Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Volzom Zofbie
love was never meant to be easy, amigo...
Cheers!
By layneharvey
ha! to add my 2 cents, i agree about the glow in the dark wax, but i didn't want to miss out on this and it was the first one i saw available. and let's be honest, the music/recording is 50+ years old, so it may suffer from sound quality issues anyways. i think i'll be happy with it regardless. i am with you all, though. i prefer my wax to sound nice, damn if it is colorful or not (but shit, sometimes they do look amazing as well!). have a good night, fellas!
By blue15

Coming from Mondo:

"Over a year in the making, we're beyond excited to announce our BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES vinyl box set with artwork by the incredible Phantom City Creative. Available for Pre-Order this November."

More details here.
By layneharvey
i have to say, i am very happy that i have no interest in batman: the animated series, because if i did, i would probably go broke buying this as soon as possible. :) looks pretty amazing.
By Hatter313
Unfortunately for me/my wallet...i am an enormous B:TAS fan...and have spent a lot of money trying to complete the 7" set from last year. (Still need Freeze of course...) Looks like I found this years big holiday gift :)
By texasvinyl
Looks like this Batman box will be $225. Holy cannoli Batman!

I am curious whether the Batman box discs are 8x full LP scores or if they are 12" singles rather than LPs. What's the total runtime of the 8 discs? It looks great, but that's a big spend! I feel for the Euro folks, that one will have to go usps priority international or UPS/FedEx, probably weighs at least 3 kg so probably $50-60 shipping. Does look mighty cool though.
By manuorru
[quote=75500]I feel for the Euro folks, that one will have to go usps priority international or UPS/FedEx, probably weighs at least 3 kg so probably $50-60 shipping. Does look mighty cool though.
[/quote]

Thanks for solidarity Tex! ;-) And consider Customs fees on top, certain for a large and heavy package like that...
By Pain_Bubbles
Shipping will be more than 50-60 to Europe, "The last of us" shipping was 60$, this will be close to 80-100$ more likely.
I own this on CD (assuming it's the Lalaland set on vinyl) and while it has some great music (Danny Elfman's Batman theme played on the Piano by Shirley Walker), it also has a lot of less inspired and frankly , annoying tracks on it. For me this music absolutely needs the conveniance of the "skip" button on my Cd player.

People who like this music should check out 'Mask of the Phantasm" it's shorter ,much more cohesive, and has a very famous keyboard player....
By Hatter313
@pain-bubbles
It's not exactly the same set as la la land, although there is overlap. those two sets from la la land have a bunch more episodes on them, where as this is a tighter selection IMO anyway.

I always liked Shirley Walker. her ability to carry Elfman's thematic work into the DCAU really held it all together for me, and i think the way she really set the tone for those cartoons helped solidify the retro-futurist/noir appeal of those early shows.

She was a also a great orchestrator as well as a composer. as much as the film itself may not be that great, her work with JC and AH on Escape from LA really elevates the themes the developed for the first one. its such a great score, but with three of the best film composers working on it, how could it not be.
By Vapormeyer
Posting here as away from PC and phone on the blink, apologies. Ltd edition poster of 100 up at rook films website:
By Vapormeyer
By Jay Shaw by the way.
By phantomnoir
New King Khan 7" recorded with Ian Svenonius which is the soundtrack to a documentary called "The Invaders".

By monsterworship
With tax Star Wars comes out to be $244. For 6 LPS that is ~$41 ea.
Even with free prime shipping. Maybe the price will change by Jan.
By Purplemule74

...Sodium Party soundtrack, available off of Bandcamp on October 1st:

SODIUM PARTY LINK
By hncreature
Damn! I was hoping for the video game soundtrack to this Journey...

By blue15
Intrada returns to vinyl with Richard Band's TROLL.

"Intrada comes full circle after 30 years, brings vinyl back in welcome fashion! With horror/fantasy film music on vinyl finding particular popularity, Intrada gives Richard Band score for 1986 Empire Pictures frightfest Troll a spin. Family film makers Charles & Albert Band produce, John Carl Beuchler directs, numerous familiar faces appear including Michael Moriarty (playing Harry Potter, Sr.), Noah Hathaway (playing Harry Potter, Jr.!), June Lockhart, Anne Lockhart, Sonny Bono, Shelley Hack, Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Richard Band scores for orchestra, chorus, produces his score not in the norm as series of short film cues but in then (and still) rare form of an extended five-movement "symphony". Lengthy sequences are cohesive, flavorful, playful, exciting, tuneful, intense... and more! Centerpiece is Band's "Cantos Profanae" featuring solo child's voice, large chorus intoning English, Italian, Latin text plus orchestra, all hurtling forward in lively, rhythmically dynamic fashion. Interesting composition device: Band creates considerable excitement, intensity not through dissonance but courtesy ever-increasing density in his orchestrations and harmonic vernacular which plays almost entirely in minor. Unique sound! Intrada 180 gram premium vinyl pressing packaged with deluxe (UV-coated) gatefold jacket, newly-commissioned artwork plus plethora of color stills inside. Musical contents identical to 2006 Intrada CD release. Orchestrations by Jack Smalley. Richard Band composes, conducts. Limited pressing of 500 copies!"

Order Here
By milliondollars
a great one in the (Dagored) pipeline:

Peppino De Luca ‎– La Ragazza Con La Pistola

followed closely by Metralleta Stein the probably coolest iron logo ever :)
By manuorru
Really interesting, but $55.49 shipped to Italy, I have to pass...