Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By layneharvey
not sure how this wasn't on my radar, but spencer's transmission email had me looking to sacred bones website (since i am in the US) to find that john carpenter LOST THEMES REMIXED LP:

http://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/colle ... es-remixed

i grabbed the deluxe edition because, well, it sounds like it will be amazing. damn the extra tenner. limited to 350, so if the deluxe is your thing, get on it!
By Tron4Life
Varese Sarabande is going to release Johann Johannsson's score to Sicario on double vinyl. I can't post a link with mobile phone, but there is a listing over at Amazon.com
By Vapormeyer
This looks great from LITA, and the album has Pinball Number Count on it!
By thedeepness
@Vapormeyer. I thought it looked cool as well. I ordered it for my son
By Vapormeyer
@thedeepness it looks lovely doesn't it. It'll be my daughters first record.
By blue15
Two well known Henry Mancini titles getting the 45 rpm, 2-lp remastered reissues. Hatari is 33&1/3 remastered/1 lp:

PETER GUNN ($50.00) - Details

THE PINK PANTHER ($50.00) - Details

HATARI ($30.00) - Details

200-gram, mastered at Sterling Sound by Ryan Smith from the analog tapes. Plated and pressed by Quality Record Pressings. Deluxe "tip-on" gatefold jackets by Stoughton Printing. All three match the original releases in music tracks; Hatari had a complete mono CD release a few years back from Intrada.
By DISCOSUCKS...
If somebody wants to get me the Phil Collins “Take a Look at Me Now” deluxe box set….well, I’d probably come round to your place and give you a one-to-one performance of the “Sussudio” scene from American Psycho! (Y’know, kinda like Vincent Gallo’s ‘North by Northwest’ bit in Arizona Dream?)*

* Yes, I know it’s from ‘No Jacket Required’!
By texasvinyl
.....$50 pink panther...on a double? It's not even 30 minutes long. Madness. None of those need reissues, there are plenty in every bargain bin out there.
By Vapormeyer
Well said, sometimes I think stuff gets released because it can, rather than it should.
By Aremagod
$50 Pink Panther??? As much as I love that soundtrack I'll stick to my OG and the RSD pink version.

Edit: Now if it had Fran Jeffries singing Meglio Stasera I'd be pretty damn tempted.
By blastman
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that the Pink Panther re-issue as a double sounded ridiculous. It's short for a single vinyl.
By texasvinyl
The Vinyl Factory is releasing Gesaffelstein's soundtrack to 'Maryland'

It's going to be awesome

Product Details:

- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- 10 new compositions by Gesaffestein
- 3 classic Gesaffestein tracks
- Pressed on two 180gram heavyweight vinyl
- Screenprinted gold on black gatefold & inner sleeves
- Musical score art print on X-Ray paper
- Limited to 1000 copies worldwide

Having changed the face of electronic music with his hard-edged and uncompromising but brilliantly persuasive sound, Gesaffelstein returns with 10 original compositions created for the motion picture soundtrack of new thriller Maryland, which also comprises three classic tracks from his discography.

Pressed on double 180-gram heavyweight vinyl, housed in screen printed gatefold and inner sleeves with one of his musical scores printed on X-Ray paper, this beautiful vinyl edition is limited to 1000 copies.

Gesaffelstein is already an electronic music icon, having conquered dance floors and festivals across the world with the sound of his outstanding 2013 album Aleph, which also spawned two incredible music videos clocking up millions of views in the process.

Acclaimed at Cannes, and starring Diane Kruger and Mathieu Schoenaerts, Maryland is set to become a cult classic.

LINK

[video]https://youtu.be/DWA6Dp7jIS4[/video]
By phantomnoir
This is apparently being released on vinyl in late November:

By maxvelvet
Three new GDM coming soon:

Ennio Morricone - La vita, a volte, è molto dura, vero Provvidenza? (red vinyl) ltd 500 copies

Piero Piccioni - Amore mio aiutami (green vinyl) - ltd 500 copies

Ennio Morricone - La trappola scatta a Beirut (black vinyl EP 10’’) ltd 500 copies

;)
By texasvinyl
Not familiar with any of these three. Are they any good?
By tim28212
Richard Band's Puppet Master-The Music Collection

limited 1000

LINK
By danwh1tepony
Now this I want! Would love to get it but might wait to see if One Way Static or Transmission get it in for Europe/UK.
By monsterworship
a full moon release, yikes I'll pass.

I do love the puppet master theme though.
By NathanLurker

Universal Music is releasing "THE CROW". I didn't know this, but last year there was a unofficial release of this on vinyl, which is the first time it had been on vinyl. until now, with this official release. The cover is very comic book like. it's kind of "meh", that style, for that movie.

Microsoft is releasing HALO 5 on vinyl. Will have to check out a youtube video to preview it. Haven't played the game.

--

Also, Geffen Records are releasing the soundtrack to "DRAGON : THE BRUCE LEE STORY" and Music On Vinyl are releasing the soundtrack to "THE GIFT :

By NathanLurker
[quote=75028]I’m confused – are both Cometa and Roundtable releasing their own editions of Macchi’s Bioritmi or is Cometa just carrying the title in their store?<br>
http://www.cometaedizionimusicali.it/bioritmi.htm[/quote]

Same Catalog number as the Roundtable reissue. Cometa are probably just distributing the roundtable version
By manuorru
Me too I'm pretty sure they are distributing Roundtable version...
By texasvinyl
Conan The Barbarian OST is showing up in a couple places for pre-order. Label listed as Geffen.