Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Oiche
I have three versions of Conan. An old favourite, its so damn good!
By blastman
Poledouris or Bates?
By texasvinyl
Basil Poledouris
By Oiche
Aah, was talking Poledouris. Am assuming Bates is being pressed then?
By Oiche
Great texas! Although relatively easy to find it always deserves to be pressed anew.
By tim28212
Modern Vinyl announces vinyl release

The Terminator
By reelybored
Music to my ears ^
By texasvinyl
Will be nice to have a proper release for this with more of the score and presumably without the songs which I could do without.
By Hatter313
And it's MILAN! Hell yeah they will knock it out of the park!
By deafmetal
Indeed, this was scooped directly from Milan on the Damn Fine Cast!

Brad Fiedel will be helping to release his definitive vision of the score from source material. Huge news.

By hncreature
Why a pass on a Full Moon release MW?
By sonnydexter
thanks for the heads up @layneharvey ... shipping prices to the UK are rather painless too! :)
By oaxaca
Above the UK customs limit though, risk of getting stung! Or are B&N good for marking their exports down on the packaging?
By Oiche
Also nabbed!
By texasvinyl
I don't understand why plants or labels even offer glow in the dark, it is a defective product. GITD jackets or center labels, go for it, but the GITD discs are novelties that look cool in the dark but are not for listening.
By Volzom Zofbie
^ Couldn't agree more. Records are for listening, not to be stared at.

You can worship your extreme limited coloured non-listenable LP put on display, but we grown ups actually listen to these discs.
My Wagonchrist ‎– London Is A Country is sad. The sickest beats ever, but it's all ruined by GID wax. And that was back in 1997! I thought they had learned something by now.

Music has the right to ... black wax.
By blastman
Speaking as someone who also bought the B&N GITD version, I just want to add something here. I know GITD records don't have a great reputation soundwise, but of the four different versions/sale methods announced for this record, this was the only one I could actually order from Europe (GoHastings don't ship outside the US and it wasn't available on the Newbury site). Choice is great...if you actually have one.
By Oiche
"You can worship your extreme limited coloured non-listenable LP put on display, but we grown ups actually listen to these discs"

A little harsh. I think we are all 'grown ups' here with eclectic and individual tastes in music.
By Volzom Zofbie
I'm sorry, but I have to contradict. ALL people on this cool site are not grown ups - or what ever you would feel like a suiting label.

It's actually not a question of age at all, I'm 50, and I'm sure there is a couple of youngersters who appreciate music to limited variants. It's a matter of if you really love and listen to the music or if you're more concerned about limited awesome-looking non-listenable records.

a) Do you like to listen to your new records?
b) Do you like to stare at your new records?
By Oiche
I take you're point but I think its a little black and white. I'm in it for the music first and foremost and I can vouch for Layne on that safely knowing him, but ascetic format and packaging is a bonus. If it detracts from the sound quality though, then obviously there is a problem.
By Volzom Zofbie
Layne? What does he have to do with this discussion? I thought it was about coloured wax vs black wax!?
And I kinda have some aversions about the black and white. I'm all hippie, you know, maybe a bit like a nazi hippie, like sweet old Nico, but still hippie.

Who cares? Just please ignore my stubbornness, and let's move on.

Until next time..

Black power!
By Oiche
I'll drink to that hombre.