Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxvelvet
@chuck: no, but I really hope in future projects! ;)
By maxvelvet
Dunno where to post so I think here it's ok also for upcoming stuff from "Claudio Simonetti's GOBLIN". That's a news from few minutes ago! ;)

CLAUDIO SIMONETTI'S GOBLIN - "THE MURDER COLLECTION" LP
(The Greatest Goblin & Simonetti Hits - the 2014 "vintage" versions)
Claudio Simonetti - Bruno Previtali - Federico Amorosi - Titta Tani
(Cover art by Claudia Ducalia) - Available from March 2014
Deep Red © 2014 - Self Distribuzione (Italy)
By tonyandrewgiles
What @disco said.

This just makes me want to learn Italian.
By tonyandrewgiles
Can't wait to see New Goblin on Sunday :)
By Whip Wilson
So, Max, what does "2014 vintage versions" mean? I really liked the new recordings DW put out last year, but that was the original lineup no? Or at least the one we saw tour here Stateside? What does this incarnation sound like?
By Red Goblin
Claudio Simonetti's Goblin = Daemonia.
Claudio Simonetti, keyboards; Bruno Previtali, guitar; Federico Amorosi, bass; Titta Tani, drums.
By deathwaltz
I have to say that it is a real shame that they can't seem to put past differences aside and just reunite as one band. It's all very confusing now and is certainly watering down the b(r)and.....
By Whip Wilson
Amen to that, DW. I am curious as to how these are recordings will sound compared to both your release and the US tour as well. I'll probably hold off for the time being. And that cover is pretty sub par. Looks like a Full Moon DTV cover circa 2005.
By Red Goblin
It’s always the same story. In february 1975 Simonetti and Martino were also playing in another band while working on ‘Profondo rosso’ and they left Goblin before completing the recordings of the LP. When the other group disbanded Simonetti asked to come back with Goblin.
So nothing new under the sky. The only news is Simonetti’s use of the Goblin’s logo but they are definitely Daemonia not Goblin.
By Red Goblin
I believe that the songs on this LP will sound as the tracks in the 'Goblin Tour EP 2013' (and not as good as the original versions).
By dumaisaudio
Talk about confusion, I feel a little duped. Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin is at least straight forward that it's basically Daemonia. This whole Goblin Rebirth and Goblin thing is very confusing.

I saw that Goblin was doing a thing on PledgeMusic for a new record, called Four of a Kind. This is the line up that toured the USA with Zombi and later with Steve Moore playing keys. Now there's a record coming out on Relapse Records from Goblin Rebirth. Apparently this is Pignatelli and Marangolo with two other guys, but Pignatelli and Marangolo are also in the Goblin that are putting out Four of a Kind?! I ordered Goblin Rebirth thinking at the time it was the same thing as on PledgeMusic, but now I see that isn't the case. Not really sure I want it now, as it feels like it's just a cash grab at the Goblin name, whereas the PledgeMusic release seems more legit.

It's one thing to have these guys playing in different versions, but to have some guys playing in several incarnations of the same band at the same time is just weird. I enjoyed the Goblin/Zombi show I saw, but I'm not sure what to expect from these new albums.
By deathwaltz
The pledge music is the real deal .

I just secured an exclusive colour for mondo and transmission will be available very soon.
By Hatter313
Awesome News!
By dumaisaudio
Good to hear. I'll probably just keep my Goblin Rebirth copy sealed and trade it or something.
By flapdoodle
I received my copy of the Gold/Pink LP of Goblin Rebirth today in the UK.

It's pretty good. I think I prefer it to the 'Four of a Kind' album by Goblin.

There's a touch of King Crimson in some places. Downloaded the mp3 version as well, so I can listen to that at work tomorrow.
By flapdoodle
The Goblin Rebirth album was recorded a few years ago when Goblin split into 'New Goblin' and 'Goblin Rebirth' and they went through that confusing period with Simonetti back in New Goblin... Then Simonetti left and they renamed themselves as Goblin with Pignatelli rejoining. Both Goblins toured for a few years.

If you like Goblin, you should love the Rebirth album. It really quite good.

I'm not that keen on Simonetti's interpretation of Goblin.
By maxvelvet
@Spun: not yet.. I know that the book it's in translation, it's a very long process but it will be surely printed! ;)
By flapdoodle
Well Goblin were a Prog band, so it' s no surprise their offshoots sound proggy. :-)

Yes, it is quite proggy in places...

By flapdoodle
Has anyone received the 'Four of a kind' pledge vinyl yet?
By DISCOSUCKS...
I just finally caught up with a missing Goblin title, thanks to Shipping Records Summer sale I now have No Hon Sonno OST in my collection. And man, I gotta say - it's pretty freakin badass! I left it so long because I don't recall thinking that much of the film, past it's pretty good opening set piece on the train, and I also didn't recall the music that fondly beyond the opening theme. But actually it's all pretty solid, and I'm enjoying it a whole lot.

Now the only Goblin OST I'm missing on vinyl (I think) is Amo Non Amo - do you guys recommend that one? Is it a strong score by them, or just "interesting"?

By linus
@flapdoodle no sign of Four of a Kind pledge vinyl yet. Last I heard (a month or so ago) there was a problem with the test pressing but they'd sorted it an expected to ship soon.
By linus
Really digging both new Goblin records. Four of a Kind is a smidge more Gobliny and Rebirth is pretty progtastic.
By deathwaltz
rebirth is old.
Four of a kind shipped to Mondo and Transmission on friday

ltd edition of 500 on purple vinyl
400 to mondo
100 to transmission

on sale very soon.
By flapdoodle
I find it a bit odd that they decided to release Goblin Rebirth around the same time as Four of a Kind... Muddying the waters a bit, especially with Simonetti billing himself as Goblin. I wonder why it wasn't released a few years back? I'm glad it has come out, as I rather like it. Progtastic! Four of a kind is good, but I felt it was trying too hard to sound like Goblin.

If they're shipping Four of a Kind to you guys, then hopefully us pledgers will be getting it soon as well.

I have Amo Non Amo, but honestly can't remember much about it.

Bizarrely, my 6 year old son listened to Goblin on my iPod yesterday and really liked it!

Anyway, with news of Chris Squire's death I'm listening to YES now.