Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Re-animated Cat
For all the guys still looking for A Field in England...

Here's your chance to grab it at the bargain price of $999.99!

SUPER BARGAIN HURRY!
By bansel
For that price I think could buy an actual field in England
By Darren LD1984
@Re-animated No worries, buddy. I don't have the proper score myself (I have a digital copy, thanks to discosucks), but I think it's one of Carpenter's best

A great score to cycle at night to!
By unpopular_poet
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BOOGEY-MAN- ... 43c8f59138

Boogeyman Sealed...BIN $125...kind of tempting. I just can't justify it right now...I just am not sure it is worth that price. Plus, I really prefer opened records that are that old...sealed doesn't do much for me...it could be warped as hell and nobody would know...
By BasementHorror
Just a general eBay RSD heads up for US folks...

It looks like Jupiter Records is clearing out their RSD stuff by dropping the prices on their remaining stock until it sells. A lot of the choice stuff is gone (grabbed by yours truly), but what is left is at crazy low prices. I grabbed a copy of Finders Keepers Monster Skies comp earlier for $18. They have another copy, and it's down to $15 right now...

Monster Skies
By BasementHorror
If anyone out there is still looking for DW RSD titles, there are a few on discogs for $30 or less...

Bronx Warriors

Bronx Warriors (from a top notch seller!)

Bronx Warriors

Perfume of the Lady in Black

Or on ebay...

Perfume of the Lady in Black

Or if you need all 4, you might want to keep an eye on this...

All 4 DW RSD titles
By BasementHorror
And for Finders Keepers fans, Monster Skies for $11.97 on ebay...

Monster Skies
By hncreature
What is the Monster Skies Lp all about? I've tried to get some samples but can't find
By layneharvey
hey guys, i am liquidating my DVDs, big time, and CDs are next up. i have about 86 listings up on ebay right now with more to come once i get my CDs sorted, so if anyone is interested in checking them out, please do. my ebay username is wlharvey. there are some horror films in there on DVD and blu-ray, all at fair buy it now prices. thanks dudes! let me know if you have any questions.

and don't worry, i'm not depressed or anything. we have netflix and haven't pulled a DVD off the shelf in over a year, and we quit buying CDs ages ago, so time to clear out some space.
By tim28212
for those who missed Creepshow and don't want to pay the $50 on ebay or discogs, SoundStageDirect as well as ElusiveDisc both have the blue and green variants for $28.
By dumaisaudio
There is a recent repress of the Lost in Translation soundtrack on green vinyl on eBay for $29.99. The seller has a ton of them, as they put up 4 at a time and relisting when it's sold out. It's a Japanese bootleg pressing, not official (presumably the same people who are doing the double vinyl bootleg of Joy Division's Substance). I grabbed one at my local shop yesterday, the sleeve is good quality, and the vinyl is decent (there is some surface noise, but overall a good listen). It sure beats the $150-300 range for an original pressing!
By bansel
@dumaisaudio, I picked one of those up too from the seller on ebay, though mine was orange. He implied that it was a Japanese promo and that he acquired them from a defunct distributor. Definitely a boot.

That said, the quality is not bad, and I agree it beats the $300 price tag that the Emperor Norton version is fetching
By unpopular_poet
Just grabbed one of those Lost in Translation Boots...couldn't resist for $30...
By oaxaca
I had to get one too, could only find a blue version available for $30... Its probably my favourite film of all time and an incredible soundtrack! :D
By dumaisaudio
Looks like the seller has sold out of green and moved to blue. There was an orange version and a clear version. Kinda wish I had gotten clear, but my shop only had green. Either way, at this price, who really cares!
By oaxaca
Yeh they're probably selling like hotcakes at that price! The blue one I bought isn't listed on Discogs but I'll try to rectify that later.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Thanks to this thread and the generally positive review of the sound quality, this is on it's way to me too......went for an orange feller.....cheers! :)
By frost
I got my clear copy of Lost In Translation today and I have to say that the sound quality is fantastic, very close to the original and maybe just a tiny bit less dynamic but that can just be my imagination. The surface noise on is much less than on my original copy, which has a steady surface noise on side b.
I bought a used original copy last year including the promo 7" with Bill Murray's karaoke for 65 € shipped. The vinyl looks to have been played a lot but is still fine, so I wonder how other original copies sound. There was this listing on ebay where the seller elaborates on the noise problem (I always thought that I just had a worn out copy):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LOST-IN-TRANSLAT ... 5affea33ab

There is some difference in colours, the photos of the bootleg are a bit blurry and the type is bolder but the included printed insert is a really nice bonus.

There's already a yellow bootleg going for a lot on ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lost-In-Translat ... 338f982d33

Yes, I love this movie and the soundtrack. If you can still find a cheap copy of this you should definitely buy it.
By Bub
Here's a cool & unique item. It's a jukebox strip for Hot Ice "Theme from Friday the 13th Part 3"

Linky
By NathanLurker
edit: Monster got dibs on this one.
By monsterworship
Not a fan of this thread, especially when it calls attention to something I am watching or bidding on already because I put in the work :)
By NathanLurker
ah Well I'm not bidding on it I already have a different pressing of this one and don't need another. If you got dibs/shotgun on it I'll edit my post bro *high five*

Maybe heads up shouldn't be in bidding items to avoid a bidding war ? should we provide heads up only on buy it now items ?
By freshoj
"should we provide heads up only on buy it now items ?"

I think yes, unless we come up with some convoluted system to avoid forum members outbidding each other.
By Oiche
A sealed copy of The Beyond OST - Frizzi - Mondo EBAY £55 incl postage