Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
@elifunk, interesting. different experiences for me. Agreed I have always had to pay customs fees, but no differently than with most sellers outside discogs, or a proxy seller like buyee or jauce.

Maybe the choice of postage system or your country made it so expensive? I always go with EMS or SAL, NOT DHL anymore.

They have a great ordering system and on occasion they throw some really rare pieces up for sale for realistic prices, and I trust their quality control. Got so many complete, essentially mint records from them.

I will admit certain records are not so cheap from them anymore, there prices seem to have gone up a little overthe last couple of years.
By elifunk
yea @dollar, i never used DHL.
mandarake is the only online shop where i have to pay crazy fees 100% of times, regardless of the invoice value or the courier service.
many times it was a big temptation because, as you say, you can find records in perfect conditions for very cool prices.
but then those cool prices were ruined by fees. (40\50 euros always, usually custom fees are 16 euros here).

so i organized with a very kind japanese girl who buys for me (from mandarake and yahoo japan mainly), and then she ships as gift when some orders pile up.
a dirty trick that saved me money many times as you can guess ehehe
monsterworship wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:31 pm
deafmetal wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:48 am
tim28212 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:42 pm If anyone is interested in an original Varese Sarabande Halloween 4 this seller has 6 sealed copies (as of this posting) available

Halloween 4
$89 and with a hole-punched sleeve, ouch. Still tempting.

those are probably warped AF.
You can see in the one picture they are pretty warped.
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:24 am Music Direct is having a clearance sale and there are a few soundtracks at decent prices.

Music Direct
I spent way too much on records this week, there are some great deals in here that I'm going to miss out on. Any idea how long this is going on?

For anyone that has slept on ordering Hiroshi Yoshimura — Green, it is sold out through Amazon and LITA. More copies are coming in September/Oct. I just has my order pushed back from Amazon so I cancelled it. Dusty Groove has it for $24+ shipping and for our EU based friends Juno has copies but it says "low stock!". I'm annoyed that Amazon didn't get enough copies or any but I should have known better than to pre-order through them, it was just easier.
By inksb
All the time @dollarhyde, this week has been really bad for me. I have 3 records today that I want to order but can only get one and the other two are likely to sell out due to very limited quantities. Such is life of the collector.
By Hatter313
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 pm In the "Living Dead Weekend" Facebook group, someone is selling Night of the Living Dead VS Vinyl for 85 shipped. Couple corner dings, otherwise looks good.

https://i.imgur.com/Xxv0GQc.jpg
Excellent price for that, if you can...do it.
By ScoJo
I'm moving on five of Ryder Records very limited, unofficial pressings of cult scores to fund a fact-finding trip to Columbia.

Listed on the cogs just now, but feel free to reach out of you're interested/these are LPs you covet. Will also throw on fleabay soon too, etc etc, blah blah. Would rather they went to good peeps though.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/scooterboy1970/profile

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 3508 times

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:10 pm I'm moving on five of Ryder Records very limited, unofficial pressings of cult scores to fund a fact-finding trip to Columbia.

Listed on the cogs just now, but feel free to reach out of you're interested/these are LPs you covet. Will also throw on fleabay soon too, etc etc, blah blah. Would rather they went to good peeps though.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/scooterboy1970/profile

FullSizeRender.jpg

Did you actually already sell 3/5?
By 334578rpm
Note for note is selling their Blade Runner re-score for $9 (and you can add one of two additional albums for free).
Attachments
Screenshot_20200901-225001.png
Screenshot_20200901-225001.png (2.6 MiB) Viewed 3418 times