it, but I don't.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy!

Thanks buddy. The track is by yours truly, as are all of the DFC themes - but this one is actually kind of a cover version. It's a piece of score from an old TV movie, prize for anyone who can figure it out ;)
By ScoJo
In case any of you maniacs are interested.....

Our Phase 2 plans include becoming The Damn Fine Network - a channel dedicated to all shows that we're involved in, inc. The Damn Fine Cast, Milan Records Podcast and Lakeshore Records Podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/thedamnfinecast

On top of that, going forward we have some other things planned which you may enjoy, such as re-launching our popular Vinyl Score segment as a stand-alone show, where we'll be inviting guests on to play our soundtrack quiz.

And lastly (phew)....we are also launching a video platform for any and all visual content/vidcasts that we do.
(such as our Halloween Spooktacular last year)
To celebrate this, we asked the wonderful Repeated Viewing to provide us with music for our first Channel Bumper. Enjoy, like, subscribe, follow etc etc blah blah... ;)

https://vimeo.com/168459535
By J.R.
Just enjoyed the Lawrence R. Harvey episode: great job!

Went to my local record shop, Redeye in Sydney Australia, to grab their last copy of Dr Who and the Daleks/ Dalek Invasion 2150AD 2 disc set, but also walked out with Taxi Driver, Tourist Trap, Eye of Laura Mars and Ghostbusters, which I couldn't believe I didn't own!! I just like to thank you guys for stoking the belly-fire I have for soundtracks, and for a Damn Fine Podcast, which remains informative and entertaining.

I even ordered a copy of Harvey's Lovecraft disc, and the shop guy had never heard of it, so he ordered one as well!!!

Thanks again for a great show, guys, keep it up!
By Bezulsqy
Love those Vinyl Score episodes. But so damn hard :-)
During the first episode I had the answers somewhere in the back of my head, but just couldn't come up with the titles. Especially that second one!
And in episode 2 I loved the second to last bit. Did not even know the movie.
By tim28212
Vinyl Score 3:

I know a couple of them this week. Once Scott gave Maurice Jarre I knew Jacob's Ladder. I knew The Fly and The Burning right from their start. I had no idea about Possession or El Topo. I thought Possession was some Frizzi score at first and El Topo I just didn't know.
By chiefbrody
Good call on The Night Flier, TG.

Back when I was sitting my finals, I used to rent a horror film to watch every night after studying. The Night Flier was the pick of the bunch (The Langoliers, another pick, was on the not-so-good list of King adaptations!).

I think I bought The Night Flier on DVD a few years ago out of pure nostalgia. I don't think I've seen it since the first time - it might be time to dig the DVD out for a second viewing.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:Listening to the DFC #57...

Slipmat please ;-)

(I am not on the twitters and what have you)
Hey Ben!

TG doesn't frequent here so much, but I'm pretty sure he has a couple of these left - drop him a line sir:

shippingrecordsonline (at) gmail (dot) com
By Mateo Sanboval
chiefbrody wrote:Good call on The Night Flier, TG.

Back when I was sitting my finals, I used to rent a horror film to watch every night after studying. The Night Flier was the pick of the bunch (The Langoliers, another pick, was on the not-so-good list of King adaptations!).

I think I bought The Night Flier on DVD a few years ago out of pure nostalgia. I don't think I've seen it since the first time - it might be time to dig the DVD out for a second viewing.
Night Flier is a fun movie. I haven't seen it since it came out on VHS. Time for a re-view.
By ScoJo
Hola amigos...

A crap load of good things happening on the Damn Fine Network going forward including TALKIN' TRAX, a new focused interview show featuring filmmakers, composers and beyond, as well as the Lakeshore Records Podcast, our standalone soundtrack quiz show VINYL SCORE and a whole lot more! (It's still basically TG talking hard and me trying to keep up, for the most part heh heh...)

https://soundcloud.com/thedamnfinecast
By ScoJo
On the next episode of the DFC, I'll be playing out some samples from the SNDTRK test pressing, courtesy of Disco Cinematic. And I gotta say...this thing is slammin'! I genuinely think it's gonna start some fires under your asses folks, the people you already know really deliver their A-game but there's also awesome sauce from some names that may be new to you.
CnuvYPsWIAAK1E4.jpg
CnuvYPsWIAAK1E4.jpg (53.77 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
By Bezulsqy
Very cool ScoJo.
By the way: loved the episode with Joe Renzetti. Great interview! And maybe a nice surprise/bomshell for the people who love his work. I think I have only seen Child's Play.