Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
Quite a few rad cassette tape releases lately.

I enjoy listening to a tape when my focus is elsewhere and I can't be fucked to flip a vinyl over. My Yamaha deck has auto a/b flip and repeat. Locked in!
By Spun out of control
First post I've seen featuring that Demons cassette @deaf... how is it?

Have it on order via OWS over here, who ain't too shabby on the tape releases themselves... looking forward to giving it an inaugural spin. ;)

In other news I'm going to travel back in time to 1973 and ask for this for my Christmas present for this (and any other) year:

Amazing!
By deafmetal
@Spun - The Night of the Demons tape sounds great. The album is an eclectic listen, and quite intense in parts. Bonus points for the extended sound fx tracks of lustily breathing demons.

Design/packaging is ace, and the new cover art is growing on me. I must admit being a bit obsessed with the original art/photography. Reversible jacket makes both choices possible.

PS - That Panny Exeter is a beast!
By rhos
Know nothing about the film but this is an excellent tape:

Infinite Scroll
By Spun out of control
Fellow tape heads might want to get wise to this...

Previewing tracks from our first two soundtrack-inspired releases from fledgling soundtrack scorers now on Soundcloud - first time on any physical format - full bells & whistles reveal soon.

Listen here:

[video]https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol[/video]

You can also keep abreast of updates on Twitter for now at @SpunOutSounds. Hope you enjoy!
Thought this thread had gone bye-bye - but now I've found it, just wanted to resurrect it to recommend a couple of current 'spins' which I have absolutely no connection to other than being a fan....

There was a cool recent release from Disko Nero/Gavino Morretti on tape:
https://diskonero.bandcamp.com

And also Pye Corner Audio snuck out a tape as Head Technician last week on Ecstatic label which I guess will be all sold out by now.
https://bleep.com/release/65062-head-technician-zones
Been a little while since this thread was resurrected.... but seems a fitting place to share first fruits of the soundtrack & soundtrack inspired label I've put together under my STBC moniker.

We'll have three tapes hopefully ready to go soon... but here's an initial look at how Mr Repeated Viewing's new Italian crime drama inspired 'Street Force' LP on tape is looking.

This is the 'blood on the streets' variant.

We'll be doing a worldwide limited edition of 60, hand customised and hand numbered. You can follow us on Twitter for announcements or keep an eye on STBC first for on sale announcements when we're ready to rock...!
Attachments
Street Force tape variant copy 2.jpg
Street Force tape variant copy 2.jpg (324.87 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Holy smokes, Spun! How cool is this? I just checked out Soundcloud and the cuts you have up there are fantastic! Looking forward to hearing more about these. Hopefully soon.
Cheers @deaf!

Sounds interesting @Vi-res - maybe we should team up, Marvel-stylee!

Will be adding samples of our third Spun Out Of Control artist and release at our Soundcloud page shortly (where you can also follow us). But in the meantime as @Mateo notes, Repeated Viewing and Bryce Miller 'bangers' are currently streaming:
https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol
So, for those kind souls who have been asking, we've settled on a release date of next Friday (12th) for our first available Spun Out Of Control tape release, composer Steve Nolan's score for the Irish independent movie 'Sodium Party' ... the film is pretty hard to classify (dark twisted fairytale meets psychological thriller would be close) but the score is sublime.

For fans of... Clint Mansell, Angelo Badalamenti, NIN, Vangelis... even hearing bit of Moby in there

Here's a couple more pics of the split colour cassette shell to get you in the mood.... plus listen in to the DFC this weekend (6th) to hear what ScoJo & TG made of it (I'm as in the dark as everyone else) ;)

Graphic design & layout by Eric Adrian Lee!
Attachments
Sodium Party Steve Nolan tape Spun Out Of Control.jpg
Sodium Party Steve Nolan tape Spun Out Of Control.jpg (402.58 KiB) Viewed 5378 times
Sodium Party split colour cassette.jpg
Sodium Party split colour cassette.jpg (776.74 KiB) Viewed 5378 times
Does anybody know if there are more Leproto tapes in the pipeline. This is a very cool batch of tunes. Meanwhile, here's what came in today's post.