Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Red Goblin
Hello to all. I’m the author of ‘Goblin sette note in rosso’ a ‘monster book’ dedicated to the band Goblin and to the italian soundtracks. The volume is available only in italian but there are a lot of Goblin fans around the world and certainly also in this forum. So if you have questions regarding this band (history, records, best sounding vinyl) just ask me and I'll try to answer!
Fabio
By phantasm
How cool! I guess I will start? I love the EASY GOING stuff, and feel Simonetti essentially laid the groundwork for a lot of later dance and electronic music. For a guy who especially loves tracks like "Baby I Love You", what else could you point me towards in the G-school/family, and do you have information on the recording sessions, technically or anecdotally? Also: VERY interested in the studio-tech side of Goblin, such as recording tricks and equipment/instruments used. THANK YOU!
By Red Goblin

Thanks Phantasm,
if you like Easy Going and dance/electronic you should listen to the first Vivien Vee EP ‘Give me a break’, Capricorn (I need love, Capricorn), Craabs (Let’s go dancin’), David Zed, The Mask (more disco-rock), Kasso (Key west, Dig it, Running), School of love (That’s the way), Crazy Gang (Every Sunday, We are the Crazy Gang, Computerize, Sunshine shine), Fast Food Girls (Love is my mania). Also search for Walter Martino songs ‘What love can do’ (with a fantastic sinth solo), Garbage can and Turn it on.

I don’t have info about the tech side of Goblin (pedals, ampli, strings, etc). I have a list of instrumets the own(ed) and use(d) but not much more of what you can read on the album’s sleeve notes.
By albatard
KASSO IS SIMONETTI??
Holy sh*t!!!
I've always been a huge fan of the track One More Round, that's awesome!
Will have to check the other projects.

And man, you'll have to find a way to release that book in english!!!
By Red Goblin
Sure, Kasso (and Claude King) are two pseudonyms of Simonetti. Claudio has a great imagination for names. The English version of the book is at the top of my wish list but it is not an easy task, the book is massive, 450 pages that actually are 1000 ‘standard’ pages.
By albatard
Will have to check all of his projects for sure!

Can you tell me what is the lineup for "la via della drogua"? can't manage to find the information...

Thanks
By Red Goblin
'La via della droga' Goblin line-up : Claudio Simonetti (keyboards), Massimo Morante (guitar), Fabio Pignatelli (bass), Agostino Marangolo (drums).
By albatard
thanks...classic line-up!!
By albatard
I was just wondering something : why is the Tenebrae soundtrack not labelled as Goblin while some other soundtracks with only one member of the classic lineup (like La Chiesa for example) are labelled as Goblin?

By fluppeco
Ever considered doing a kickstarter to translate the book?
By maxvelvet
Guys, I received the book from Fabio (a monster book!) and it is absolutely jaw dropping! I know that he is working for an english pressing, so stay tuned! ;)

Over 400 pages in A4 format!!!

Check out his blog (it is also in english), he deserve support for his incredible work and passion! ;)

http://goblinsevennotesinred.blogspot.it/
By thedeepness
WOW. Can't wait for an english version. Looks awesome.
By Red Goblin
Following the depart from the band of Morante, Simonetti and Marangolo, Pignatelli has been the only one to have the rights to use the name Goblin. In 1982, Pignatelli with 'his' Goblin had released the album ‘Volo’ and Pignatelli opposed to publish Tenebre as Goblin, to keep separate the two projects. So a very Goblin LP was released under the name of ‘Simonetti Pignatelli Morante’ and a little goblinesque album under the name Goblin. After the reunion for Nonhosonno the moniker Goblin can be used only with the agreement of Simonetti, Pignatelli, Morante and Marangolo. That's why currently there are no Goblin but New Goblin and Goblin Rebirth.
By DISCOSUCKS...
How does one say "fuck me gently with a chainsaw!" in Italian??!

:-O
By albatard
Thanks for the answer Fabio...and yeah an english version of your book would be the best idea ever!
By maxvelvet
"fottimi delicatamente con una motosega!" :D
By albatard
Just listened to Cherry Five's album for the 1rst time, was really impressed by Pignatelli's bass lines...the album is quite good too!!
By deathwaltz
Maybe DW should move into publishing .....?
By maxvelvet
You said it... :D
By albatard
well...
By Red Goblin
Oh that would be great!!
By Red Goblin
The intro of 'The swan is a murderer part. 2' persuaded Dario Argento and Daria Nicolodi to assign to Goblin the 'Deep red' soundtrack.
By DISCOSUCKS...
hahahahaha..........

"Questo potrebbe essere molto utile! "

;)
By maxvelvet
If you say so ... I would not say never something like that... someone might take it seriously! Expecially in the south of Italy... :D :D :D
By chuck
Holy shit! Does this have anything to do with the MONSTER release you just tweeted about, Spence?!