Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Will do when I get a chance to spin em.
A bunch of the tracks from these tapes are on youtube, which persuaded me to purchase them. Had not heard of colin potter before.
By Spun out of control
This 'soundtrack inspired' cassette arrived the week before last, but just got my camera out for it now... worth every penny of the 6.66 Euros I paid.

You also get 8 tracks not on the Giallo Disco vinyl release. Nice driving music - also helped me to push through and get a deadline on a project completed thanks to the marching drums and synths...
By tonyandrewgiles
@spun - Didn't even know about this!

Tracked one down & ordered.

Thanks for posting :)

And just found out I grabbed the last one!
By Dollarhyde
Nice looks, there aren't enough cassette colorways:-D
By strictlywayward
HERE are some cassette colorways. No soundtracks yet, though.
By Spun out of control
I know this is a cassette thread, but someone should issue that Unit Black Flight in full on vinyl - enough tracks for a full album, rather than just the (admittedly great) EP that Giallo Disco put out...

@strictlywayward - cheers for the cassette colour ways link - had no idea people were putting so much effort into it, and some great examples:

By tonyandrewgiles
Agree 100% with @spun.

Giving this a listen now & it's superb.

By ghostfires
I definitely ordered, so I'm not knocking it - but doesn't it really sound like a less-prog focused Umberto album? The bass, drums, atmosphere - all sound just like the first Umberto record...just not as Goblin-influenced I would say.

No matter...sounds good, and I bet sounds damn good on the actual cassette so I'm all in! Thanks OWS!
By strictlywayward
I saw this email when it came in, but was up all night watching movies. Managed to get a copy from Bandcamp when I woke up, though. Cheers and thanks for spreading the good word!
By ghostfires
@repulsion - what is the tape on the right?
By repulsion
@ ghostfires
Eaten alive (tobe hooper)
By nrs24985
Are these the actual soundtracks? I thought TCM was never real easy as a soundtrack?
By Spun out of control
This inspired slice of 'imagined soundtrack' retro futurism just arrived at Spun Towers for its inaugural spin courtesy of the folks at OWS...

Playing this back on a 1980's Technics system for full muddy synth effect!
By maxlevel
Just got notified that the candyman phillp glass cassette has been sent out by Norman records. Excellent news!
By Spun out of control
Posted this over in the Top 10 vinyl OSTs of 2014 thread - but makes more sense to stick it here... this 'best of' list only my personal opinion of course

Top 10 soundtracks & soundscapes/music inspired by on cassette:

Tracks from the Trailer – Unit Black Flight
Surf Nazis Must Die
Cannibal Ferox
Visions of Dune – ZED
Dangerous Days – Perturbator
Wolf Cop
Who’s Out There – Pentagram Home Video
Evil Technology – VHS Glitch
Fore Hallowe’en – Various Artists/Folklore Tapes
Pilovoks Orthodox – Andy Votel & Doug Shipton
By toosoonjunior
Dangit! Missed out on this tape again. Was not meant to be, I guess.
By Oiche
The best of 2014's buys.