Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By The Cult Leader
Does anybody know if this has U.S. distribution yet?
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Not sure about US dietro.new on vinyl ships worldwide if want to spend some more cash
By RandomHajile
Music on Vinyl Interstellar listing

They put up a good deal of info on their site. 2 LP pressing, and the track listing is a combination of the original release and a handful of tracks plucked from the extended "Illuminated Star Projection Edition." This includes the track "No Time For Caution" from the docking scene which many griped about it's exclusion from the original release. Release date is March 16th.
By filmsonwax
This release is excellent. Track listing is great and it sounds beautiful - top marks.

Still think the score is the best thing Zimmer has ever done by a country mile.
By deafmetal
@Cult - I have a preorder and a prayer in at Amazon.
By deafmetal
Amazon.com failed to get stock in today by their "release date". The album is selling on ebay in the $40-$50 USD range. Not sure what the repress will do to the price. I have not seen any US distros so far.
By lazyben
If you search on amazon there appears to be a US release on watertower imminent. I'm currently debating whether to wait for this or buy a MOV version.
By deafmetal
@lazyben - Interesting, thank you for pointing that out. I wonder if there are any differences between the two pressings?
By lazyben
That's what I don't know. If it's the same pressing then it's a no-brainer. MOV pressings are reliably good in my experience, I've heard negative mutterings about watertower but barely have anything by them so don't have much to go on there.
By horseloverphat
DISCOSUCKS... wrote:Spinners,

It's obviously too soon to really state this with complete sincerity, but my initial reaction is:

The score is a masterpiece.

As with Inception, themes, ambience and specific sounds from the soundtrack (and how it plays off the imagery of the film) are following me around days afterwards, haunting me.

I'm under it's spell right now but my instinct tells me it's right up there with his very best, and I can't wait to experience it stand-alone to see how it plays.

Anyone else have thoughts?
My only thought...after having viewed the film (within the last month, am late to the party) is that you couldn't have been more right, than you were in your original post.

This soundtrack (and film) literally 'transcends'...it really does. A remarkable work of art and one that hits me on an emotional level, more so than literally any other film.

The best film and soundtrack that I've watched and heard in decades (if not ever).
By horseloverphat
deafmetal wrote:Well said, @horseloverphat

I need to revisit both the film and the score again.
Go for it, you won't be disappointed. Historically, I've not really been much of a Zimmer cheerleader (which is probably sacrilege, around here) over the years, but this one stopped me in my tracks (ironically). Once it gets under your skin, there is no going back (imo). The majestic and cathedral-like quality of the soundtrack (coupled with the imagery) is incredible to behold.

This film/soundtrack is the stuff of legend, if it's not already, it soon will.
By texasvinyl
I loved it in real 70mm imax when they brought in the special projection equipment and the gigantic film reels. It lost a lot of that magic in widescreen blu ray IMHO. I should have gone twice in theaters, doubt I'll ever get another chance to see the movie as intended.

When the frame opened up vertically in those imax sequences and zimmers score started to crescendo it was a really amazing experience, I can't remember a time when I got chills like that watching a movie.