Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Yeah most releases from them are $40+ so $30 is a "deal"
I don't really know what their 4lp's usually go for so I'm not sure what the savings is on those.

I may grab the Frizzi Festival one at the end of the week bc it has the isolated score on disc 2.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:47 pm I cannot recommend enough Riccardo Rocchi and Fabio Frizzi guitar duet Dark Chamber. The black vinyl pressing is dreamy as well:

https://cadabrarecords.com/products/dar ... f585&_ss=r
I second this recommendation and will add the Frizzi The Eyes of the Cat release as well. Both are incredible

I was just listening to Dark Chamber this weekend, actually it ended up being spun 3 times before I took it off the table.
By Hatter313
Ugh I had it in my hand at the VinSyn store in CT on Sunday, maybe next time
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:22 pm Ugh I had it in my hand at the VinSyn store in CT on Sunday, maybe next time
How was The Archive? It looks super cool and like I would spend an insane amount of money if I went there.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:29 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:22 pm Ugh I had it in my hand at the VinSyn store in CT on Sunday, maybe next time
How was The Archive? It looks super cool and like I would spend an insane amount of money if I went there.
Oh….yeah….you will. I try to limit my trips there, originally it was once a year and now it seems to be more like every couple of months. My folks live about halfway from me to there so if I’m need of some retail therapy and I’m already up there I sometimes just shrug and drive the extra half hour into CT. It’s always a more expensive trip then I want it to be but I’m also alway glad I did it. The shop itself is just awesome. Most new releases from all the boutique movie labels in abundance and some gems you didn’t even know were out there, plus we’ll stocked releases going back a few years on all those labels and a huge used section. They also have a trade in program that I really need to take advantage of. The upstairs is the record store and it’s amazing (I remember when they first opened and it was just the one floor), great soundtrack selection and then just great and well curated metal and other stuff as well, superb wall….someone definitely liquidated a max mage cadabra sub there recently. Anyway yeah be careful if you ever head down…and hit me up if you do haha
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:17 pm FYI

Discogs now offers two factor authentication. You do have to use an authenticator app like Google.
That's been available for a while. A word of caution, an authenticator app is the only way with no other option if the app isn't working. Some that use an app will also offer the option of a text code if there are issues with the app. Discogs doesn't. It's app or nothing. I got a new phone and was having trouble moving the auth app over so had to hold onto my old phone so I could get into Discogs when it would occasionally ask for a new token. I did eventually got it moved over but what a headache at the time.
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:39 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:17 pm FYI

Discogs now offers two factor authentication. You do have to use an authenticator app like Google.
That's been available for a while. A word of caution, an authenticator app is the only way with no other option if the app isn't working. Some that use an app will also offer the option of a text code if there are issues with the app. Discogs doesn't. It's app or nothing. I got a new phone and was having trouble moving the auth app over so had to hold onto my old phone so I could get into Discogs when it would occasionally ask for a new token. I did eventually got it moved over but what a headache at the time.
that's weird, I've never had the option for 2 factor (I tried to set it up when I changed my password a few months ago). I got a pop up on the site today saying it was now available to use.
By Chuggers
Hey all! I know most have moved off the WAXWORK, MONDO trains, I've just been on this sub for 7 or more years so I figured I'd mention I'm selling off what I'd collected back 4-7 years ago...I don't know that I'd even have anything interesting to collectors these days unless it was subscription variants for a year of TerrorVision (Brain Damage/Basket Case era) or WW (Burbs/DMTH era) a couple old Tangerine Dream lps, a couple Ennio Morricone but like I said, nothing rare. If there's something along those lines for standard prices you'd be interested in, I'm not trying to get rich, I just have a 3.5 year old daughter and I haven't spun a record in 4 years....lame, yeah?
By inksb
Chuggers wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:53 pm Hey all! I know most have moved off the WAXWORK, MONDO trains, I've just been on this sub for 7 or more years so I figured I'd mention I'm selling off what I'd collected back 4-7 years ago...I don't know that I'd even have anything interesting to collectors these days unless it was subscription variants for a year of TerrorVision (Brain Damage/Basket Case era) or WW (Burbs/DMTH era) a couple old Tangerine Dream lps, a couple Ennio Morricone but like I said, nothing rare. If there's something along those lines for standard prices you'd be interested in, I'm not trying to get rich, I just have a 3.5 year old daughter and I haven't spun a record in 4 years....lame, yeah?
I'd be curious to see what you have. Are they on discogs? or you have a list? I'm always looking to fill holes in the collection
By Chuggers
Yeah, Definitely...I'll just throw them here...the only TD I saw tonight was Flashpoint....I got to the beginning of "G" tonight. There's a little less than 50 lps here, there's 2 or 3 more storage cubes to go. Hopefully it formats ok.

Alien Covenant/Jed Kurzel
Almost Holy/Atticus Ross
Anomalisa/Carter Burnwell
Another Happy Day/Olafur Arnalds
Autopsy/Ennio Morricone (sealed)
Babadook/Jed Kurzel (sub variant)
Basket Case/Gus Russo (sub variant)
Batman Returns/Danny Elfman (sealed)
Big Bad Wolves/Frank Ilfman (rsd, sealed)
Blue Velvet/Angelo Badalamenti
Brain Damage/Gus Russo (sub variant)
The Burbs/Jerry Goldsmith (sub variant)
Chinatown/Jerry Goldsmith (rsd)
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange read by Anthony Burgess
The Comedy/Rick Alversa
Couple In A Hole/Beak
Creepshow/John Harrison
Creepshow 2/Les Read (sub variant)
Cub/Steve Moore
Darkman/Danny Elfman (sub variant)
Day Of The Dead/John Harrison
Dawn Of The Dead/Goblin (sub variant)
Le Demon Des Hautes Plaines
Der Todesking
The Doctor/Thomas Nola et son Orch.
Don't Look Now/Pino Donaggio (sub v)
Drag Me To Hell/C. Young (sealed/sub v)
Dunkirk/Hans Zimmer
Ecco/Riz Ortolani
The Elephant Man/John Morris
Endless Poetry/Adan Jodorosky (sealed)
Entertainment/Rick Alverson
Equus/Richard R. Bennett
Evil Dead 2/Joseph Loduca (sealed/sub v)
The Exorcist (sealed)
The Eyes Of My Mother/Ariel Loh
Flashpoint/Tangerine Dream
The Fly/Howard Shore
Le Foto Proibite/Ennio Morricone
Friday The 13th The Final Chapter
Friday The 13th Part V/H. Manfredini
From Beyond/Richard Band
Get Out/Michael Abels (sub variant)
Gradius II (sealed)
By Hatter313
Which blue velvet pressing is that?
By Bezulsqy
@chuggers
I might be interested in a couple of Waxwork sub versions.

Evil Dead 2 sub
Logan's Run sub
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sub

Leon (Waxwork release)
Pilotpriest (Waxwork)

But as I am located in the EU and these are some heavy records I am wondering if it wouldn't be too expensive to ship.
Maybe 2 records out of this list is possible.

And if you have Bruno Nicolai - The Case of the Bloody Iris: yes please!!! :-)
By inksb
Discogs is raising it's selling fee from 8% to 9% starting May 22nd. I fully expect to see most big shops to raise their prices 5-20% because this is the age we live in.
By NathanLurker
My last purchase on discogs is from 2020. Fees and shipping and the fact Records are cool and desirable means sellers' asking price has gone up... I don't really save anything when I buy from there compared to ordering direct from labels.

And I don't track down old pressings that much anymore since new releases cost as much.

I've really calmed down on collecting. One thing that bums me out is that I've ended my completist run on Four Flies.
By texasvinyl
Records are tougher to price now, at least for me. Like I'm putting a nice copy of Ataraxia out at the show. No cuts/clips, no writing, plays nice and clean. I know people will haggle me at the show and they'll also want to use a card. and I don't mind bringing it back home in the slightest. Actually I have it on now and am second guessing my decision to put it out at all. I see some lesser copies listed for $80 on the cogs, so I know once it's gone I'll either never find one this clean again or it will cost me a bill to get one.

Or how about Simbolismo Psichedelico... Cost me at least $40-45 to get it from Intervallo, and the copy is like new in the shrink. The highest paid on discogs is $34 with a median of $21 and plenty of copies in the €20 range. And one US copy for $30, plus tax plus shipping. So what's the right "record fair price"? This show is 3 days and time consuming & expensive to do, and people are going to haggle. So I definitely need to sell stuff and move inventory, but I also can't go too cheap especially because people are gonna haggle no matter what price I put.

I'm struggling with it this year for sure.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:28 pm My last purchase on discogs is from 2020. Fees and shipping and the fact Records are cool and desirable means sellers' asking price has gone up... I don't really save anything when I buy from there compared to ordering direct from labels.

And I don't track down old pressings that much anymore since new releases cost as much.

I've really calmed down on collecting. One thing that bums me out is that I've ended my completist run on Four Flies.
I'm the opposite, I buy a majority of my records through discogs because the prices of new stuff has become so high plus buying direct from the labels ends up being the most expensive because they all charge $10-$11 for shipping now (on a $4 shipping service). There's a few that have kept their shipping fees reasonable like ETR & TV come to mind. Most Mondo & Waxwork stuff I buy second hand or through distributor like LITA bc it's cheaper. Unless it's something that is a "must own" with limited pressing then I'll bite the bullet and buy direct.

I just checked my last purchase direct from Mondo was Space Amoeba in March '22. Waxwork was in January for the TMNT 3 score. Most of Waxwork stuff I wait for a sale when I buy direct.

You are in a bit of a different situation than most of us though as you have to pay high shipping for pretty much everything you buy and pay more than most for the cost of the record due to exchange rates as well.