Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
[quote=51769]@mateo – how much was the special edition?[/quote]

I can't recall the exact figure at the moment, TAG. It's the wee hours in my corner and I'm two beers and a fourteen hour workday in. Roughly $10 more that the standard if memory serves. Maybe $30 all told?
By tonyandrewgiles
@mateo - sweet, thanks brother.

By Frizzle-Frizzi
@TAG

Was 55 dollars including shipment to europe
By tonyandrewgiles
@frizzle - thanks buddy.
By Occhionero
Mine too. 233/400. Unfortunately with a little damage on the upper surface of the sleeve. :-(
By monsterworship
My orange deluxe arrived today.

Both right side corners are dinged up.
By philball1974
Great to see all the different versions of this.

Musically its pretty good. Agree totally with all the prog talk, but i quite like that. Not what I thought it was going to be, but its been spun a few times and I've enjoyed them all.

By Peek-a-boo
I really like the Zola Jesus remix of 'night' the girl singing on it sounds just like Rihannah but I think it works.
By Whip Wilson
This is getting my full attention for the first time this afternoon. After a couple of spins, I think Vortex and Night are standing out the most. Abyss takes an unexpected turn and progs out pretty hard with a keyboard progression straight off of an early Dream Theater track. Good stuff all 'round.
By NathanLurker
I bought the regular edition this week, at the local store. I think my favorite might be "Wraith"
By Bub
Latest issue of Fangoria

INTERVIEW: JOHN CARPENTER As his first solo album arrives, we talk in depth with the Master of Horror about his music. Plus: “Lost Themes” reviewed.

Additional features...

INTERVIEW: RICHARD BAND His score for Dan O’Bannon’s second and last directorial venture deserves to be “Resurrected.”

INTERVIEW: CLINT MANSELL Darren Aronofsky’s singular, scary cinema wouldn’t be the same without this composer’s aural accompaniment.

By NMA
Finally...

By donkeylover
Zola Jesus is probably one of my favourite artists right now, I was delighted that she appeared on this album.
By Spun out of control
Can't believe there is anyone left on this board who doesn't have at least one version of this LP already... but should there be anyone needing this in their lives still, yet another variant is up for sale:

NEWBURY COMICS
By synthxanderharris
I know this is going to be kind of greeted unkindly but I got rid of my vinyl copy and got a CD copy instead if I ever want to jam it. I liked a couple of tracks but overall I wasn't really that into the record and it had too much cheesy guitar sounds for me. Sorry. I like the new remix release better than the original record, to be honest. And that's not to say that I think it's bad or anything but the more I listened to it, the more it made me want to drag out his older material. I hope he does another album, of course, he's still a bad ass.
By JurassicCarpenter
You know what synthx, I totally had the same initial reaction to the album. I absolutely adore the dread of his earlier synth work but when it comes to his guitar playing, John Carpenter loses me, it can be pretty wanky. When I first put on Lost Themes I was digging it until the guitar lines came in. They kind of ruin it for me, it makes it sound too Ghosts of Mars. I kind of wish I could hear the album without guitar, more droning. But the album is definitely still badass, and it really grew on me over time. That track "Night" is incredible.