Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By VinylFlipperUSA
I cannot wait to get the half-dozen I ordered.
By zuko
By freshoj
Lolz!

I sure hope you stick around @VinylFlipperUSA
By VinylFlipperUSA
[quote=48640]Lolz!

I sure hope you stick around @VinylFlipperUSA
[/quote]

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to participating.

Peace out.
By zuko
Disco, what's that from again, Don't Look Now?!
By DISCOSUCKS...
^ @zuko......haha! Yes, the director's cut with two solid hours of the two creepy old bags improvising trash talk at the camera!

It's from my favourite documentary ever.....Style Wars.
By Spun out of control
@nuthouse

Thanks for the link!

Wowsers... 10/10... sounds like your 'star' truly did burst..! ;)

Out of interest do you magazine types get sent the actual wax or digital files in advance for review?

Hoping for a shipping notice from Sacred Bones in due course.
By Peek-a-boo
I was well late pre-ordering this, but I've paid for a coloured vinyl copy from Sounds of the Universe. Looking forward to receiving this, just hope they're not as useless with preorders as recordstore.co.uk are...
By Peek-a-boo
@spunoutofcontrol they took my money for a really limited edition preorder & then emailed me after the record had been released to say they didn't have it & would refund me. Really poor!
By Spun out of control
Have had that experience elsewhere @peek-a-boo so it's not uncommon - and usually why I wait for items showing in stock before order. But then again I have also had the experience where a store got much less than it was supposed to be allocated, so all went to pre-orders leaving none for 'regular' customers.

Anyway, don't want to stray too much off topic... now to listen to that online preview of the Carpenter that @zuko posted! ;)
By chiefbrody
[quote=48969]@spunoutofcontrol they took my money for a really limited edition preorder & then emailed me after the record had been released to say they didn’t have it & would refund me. Really poor![/quote]

This worries me a bit. I ordered the black/white on the day it went up, but that was an hour or 2 after it sold out at DW. I emailed them a week or so ago to confirm they were definitely getting enough stock in, as it was still available to pre-order. The response I got was basically just a confirmation of my order...

I've pre-ordered another copy elsewhere as I don't have much faith in that response. As soon as one gets shipped (assuming one will) I'll cancel the other.
By Jimmy_Mike
No worries guys, you can always pay triple from @VinylFlipperUSA
By deafmetal
I just could not resist, and I listened to the stream on npr.org. Bear with me while I gush for a minute:

I remember an email exchange with @disco a few months back where I asked if he had ever heard of JC performing live. Answer was no, but this album is now what I envision that to be. While listening, I was getting visions of a large warehouse rave or club night, where at the peak hour, JC appears on stage behind racks of analog synths and the magic pours out of the speaker stacks...

By Peek-a-boo
There are tracks on this release I honestly believe are up there with the greatest electronic music I've ever heard. i definitely prefer the earlier sounding electronic Carpenter to his later productions, but it's all good.

I don't know the back story of the music on this release & i'm hoping there are a load of sleeve notes with the LP.

Is this completely new to listeners, like 100% held back from the world, or can you find these tracks on bootlegs, etc?

John Carpenter is a genius in my eyes. What he spends a few days making, other producers will spend months or years making & not even get close...
By The Cult Leader
Have people started getting their shipping notifications from Sacred Bones yet?
By sonnydexter
Thanks for the heads-up Captain :)
By deafmetal
[quote=49141]I’d buy that for a dollar!!![/quote]

/thread
By deafmetal
Not yet, @Cult.