Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Ok....listening to rebirth right now. Not satisfying my goblin craving so much, but it's hitting a few other unexpected pleasure points for me, sonically that is. My heavy prog days are a bit behind me in terms of listening taste, but this may cause a reservable. Very cool record
By dumaisaudio
Not sure where to post this. Claudio Simonetti is releasing a 40th Anniversary Edition of the Deep Red soundtrack, in several different packages. I'm a little unclear if the first part is just the original tracks or his version, but it looks like the originals.

Tracklisting:

A
Profondo Rosso
Death Dies
Mad Puppet
Deep Shadows

B
School at Night (live)
Mad Puppet (live)
Profonfo Rosso (live)
Death Dies (Simonetti Horror Project Version)
Profondo rosso (Rock Version)

http://www.rustblade.com/2015/claudio-s ... red-vinyl/
By maxvelvet
Well...Side A features the 4tx already released in the Horror Box (on the 10") and are re-recorded stuff with the new line-up. the other songs seems recent stuff (apart Death Dies which is surely old Simonetti solo stuff... )
By flapdoodle
I'll skip this Simonetti stuff. That 'horror box' wasn't very good.

I am also assuming that this album is the re-recordings from the Horror Box plus some other re-recordings and live tracks of his current band.

What with the utterly brilliant Goblin Rebirth and Four of a Kind albums I don't really need another half-baked album of re-recordings and bits and pieces dredged up from somewhere. Does Simonetti not do any new stuff any more? All he seems to do is release re-recordings.

By deafmetal
@flapdoodle - Agreed, I would rather see Simonetti truly embrace a synth/metal fusion and go that route rather than just continue to re-do the old Goblin tracks.

That said, I did see him perform with the reunited Goblin/Daemonia lineup in 2013 and it was one of the best shows I have ever attended. Really great energy going on that night.
By RUSTBLADE RECORDS

CLAUDIO SIMONETTI'S GOBLIN DEEP RED / PROFONDO ROSSO
CD / LP / LIMITED BOX / DELUXE BOX
ON PREORDER
www.rustblade.com

Coinciding with Profondo Rosso’s 40th anniversary, Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin celebrates this anniversary with a new version of the famous soundtrack. The incredible existential and atmospheric experience of Dario Argento‘s films comes from the merging of gorgeously crafted visuals with a soul tingling auditory experience. Once heard, Goblin’s scores are never quite forgotten.

Profondo Rosso is no exception, characterized by its synth heavy sound and chilling central theme. Along with Suspiria, Profondo Rosso is perhaps Argento’s most celebrated film and a classic of the giallo horror subgenre in its own right.

A surreal masterpiece from Dario Argento with a pounding score from cult prog rockers Goblin, Profondo Rosso ( Deep Red ) will leave you battered and breathless! An essential!

THIS IS A NEW VERSION OF THE SOUNDTRACK RECORDED IN 2015 FOR 40TH ANIVERSARY

TRACKING LIST
Profondo Rosso
Death Dies
Mad Puppet
Deep Shadows
School at Night (live)
Mad Puppet (live)
Profonfo Rosso (live)
Death Dies (Simonetti Horror Project Version)
Profondo rosso (Rock Version)
By dumaisaudio
@Rustblade - How about some clarification the content? Seems to be a little unclear as to what the first side of the record is, original or rerecorded versions.
By monsterworship
Seems pretty clear to me, rerecordee by simonetti.

THIS IS A NEW VERSION OF THE SOUNDTRACK RECORDED IN 2015 FOR 40TH ANIVERSARY
By cheddabrown
This is an easy pass for me. Already have 4 different 'Deep Red' LP's.
By RUSTBLADE RECORDS
Goblin - Claudio Simonetti's PROFONDO ROSSO / DEEP RED
40TH ANNIVERSARY NEW RECORDING 2015
LIMITED RED VINYL + POSTER
ORDER NOW www.rustblade.com
By DISCOSUCKS...
UK people!

So THIS is happening:

EVENT LINK

Disco will be there enjoying/reviewing the event for the Damn Fine Cast, if anyone is going please let me know and we'll try n hook up :)
By deafmetal
@disco - That looks like a really fun night out. Wish I could be there.