Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

monsterworship wrote:That hardware cassette is great. Was there a vinyl on varese also? Or just cd/cass
Just the CD/tape from what I have seen, but it's great because it has the small audio bits with Iggy Pop and Lemmy included, as well as the PiL and Ministry tracks. The first vinyl release seems to be the recent Simon Boswell curated album, which does not include any of that additional original material (but has it's own extra material of Boswell's instead).
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Does anybody know if there are more Leproto tapes in the pipeline. This is a very cool batch of tunes. Meanwhile, here's what came in today's post.
Those Sound of Fear tapes are cool... know they were released a while back - did you have to resort to Discogs or has someone re-issued the set? Never seen 'em for sale myself - cheers!

@Bezulsqy - great to see those tapes spinning on the deck of a fellow STBC-er, many thanks! :)
Spun out of control wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Those Sound of Fear tapes are cool... know they were released a while back - did you have to resort to Discogs or has someone re-issued the set? Never seen 'em for sale myself - cheers!
I went the Discogs route, Spun, but they were dirt cheap. $20 for the lot. They are pretty darn cool cassettes. Glad I finally got my grubby mitts on a set.
That is really cheap. I only have vol I and II. II is overmodulated and sound is a bit distorted at times, but nevertheless great releases. They never are for sale from someone in Europe, so I had to pay 20 for each tape to get them here :-)
Well, I just went back and looked and I fibbed a bit, albeit unintentionally. I paid roughly $26 for the batch. I'm listening to Vol 1 right now and so far so good. I will report back on the rest down the line
Spun out of control wrote: @Bezulsqy - great to see those tapes spinning on the deck of a fellow STBC-er, many thanks! :)
Thank you for the great service :-)

Can you tell anything about your first release? I saw that these are numbered as 2 and 3?
Bezulsqy wrote:
Spun out of control wrote: @Bezulsqy - great to see those tapes spinning on the deck of a fellow STBC-er, many thanks! :)
Thank you for the great service :-)

Can you tell anything about your first release? I saw that these are numbered as 2 and 3?
Hi @Bezulsqy

The vagaries of production times/suppliers meant that we received our third scheduled release (Steve Nolan's Sodium Party OST) first, so put that out, followed by Repeated Viewing (number 2 on the release schedule)...

No.1 is Bryce Miller who we're currently awaiting from our supplier. There are a handful of tracks on our Soundcloud here to enjoy while we wait:
https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol ... pths-album
A few scores/soundtracks from a recent eBay raid arrived this morning. I got them for $5 or less and, excepting a small crack in one case, they are NM at least. Trespass is an underrated actioner from the 1990s that had a fairly well received soundtrack, but a rarely seen (or cared about) score by Ry Cooder. Twin Peaks and Miller's Crossing are pretty self explanatory, but in brief, they rule. Beverly Hills Cop. Well we all know what this is. I love it. Great movie with a great soundtrack/score.
I also picked these up at a thrift shop yesterday. Two of my favorite bits of 90s AOR and still in the shrink for $1.25 a pop. I have Rhythm of the Saints on vinyl, but Elemental is an expensive get on LP so nice to have an analog version to play. I know not everyone here is intrerested in these, but much like Beverly Hills Cop I can't resist these 80s/90s soundtracks that I had on tape then. Nostalgia City, USA. Population: Me.
Bezulsqy wrote:Mateo, nice finds! And enjoy that Sodium Party. Besides the extremely cool shell its contents is amazing. Beautiful piece of music.
I'm thinking of getting a new walkman to listen to it on the go :-)
The Missus bought me a new in box Sony Sport Walkman for Xmas so I've been inspired to relive my not-so-glory days.
Latest batch o' tape.

Some sweet synth by DATAStream as recommended in this very thread many moons ago by one Mr. TooSoonJunior, esq.

A little summery, funky electronic pop by Childhood.

Ah, finally we reach the goods. A couple of scores to imagined films. Gavino Moretti on the left and a 2012 split release by Warning Light our very own Brother in Board, Repeated Viewing.
Mateo Sanboval wrote: The Missus bought me a new in box Sony Sport Walkman for Xmas so I've been inspired to relive my not-so-glory days.
Nice, that was the best portable cassette player that I ever owned. Wish I still had mine.
Hi folks,

I've been on a self-imposed hiatus for the past 6 months or so, but wanted to stop by and get a little sentimental with y'all. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you dig synthwave with a slow and sweet vibe, then you'll want to check this one out! Perturbator and Caprenter Brut, this is not! :)

Synth Love Affair Vol. 1

https://future80s.bandcamp.com/album/sy ... fair-vol-1
toosoonjunior wrote:Hi folks,

I've been on a self-imposed hiatus for the past 6 months or so, but wanted to stop by and get a little sentimental with y'all. This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you dig synthwave with a slow and sweet vibe, then you'll want to check this one out! Perturbator and Caprenter Brut, this is not! :)

Synth Love Affair Vol. 1

https://future80s.bandcamp.com/album/sy ... fair-vol-1
Oh, hey there fella. Welcome back! I'm streaming Synth Love Affair right now and it is sounding pretty darn good. $13 seems like a lot for a tape, but there must be close to ninety minutes of tunes on this thing.
Three most recent tape-only acquisitions....

The Leproto tape has already been discussed briefly on the boards - whether the 'Italian library soundtrack genius discovered in car boot sale' tale is true or just a clever/fun marketing ruse, the music stands up on its own ;)
Attachments
Stefano Leproto cassette tapes.jpg
Stefano Leproto cassette tapes.jpg (634.51 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
There is a Twitter account supposedly run by his family. I kind of hope this one is real, but it's becoming an increasingly common gimmick.