Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:13 pm Not sure if any one here is looking for Fabio Frizzi's Amore Libero score but I just saw Mike Wallace of Rendezvous selling his copy on Instagram. I assume this is going to be sold for quite a hefty sum as the prices on discogs are insane. His handle is @henrygoforth
That went quick, I hope the price was better than all the recent discogs listings. I still feel very fortunate to have scored that copy from YJA. I am curious to understand why this album has not been reissued. It would appear that the masters are available as Quarter reissued this on CD along with extra tracks from the original session. Surely, it's popular enough with Frizzi composing, Tempera directing and Goblin band members performing given the high demand for the original?
By texasvinyl
I bought two records from him a couple years ago. I found his prices to be expensive but fair, selling for perhaps less than his own cost. The Italian dealers charged their weight in gold for some of these records!!! :)

I kind of regret not throwing those two Ayna on the credit card and figuring it out later but it would have caused a disturbance in the force at my house!!
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:29 pm Four Flies is having a sale on their website. Probably only good for folks in EU as it's just a few bucks most releases.
https://www.fourfliesrecords.com/sale/
yes, Four Flies does not have the best of sales. Only 1 or 2 euros off for most releases. Around 10-15% I think.

Digitmovies has a free shipping thing during the whole summer. You have to order 100 euro or more:
https://www.store4you.it/shop/en/
For me that would mean around a 20% discount or 1 free record for each 4 or 5 I buy.
By Bub
Barnes & Noble have a 50% off section for vinyl. I had seen Carlito's Way posted on FB (which got me to go in the first place) but was happy to find Vangelis discounted as well. Also picked up M83 Digital Shades Volume II based on what I previewed. Original prices are full MSRP & condition may vary. Mine look excellent considering how long they must've sat there in those unforgiving bins. Carlito didn't have a sticker so have them price check anything you think may be reduced. And check for store availability on their site before heading out.

Carlito's Way $12.49
Vangelis $14.99
M83 $15.50
20210817_165022.jpg
20210817_165022.jpg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 2519 times
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:38 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:07 pm Halloween - VG+ $150
That's the cheapest I've seen that on discogs in a while. Not in my price range but may be some one elses around here

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1613014024
Yikes, prices are way up. I trust the forum member I passed my double copy off to is appreciating it. ;)
There's a seller that has been liquidating a ton of nice VS copies of various scores over the last week on ebay. I have lost ever bid I've put in and there are records that have been selling for $40-$60 on discogs that went for over $80 on these auctions. I don't understand why people are willing to pay higher than the going rate.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:21 pm Don't know it, must be tits rare Face is pretty reasonable usually
It is, I've only seen two copies for sale in the last few years and both were sold by them. If you are into ambient music at all, it's a great album, I've been listening to youtube rip for years lol. Face also kind of regulates prices on Japanese records in the US these days which is growing increasingly annoying. They are marking up stuff that sells in Japan for $10-15 for $40+. They are a good shop but are charging a few dollars more than what it would cost to import the record with shipping cost, so they are appealing to people that would want it sooner than waiting for it from Japan. People see their prices and raise theirs, the never ending cycle of price hiking we've seen over the last year or so.
By inksb
I am thankful that I got Village of the Damned when I did even though the price was so steep but when I see stuff like this it stings a little that I didn't have more patience lol

Screenshot 2021-09-23 095157.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-23 095157.jpg (31.16 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
By inksb
This either just sold or it was pulled down and went through private sale. That price is crazy. The last sale on record for discogs is just under $900 about 3 years ago. When is some one like Sonor gonna reissue it?
frizz.jpg
frizz.jpg (38.83 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
By tim28212
I don't know if anyone here is interested but according to Lalaland records there are only 20 of these left in stock and then it's out of print. I've seen them pop up on ebay from time to time for really stupid prices. It a very nice pressing/packaging for anyone John Williams fan.

Saving Private Ryan