Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By LoboLives
Hey guys, I was thinking about it and it seems we mainly focus on film scores from the 70s-80s....I think the Universal Horror and Hammer Horror flicks need some love and need to get released or re-released on vinyl.

Even some 1950s B-Movies would be great to have as well.

Even as 45s it would be fine if the films had a minimal soundtrack....for example Frankenstein 1931.
By monsterworship
Spencer hinted on some Hammer scores to be on the future list.
By 4000days
I completely agree - I love that stuff. I assume you've already got The Bride of Frankenstein? Another excellent recent reissue is El Vampiro/El Ataud Del Vampiro - a couple of late 50's/early 60's Mexican flicks. I would think that finding and securing the rights to these, along with getting a hold of the masters, is a much bigger chore for some of the 'classic' titles.
By LoboLives
Yup I have Bride Of Frankenstein. Well the reissue of El Vampiro/El Ataud Del Vampiro are just taken directly from the film so it includes all the voices. I don't want that.

I know Plan 9 From Outer Space was just recently re-released on CD with no dialogue and the original library tracks used! I want that baby on vinyl along with Frank Worth's score for Bride Of The Monster and Gordon Zahler's other great Ed Wood score for Night Of The Ghouls. Although both scores were probably just library music complied together (I actually have some 1940s-50s library cues that were used in Night Of The Living Dead, Hideous Sun Demon etc.)

Elmer Bernstein's score for Robot Monster is criminally under appreciated.

I know Ghost Of Frankenstein was released on vinyl (I own the soundtrack) but I would love to see The Wolf Man, House Of Frankenstein, Son Of Frankenstein etc.

I also have the original 45's of Abe Baker's The Web (Used in Brain That Wouldn't Die) and The Fortunes' Ghoul In School (used in the American cut of Werewolf In A Girl's Dormitory)
By deathwaltz
We have three Hammer titles in the works
By LoboLives
I hope they are the classic ones like Horror Of Dracula, The Mummy, Plague Of the Zombies...jeeze...all their soundtracks were really great weren't they? I have the compilation of their stuff.

Would Death Waltz ever do something like that in terms of a compilation? Be it for Hammer Films, Universal or even a compilation of one off tracks that were used in films (House By The Edge Of The Park's two songs, Last House On Dead End Street, Tombs Of The Blind Dead, Black Christmas etc..as they all have either one or two tracks repeated through the film)
By StrangeVices
I would throw up from overwhelming excitement if a Curse of the Werewolf was released.
By StrangeVices
I think a lot of people would be really excited to see a Dracula LP with a remastered Swan Lake. Also, like it was said above, The Wolf Man would be amazing, another undeniable classic theme. I wonder how difficult it would be to get your hands on those tapes.
By LoboLives
Well they have be re-recorded and place on CD before. So why not just transfer those tracks over to vinyl?