Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By zuko
Cheers for the link. Doubt it's a dig, probably just lazy writing/subbing. He seems like a chill guy anyway, but if JJ had beef with anyone it would stand be Refn rather than Martinez wouldn't it?
By Wes_2666
Well, from the article it's clear he is still friends with Refn. I believe Martinez doing the score was insisted on by the producers, not Refn. They wanted someone with more "experience."

He does seem chill but he's also very intelligent which is why I find it hard to believe he would make that error. And since the source is a site that exclusively writes about film you'd think they would have caught it. Towards the end they ask him about his favorite film score composers and Martinez isn't mentioned (while Carpenter is), which almost seems odd to me since they both are in the same synth-heavy realm. Who knows though.
By Hatter313
Spencer has this up for pre-order at transmission. anyone know where i can pre order this in the US, or should i go ahead and place the order with transmission?

Cheers,
By reddye6
I imagine it'll be up on the label site soon: http://italiansdoitbetter.bigcartel.com/

I've ordered from the label before and haven't had problems.
By monsterworship
I'n sure it will be available from the Italians Do It Better website. They don't do preorders so when it's done it will drop.
By Hatter313
great, thanks guys.
By uxipi
plus IDIB always give away extra goodies (stickers, posters, cds,..)!
By Dollarhyde
grab it straight from the idib store. Johnny won't put up a pre order but hopefully there will be plenty available at launch.
I will grab a copy from the idib store and I'm in the UK, they usually pack in some extra goodies and the prices are good.

By fluppeco
any news? seems it has been pushed back a couple of times.
By Dollarhyde
I expect it will drop before the end of the year. They have released the first track from the lp as a postcard 7" already.
By danwh1tepony
I ordered it through Norman records in the UK and they say it is now due in on November 6th. Hopefully there are no more delays.
By Keyser
IDIB posted on Facebook that they finally got clearance for the artwork, and that we'd understand 'why'. I just want it now, haha.
By deathwaltz
Few things held this up but finally all clear now (wasn't the usual pressing plant issues either ) But glad this is finally coming , now if they could just get the Chromatics album out the promised back in Feb I'd be a happy camper.
By Hatter313
Sweet. I need to watch the movie again. It had a lot of heart and some really awesome potential, and I hope Gosling isn't discouraged as a director that it didn't fare too well, because i think he has a cool eye and could turn out some really interesting and awesome films form the side of the business.

The Score and music selections on the other hand are out of this world, haunting and incredible.
By Hatter313
I check the label's site every day. plenty of represses for his back catalogue, maybe some other problems keep holding this and the new chromatics up?

I feel like Spencer mentioned something a while back about it not being the usual pressing plant delays, assume he got that info from Jewel direct.

fingers crossed it happens soon. need it for the summer, perfect hot weather OST