Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By toosoonjunior
Seriously, I still can't get over that packaging! :)

This album will probably go down as my best buy of the year. Glad to hear it's now landing internationally!
By philball1974
Yeah mine came from Switzerland! I assume thats where the UPS Euro HQ is or something? Still glad to see there was no import charge. I'm pretty sure its about £150 before tax duty to the UK
By ambertiger
My copy arrived today(uk) although the carrier must have used the box as an umbrella as it fell apart in my hands, luckily the vinyl was okay
By skate
Seems they're all arriving in the UK now, as I received my copy today as well. I am somewhat disappointed they didn't chuck in copies of Inception and The Dark Knight too, by way of a thank you for my custom, but I guess on this occasion I'll have to make do.
By zuko
Me too. Can't believe this worked out!
By philball1974
Dont worry @simonsj we'll have a whip round for you as a way of saying thanks!!
By ninjaqutie
So happy for you all, yet so sad I missed out on this. :( I really hope they do a rerelease down the road. Wendy's stinks.
By reelybored
I actually dig the wendy carlos ost for Tron
By Whip Wilson
[quote=40543]Wendy’s stinks. [/quote]First, you are wrong. Second, what does Wendy Carlos have to do with the Tron Legacy score save for serving as one of Daft Punk's main influences in the composing of it?
By NathanLurker
Personnally, I never saw TRON. I heard Legacy's score when it was released, way before I blindly bought the Carlos' TRON recent 2LP release.

It's easy to see how someone who's really into the Daft Punk score would be underwhelmed by the original TRON score. It's very very different, I think Carlo's score is more eclectic, it's less focused, it's a bit dated,it's experimental and if one has no nostalgia factor for the original, it's a harder listen than Legacy.

By Dollarhyde
Have to say I was a bit underwhelmed with the tron legacy OST as a daft punk fan.

It's good but I was hoping for so much more when I heard they were doing the OST. Was hoping for something more electronic and 80's influenced than what to me was surprisingly generic.
By NathanLurker
that's interesting because, I'm not a Daft Punk fan, I'm underwhelmed by their regular stuff, but I find the legacy score to be excellent
By toosoonjunior
I am also not a big Daft Punk fan, partially because I've only heard what is played on the radio (I probably should dig a little deeper at some point), but to me, the Tron Legacy OST is greatness. I absolutely love it.
By philball1974
Daft Punk are awesome as long as you blank 'Human After All' from your consciousness!

I love the fact Random Access Memory was totally against expectations and is absolutely brilliant. There attention to detail is fascinating!

By renpen21
I love daft punk, best live act I've ever seen, got all there stuff and sorry Philball I love Human After All, Brainwasher is my favourite song to stick on the jukebox just to see people's reaction hahaha. I think the Tron Legacy soundtrack is some of the best stuff they've done. Genuinely love all there albums. Slightly off topic but seen today Alive 2007 is getting a vinyl release December as well.
By EdKings
Mine was delivered today! What a packaging, didn't expected it to be this big and perfect! Only downside... They put the record upside down! Going to unleash my anger on their facebook page! :(
By Spun out of control
'Ask for discount. Shipping is free...'

Sitting tight and waiting for another box of these to be found as missed out on this t'other week. I actually think the Social Network soundtrack released around the same time was a more satisfying listen as a standalone entity, but the DP soundtrack did taken Legacy to a higher level within the context of the film itself.
By BurningTapes
Hi,

How does everyones copy of this new found stock sound?

Mine seems to kind of plateau on the bottom end of heavier tracks like "End Of Line" and create a light warbling effect. Anyone else ever had this issue with anything? It could of course just be a bass heavy master perhaps but i've never had it on any other vinyl.
By tim28212
I'm excited so I wanted to share...

Yesterday afternoon I got a surprise email from My Play Direct

Hello Tim,

This is an update email regarding the private link for the TRON: Legacy Vinyl. We really apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

We have received information from our escalation team that you can now place a new order for the item through the link below.

LINK REMOVED

Please don't share the link to anyone as we have very limited stocks for the item.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Needless to say I was shocked but I followed the link and placed my order, using PayPal again, and crossed my fingers. The price was a bit more, $39.98 instead of $35.98 back in October. Shipping also increased so my cost was around $47. Not complaining!

Well, today, nearly 7 months later I finally got a shipping notice. :)

I hope @ghostfire got his email. I think he also had his order cancelled because of payment issues.
By philball1974
Tron. The release that just keeps on giving!

By NathanLurker
Nice for you Tim !47$ is still a good deal for Tron Legacy, and Yeah hopefull Ghostfire gets the same email.

it's great, man
By monsterworship
I am still looking for this so if anyone gets an offer or wants to share the link:) I'll gladly take it :)
By tim28212
also posted in the New releases heads-up thread

Tron Legacy is up for pre-order at Disney Music Emporium where most of us got our copy from last year. According to the site it ships on or before August 21, 2015

Tron Legacy
By studiord
My order was shipped on Wednesday and estimated delivery date is between 21st August to end of August.

Cannot wait !