Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:35 pm Hm, it does look like I have led us astray, Bez, so apologies for that. Seems like a lot of effort to reproduce these sleeves for a few extra euros on top. I went straight for the wax and saw the vintage paper sleeve and assumed all was well. It was a second issue with the red label and looked just like dead stock, so I did not give the sleeve much thought (my bad). It is indeed bright white on the inside and does not smell vintage. It is a very close match to the original other than being slightly smaller along with the glossiness of the printing (original green label first press on top):

No worries @Deaf. Still glad to have it :-) I am going to post a comment on Discogs pointing this out.
By ChrisMcQueen007
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:28 am Pulsar: yes glossy. And very very thin no discernible spine.
Thanks for posting, Texas!

Very helpful as this is exactrly how mine looks - thin (almost flimsy) but nice and shiny. So the OG cover seems to be like this then. The seller prided himself of beeing in the business since 86' and that all his records are 100% original when I asked as I got a bit suspicious when I received it and the cover was in such a nice shape. I accepted that but got again suspicious after Bez' post and as I have received 1 counterfeit Italian score from a seller on discogs some months ago which I returned.
By ChrisMcQueen007
@Texas: It was Fidenco’s Emanuelle Perché Violenza Alle Donne?.

I reacted to the very muffled sound quality. I used to have an LP rip which was taken from an OG on my old computer so I knew that the record usually sounds fine. The shiny cover made me more suspicious. I don‘t want to hang out the seller here as I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He explained to me that he hadn’t play tested the LP (I hadn‘t asked which I normally do) and that he had never sold any OG Fidenco‘s before and had bought it from someone believing it was an OG.
By ScoJo
Anybody else have this WRWTFWW distributed LP?

MASAHIKO SATO - KAYOBI NO ONNA

This is my second copy that I'm returning, right away on Side A Track 1 there is weird distortion/crunching in the left channel, and bizarre 'thumping' in the right channel, as though they have overdriven the low end EQ/kick drum. It sounds terrible. As I've had two copies with the exact same issue now, I'm guessing it's a pressing fault. I'll give WRWTFWW a shout.

81jYCSbGqCL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
81jYCSbGqCL._AC_SL1200_.jpg (253.18 KiB) Viewed 4066 times

inksb wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:13 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:50 am https://www.juno.co.uk/products/samurai ... 747790-01/

Samurai Champloo 3LP. I know it's probably a boot, but good reviews and it's 3LP for 50 shipped to US. Gonna crosspost to the anime vinyl topic too.
Sold out already :(

Probably the same company that has been repressing the Cowboy Bebop boot.
Damn, that was quick. I think so. Even though Milan Records is supposed to be doing a Bebop release. I'd probably still buy the boot as well. But it hasn't been restocked in 3 months.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 pm Anybody else have this WRWTFWW distributed LP?

This is my second copy that I'm returning, right away on Side A Track 1 there is weird distortion/crunching in the left channel, and bizarre 'thumping' in the right channel, as though they have overdriven the low end EQ/kick drum. It sounds terrible. As I've had two copies with the exact same issue now, I'm guessing it's a pressing fault. I'll give WRWTFWW a shout.

At least you can get your copies....

I've been getting the run around from them and it's pissing me off. They still haven't shipped Golden Dog or this LP to me. I'm going to be ever more pissed off if it's a defective pressing.
By ScoJo
Tbf mine have come from amazon uk rather than direct from the label - still I have messaged them on twitter to se if they know anything about pressing problems... will keep you updated.
By elifunk
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am How much will this fetch in the end?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o405847699

And how much would I love a t-shirt with the golden dog looking like this in stead of the greenish version I have now...
so i see 15000 yen, price has dropped a bit but it is still high considering the extra fees you have to pay to receive it.
if you dig in japan you can find it at much more honest prices, no doubt!

i keep to wait for my chance even though i now have 4 reissues of the album (no idea why i received 2 extra copies from the seller)
By deafmetal
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:58 am @Texas: It was Fidenco’s Emanuelle Perché Violenza Alle Donne?.

I reacted to the very muffled sound quality. I used to have an LP rip which was taken from an OG on my old computer so I knew that the record usually sounds fine. The shiny cover made me more suspicious. I don‘t want to hang out the seller here as I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He explained to me that he hadn’t play tested the LP (I hadn‘t asked which I normally do) and that he had never sold any OG Fidenco‘s before and had bought it from someone believing it was an OG.
Wow, that seems like an odd one to duplicate given what they sell for. I had to go double-check my copy as well now, but all is well. The sleeve is definitely vintage/musty and a dull off-white color on the inside. The picture sleeve does have some shine with all the heavy black ink, but it's definitely a matte finish similar to other Beat album sleeves of the era. The vinyl also sounds excellent, which is usually what I am more interested in anyway.

re: Yuji Ohno Golden Dog

I am not surprised at the auction result as the promos sometimes go higher than the standard issue albums. I also emailed the WRWTFWW dudes and they said my package is still in the international postal vortex but should hopefully arrive sometime this year. I'm just spinning my OG anyway, and I already know the shirt is a loss. Maybe I will turn it into a face mask once it arrives.
By Bezulsqy
elifunk wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am How much will this fetch in the end?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o405847699

And how much would I love a t-shirt with the golden dog looking like this in stead of the greenish version I have now...
so i see 15000 yen, price has dropped a bit but it is still high considering the extra fees you have to pay to receive it.
if you dig in japan you can find it at much more honest prices, no doubt!

i keep to wait for my chance even though i now have 4 reissues of the album (no idea why i received 2 extra copies from the seller)
It still is a lot as that copy didn't appear in the best of shape looking at the obi.
Personally I always try to get the regular version in stead of a promo version because I prefer a coloured label to a white one. And the added rarity of a promo doesn't mean anything to me.
By monsterworship
inksb wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:26 pm
ScoJo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 pm Anybody else have this WRWTFWW distributed LP?

At least you can get your copies....

I've been getting the run around from them and it's pissing me off. They still haven't shipped Golden Dog or this LP to me. I'm going to be ever more pissed off if it's a defective pressing.
i haven't got my Golden Dog either, they did respond right away and said they are having shipping issues because of the pandemic and they gave me a download, but they didn't mention either way whether if it was shipped or it will be shipped at some point???
By texasvinyl
Shipping is so fucked right now. I sent a box to Netherlands, not just USPS but Priority International. It took 90 days.

I had a record shipped from Germany in April? Just got notice it arrived at Chicago, probably will be 30-60 more days.

Unfortunately I can only recommend UPS and DHL right now for international. Those are still coming very quickly.
By havershaw
I’ve ordered a few records from France recently (USPS) and they arrived quicker than ever before.

BUT I have definitely had other stuff take forever to get here from other countries (all USPS). UK has been taking forever too. It’s slowed down my record buying significantly, which I guess is good?
By monsterworship
Just reading the top 30 list of most expensive items sold in May on Discogs.

#1 at $5,660

Jay Richford & Gary Stevan ‎– Feelings
Carosello ‎ 1974

I've seen the record posted on here a few times over the years.
By texasvinyl
funny watching discogs try to justify a possibly phony sale of Blond for $1,500. An album you could and can still buy for much less. "It sells for $500-800, so it totally makes sense that someone bought a copy for $1500"

Am I crazy or is some fuckery afoot?

I also smell shenanigans with these Griselda/Gunn albums.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:44 pm I also smell shenanigans with these Griselda/Gunn albums.
Ever since Pray For Paris all of Griselda stuff spiked in price. In particular WSG shit. Supreme Blientele, Flygod is an Awesome God and Hitler Wears Hermes 7 were all going for $60-$90 for the last 6 months and all of a sudden every just said nope, we are going to ask $150-$300 for this shit. It's so dumb. I've seen a lot of speculation on some of the bigger profile P4P sales too, saying people are "buying" them to create false price hike. The only albums that have been legit expensive were Griselda Ghost, Hall & Nash, Reject 2 and Tana Talk 3.

At this point I'm fucking kicking myself for not grabbing HWH7 and Supreme Blientele earlier this year when I had intended.
By milliondollars
monsterworship wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:54 pm Just reading the top 30 list of most expensive items sold in May on Discogs.

#1 at $5,660

Jay Richford & Gary Stevan ‎– Feelings
Carosello ‎ 1974

I've seen the record posted on here a few times over the years.
on one hand it is hard to believe it sold for that much but on the other hand, this is probably the very best library record ever made. heard it about 20 years ago for the first time but i still get the right Feeling(s) when i do, haha! a true jewel that belongs in every collection.