Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Glad to finally get this from the @OneWayStatic folk. Another excellent job, tho' worried which body part will drop off now it's out the bag...

That nice & low sequential number may however make up for the effects of the radioactive dosage.
Attachments
The Burning tape One Way Static copy.jpg
The Burning tape One Way Static copy.jpg (762.16 KiB) Viewed 6156 times
Image[/url]Cool to see this at a relatively local store. Though I've seen plenty of OWS and a couple of Strange Disc LPs in the wild, this is the first cassette of theirs I've run into. Cool stuff.
chiefbrody wrote:Was the cassette a Strange Discs or OWS release? I had it in my head that Slime and Shogun were OWS? Did they just distribute?
yeah OWS did the release and distro for the tapes.

Strange Disc did the slime city vinyl
Light In The Attic did the shogun vinyl
Mateo Sanboval wrote:That's a lot of past tense. Was ditching the cogs part of the OWS acquisition/merger announcement?
Hi @mateo - er no, or rather i don't know...just used that tense 'cos we were discussing past tapes (and, full disclosure, was half cut and half deaf last night having just got in from watching the four horsemen of the synth-apocalypse S U R V I V E in London)... don't have any intel on what the future holds.

Obviously I hope the tapes & the lurve continue. ;)
@mateo

I described S U R V I V E to the friend I went with as 'like a grunge Kraftwerk'... ;)

Shirts & baseball caps.... all four in a row pawing their machines & facing the audience like the German synth pioneers.

From what I could tell they played the latest album in more or less its entirety and none of the Stranger Things score/s.

With the four of them twiddling at least two machines each, sometimes three, it was a bit like watching a synth workshop. A very loud one at that. I awoke the next day with a slightly deafened ear.

On at 9.30pm in a blaze of dry ice and low-slung lighting so it shone directly in your face, off at 10.30pm sharp. No encore.

Keep 'em wanting more ;)

Interesting audience mix too.Lots of folks with interesting haircuts wearing black, and then a trio of young girls who seemed to have come for a bit of a boogie in front of us.

Any other STBC-ers see them on this UK tour?
Attachments
SURVIVE Village Underground.jpg
SURVIVE Village Underground.jpg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 5943 times
SURVIVE cassette tape live show.jpg
SURVIVE cassette tape live show.jpg (974.98 KiB) Viewed 5947 times
A trio of releases from Greek label, KinetiK. The Maiovvi brought me there, but after sampling their wares, I snapped up the John Avery and the Sava.Geo as well.
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Any of you rapscallions just scoop up a bushel of John Carpenter tapes?
Not I, what was the looted treasure?
I can't even talk about it.
Just finished listening to this -- I've owned it for a while but couldn't remember what it sounded like. Logan Seguin's "SS-VNTRX 34000." It's billed as a soundtrack, but I can't find a reference to a film. It's has synth work in it, but it's more like ambient industrial music -- kind of like calm Throbbing Gristle or early sci-fi electronics.
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (55.67 KiB) Viewed 5866 times