Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Must admit, I'm confused what we're talking about now... ?

I do have the Coupe de Villes LP (eternal thanks to Brother LazyBen for that one...) but it's not a film soundtrack.
By Hatter313
Sorry, I was responding to Tim’s post about haunted summer. Lol.

That coupe de Villes record though....yeah want that too haha
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:13 pm Sorry, I was responding to Tim’s post about haunted summer. Lol.

I thought so ;) Film and score both highly rec'd!
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 am
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:13 pm Sorry, I was responding to Tim’s post about haunted summer. Lol.

I thought so ;) Film and score both highly rec'd!
It’s one of those movies I’ve been chasing ever since I heard about the score here years ago, not sure how I ever missed it but it’s high in the list of need to see movies. The only one I knew of about that story before was Gothic, which is fun but a little over the top (as to be expected with ken Russell)
By monsterworship
inksb wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 pm I know a few of you folks enjoy Osamu Shoji, I noticed today that his Horror Music Show LP popped up on discogs for $95, the last one I saw for sale was over $200. Even at $95 it's too much for me to bite but some one here might be interested.
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/91193 ... lationship
nice i'm glad someone finally added it to discogs, i've had a copy for a few years, it's a banger for sure.
By texasvinyl
Interesting! Cover looks awesome. Too bad there are no clips. I know he did Wicked City, other than that don't know a thing.

Also, soundtrack dude is back on ebay, with another batch of mostly the same stuff although far less Italian stuff. You have to wonder what the deal is. Same guy just auctioned a shitload of Blue Note stuff, and I was busy and missed out on some smoking deals like a very fine looking VG copy of Look Out! for like $40. That record neeeever shows up, or if it does it's thrashed or $1000. I didn't end up getting any of them.
By texasvinyl
Ok, I saw a picture with the OBI, and it looks insane. Plus, you guys know this genre way better than me, and I can't argue with that track list. Unfortunately, this seller also had some other cool shit at very attractive prices, so what I am saying is thanks a lot ink for the wallet punch. I tell myself it is a good idea, because the Up !!!!! comp has the Edda track from that rare 7", and though I buy far too many stupid records I have been unwilling to jump into the 7" game.

Armando Trovajoli - Softly
Various - Up !!!!! The Second
Various - Le Jazzbeat! Jerk, Jazz & Psychobeat De France
Various - The Exorcist
Osamu Shoji - Horror Music Show
By inksb
You are in for a treat @tex I would have sent you the files, @deaf snagged a copy not too long ago and ripped it for a few of us. It would have been an instant buy for me if it was around the $60 price point but with the wifes b-day coming up and the big hit to my bank account over the last few weeks I need to cool it for a bit.
By Dollarhyde
Nice pick up tex. Had also been pointed toward this sale. I was tempted but I've already blown my budget on other Japanese goodies.

Glad it's gone to a board member.

I do have a copy of Osamu Shoji's Roots Search OST on its way to me though :D
By Dollarhyde
@tex no joke if it's not to your taste maybe I can hustle up a library trade ;)

@Inks I paid $85 much more than I wanted and maybe more than its worth. I've seen copies go alot cheaper, but I really like the OST and I couldn't be bothered with the long chase for a bargain.
By deafmetal
If anybody wants a rip of Horror Music Show, just send me a pm.

@tex - nice grabs!

@dollar - Roots Search sounds keen, I'm getting a Castlevania vibe from some of the melodies mixed with the synth chorus.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:11 pm @Inks I paid $85 much more than I wanted and maybe more than its worth. I've seen copies go alot cheaper, but I really like the OST and I couldn't be bothered with the long chase for a bargain.
It doesn't seem to come up much, at least in the US. I think the last copy that was on discogs was $200? The price you paid seems much more reasonable.
By maxlevel
Absolutely no idea where to post this, can’t find any release details and the discogs list only has one of her other releases. Eteinne Forget https://www.discogs.com/artist/6504645-Etienne-Forget was the composer for The Forest (La Foret) which is a French made mystery/drama Netflix 6x50min series. However, it has gone onto iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/la-fo ... 1317748929

I will continue my sleuthing this afternoon for release details

Edit: well that was easy. Editions Milan Music which is the French label of Milan, put this out digital only in 2017. This link has high resolution available https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/la-fo ... 9039997420
By NathanLurker
inksb wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:00 pm Arrow Video is having a sale on their records, 10 records are part of a 2 for £20 and 4 are part of a 2 for £30 deal. Pretty decent prices
was coming here to mention the sale. It's great, especially those ltd editions, you save 10 pounds per title.
By inksb
I've noticed they are really quite forgiving with their sales across the board. They will usually include films they released with the last few months in their sales. They tend to exclude brand new releases (as in the last month or two) but beyond most of it is fair game. Unlike companies like Severin who basically say none of our stuff from this year is on sale (ie last 6 months plus).

I only have the Pieces LP. If I were to choose two out of the 2 for £20 section what do you guys recommend?