Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Garmonbozia
mine shipped from lita today!
By toosoonjunior
LITA still has b/w copies as well.
By tonyandrewgiles
Anyone ordering this from the store on Friday will have it on release day!

Both B/W Swirl & Black vinyl will be available but in very limited quantities.
By deafmetal
From the xlr8r article:

17. Do you have plans for any live performances of Lost Themes?

"We would love to play live! All you have to provide is a million dollars. Because it would be hard to [make it] sound like the album. You can't do it cheaply. There's a lot of instrumentation, and a lot of technical work. Or we could reinvent the album as rock & roll, and play it with a four- or five-piece group."

The mind reels. Spencer, please book JC to headline MondoCon or Beyond Fest. :D
By deafmetal
@spun - That is probably more the truth of it, but it's still a bucket list dream. I would love to be surprised.

More gushing: gave some digital files a listen on the commute into work and confirming the album is a MONSTER: some tunes with really driving bass, and deep sub bass in parts that had me totally in the rave zone. Then he will change it up with a lead synth line that is full-on old school Carpenter vibes and you feel yourself teleported through time.

Sacred Bones send the damn vinyl!
By Spun out of control
Indeed, still waiting to hear about shipping from Sacred Bones... so have also 'spun' the online preview a few times... first listen slightly in awe, second listen found it got a bit same-y and prog-y over 45 minutes and sort of washed over me, third listen starting to appreciate subtle nuances and liking it all over again... sure it will be another experience entirely on the vinyl.

Well worth people checking out the latest issue of The Wire magazine by the way which has an interview with Carpenter where they play him snatches from scores said to have been influenced by him and he passes comment - quite an insight
By DISCOSUCKS...
I have one word to say for now, after a single rapt, fascinating listen:

Goblin.

I've always known he is a big fan......

(((((wow))))))
By toosoonjunior
I still haven't listened to any samples. Complete blind buy for me. I'm waiting for the record.
By ghostfires
I've seen Carpenter speak twice in person, and both times at least 60% of his comments revolved around money, and getting paid. Not that there's anything wrong with it (though it did become a tad annoying since it was so repetitive), but I'm sure he's not kidding when he says he wants a million dollars minimum to play live. He seems pretty consumed with money, as he cited it as the main reason for doing almost all his films...a contractual agreement and the money.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I'm not suggesting he doesn't like getting paid @ghost, and I know exactly the kind of "repeated" comments you're referring to....but I really feel like that kind of talk (at conventions etc) is part of his public schtick. Those comments are, for me, put into perspective by his obvious love and dedication to filmmaking which comes across in the commentaries. He's also (seemingly against his wishes!) now treated as an elder statesman of horror+fantasy, a cult figure - and I always read those kinds of "money" comments as his way of saying to his more fevered fans "don't get carried away with this pedestal/genius stuff.....it's just my job!"

The recent interview by Rodriguez for his El Rey network definitely showed this I think, and that's bang up to date as regards the man's thoughts on his career so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyUwvNGsKV4

By Hatter313
got my shipping confirmation from Sacred Bones, and i'm a 45 minute subway ride away...so hopefully i'll be spinning this over the weekend!
By deafmetal
Well, I don't personally like every artist that I'm into, or agree with their beliefs, but I certainly did not think about money at all while listening to the album. Definitely some proggy vibes though, does this mean I'm getting old? :)
By Peek-a-boo
I emailed sounds of the universe to confirm the copy I'm getting & they are sending me out the black & white vinyl tomorrow.
By sirpsychoswayze
So I had an insanely busy couple of months and totally slept on this release. Anyone have a lead on where I could snag a variant for a decent price? I'm located in Canada so getting it from the Resident store kills me. Do you guys know if it's available anywhere else?
By soundtracks of fear
@sirpsycho yeah keep watching this forum, one of it's members @TAG is opening an online store tomorrow based in the u.k. He'll do his best by us, says he has some copies. I'm guessing you'll have to be quick though on that one!
By chiefbrody
@Captain_Cravat, thanks for the tip. I placed an order at Resident - I was concerned with my other order that they may have taken more orders than they would get in stock, so this was great news.

Now I'm just hoping for a dispatch note today and a wee early delivery tomorrow! I've avoided all previews, so really looking forward to hearing it - especially after the comments/reviews I've seen.
By tonyandrewgiles
We have one copy of the black/white split in store right now.

These are very limited & once they're gone they're gone :)
By Spun out of control
Very nice Carpenter article here where he sounds less curmudgeonly than he has in other write-ups...

ANOTHER CARPENTER MUSIC INTERVIEW

Hadn't realised that the deluxe version features some of the album tracks remixed by other artists like Blanck Mass, Zola Jesus etc... potentially interesting

Also heard this played loud out in the wild yesterday - could imagine how amazing it might sound in a concert venue if it were to ever happen
By Peek-a-boo
My copy arrived today!
By monsterworship
Peak-a-boo any issues with your b&w copy?

I am hearing some weird crackles and I cleaned it a few times.