Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By skeletonbutt
there a few good deals on amazon for anyone in .ca like super dark times 19.75, knife+heart 20.58 (2lp), to live and die in la 20.62, psychos in love, 22.08, lost highway 25.06 (2lp), daughters of darkness 26.00 (only 2 left) american beauty 26.95, annihilation 27.32 (2lp), gone girl 27.38 (2lp)
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 pm Forced Exposure has Roy Budd’s The Internecine Project on sale. If you’re in the US, this is a great deal on this, and this record is pretty damn amazing.

https://www.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/ ... 079LP.html
I'm going to probably regret this but Two Headed Dog also has it in stock and they have a 15% off promo code going on LOCKEDUP. I ordered from 2HD because I also wanted Fabio Fabor's Pape Satan.

2HD is also having a BLOW OUT sale on a bunch of records, some really good deals in there. I actually grabbed Fabio Frizzi's Rosso Nell'Oceano for $21, which I haven't seen for sale in ages for under $30. And for now you can also use that LOCKEDUP promo code to get 15% off the sale prices. Some other highlights include Mark Isham's Blade, Pumpkinhead OST, lots of BWR records, some random Four Flies stuff. It's worth looking through.

And last thing, not sure if any one is interested in this but I noticed Face Records NYC have a Japanese pressing of Suspiria, it is missing the "pop up insert" but has the OBI. It's $80 which seems pretty reasonable compared to the other prices on there right now. I find it odd as Face Records generally over price everything. If you are interested you could probably send them a message and get some pictures of it.
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1088757874
By havershaw
agghhh! I wish I had seen this with the code cause I literally just placed an order with them (and watched multiple titles I wanted vanish from my cart as I failed to check out soon enough). I got an email from them about the sale, but it didn’t mention the code. Oh well.

I was coming here to say that they have Open Air Parade on sale too, but it also sold out in the time it took me to post this.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:06 pm agghhh! I wish I had seen this with the code cause I literally just placed an order with them (and watched multiple titles I wanted vanish from my cart as I failed to check out soon enough). I got an email from them about the sale, but it didn’t mention the code. Oh well.

I was coming here to say that they have Open Air Parade on sale too, but it also sold out in the time it took me to post this.
After the email he posted on IG that a bunch of these titles are limited to as little as 2-3 copies. The Frizzi LP he hasn't had in stock for well over a year, I'm guessing he found some stock while cleaning. Also he didn't mention the code, it's just been an active code for the last few weeks so I tried it and it worked. Also I'm pretty sure the DFC (or it may be DFN?) code still worked a month or two ago last I checked which is always 5% off.
By havershaw
I went back and ordered a few more things (sad I missed the “timing archives record - in my cart, and then poof!) and used the code, which did work on all of the sale items (although he told me it did not - oops).

he has that new Thing box set (Sacred Bones version).
With the coupon, I am heavily tempted cause I’m feeling like I missed out on that (I have an OG Thing though).
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:33 pm Fabio Frizzi - Manhattan Baby Beat Records LPF-061 second pressing (red labels) NM deadstock €50 euro:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/928653872

These are legit. Somebody found a box of deadstock in Europe. So far ten copies have sold on discogs. Prices have been creeping up from ~€50 over the last few months, so I would recommend grabbing one now before they disappear again.
Yesterday I was watching Tony Giles new youtube thing The Record Room and he mentioned getting this release. After some inspection and someone else pointing out that there appears to be something amiss he found out that these releases appear to be original records with a newly printed cover.
I got a copy as well after reading @Deafs heads up and never paid any attention to it. I just now searched my copy and indeed it looks to be a reproduction. Very strange stuff. All copies for sale on Discogs appear to be this version so their appear to be a lot of them.

The cover is very glossy and original Beat covers shouldn't be like that is what Tony thinks. However I have the Holocaust 2000 Beat release from 1977 and that is a pretty glossy cover as well, but the spine is really different. It has to top and bottom parts thin. Nevertheless the seller told Tony that he is right.

Is the spine of the original Manhattan Baby release the same type as the Holocaust 2000 one?

The Record Room (check around the 23 minute mark)
By ChrisMcQueen007
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:07 am
deafmetal wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:33 pm Fabio Frizzi - Manhattan Baby Beat Records LPF-061 second pressing (red labels) NM deadstock €50 euro:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/928653872

These are legit. Somebody found a box of deadstock in Europe. So far ten copies have sold on discogs. Prices have been creeping up from ~€50 over the last few months, so I would recommend grabbing one now before they disappear again.
Yesterday I was watching Tony Giles new youtube thing The Record Room and he mentioned getting this release. After some inspection and someone else pointing out that there appears to be something amiss he found out that these releases appear to be original records with a newly printed cover.
I got a copy as well after reading @Deafs heads up and never paid any attention to it. I just now searched my copy and indeed it looks to be a reproduction. Very strange stuff. All copies for sale on Discogs appear to be this version so their appear to be a lot of them.

The cover is very glossy and original Beat covers shouldn't be like that is what Tony thinks. However I have the Holocaust 2000 Beat release from 1977 and that is a pretty glossy cover as well, but the spine is really different. It has to top and bottom parts thin. Nevertheless the seller told Tony that he is right.

Is the spine of the original Manhattan Baby release the same type as the Holocaust 2000 one?

The Record Room (check around the 23 minute mark)
I have an OG Manhattan Baby (albeit w/ green labels) and it is not glossy - actually none of my OG Beat are laminated except for Living Dead at Manchester Morgue but that again has the spine with top and bottom in thin.

I fear we might have a problem here, as I realized this with some other (expensive/rare) Italian records as well. I e.g. have an OG Pulsar Music ltd. where the cover is shiny and looks like new (price was attractive while not cheap). It does not look laminated in the same way as the Living Dead at Manchester Morgue where can still see a bit the age even if it’s in a very nice condition.
By deafmetal
Hm, it does look like I have led us astray, Bez, so apologies for that. Seems like a lot of effort to reproduce these sleeves for a few extra euros on top. I went straight for the wax and saw the vintage paper sleeve and assumed all was well. It was a second issue with the red label and looked just like dead stock, so I did not give the sleeve much thought (my bad). It is indeed bright white on the inside and does not smell vintage. It is a very close match to the original other than being slightly smaller along with the glossiness of the printing (original green label first press on top):