Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
Jimmy_Mike wrote:Tim,

My Haunted Summer arrived today and it's a beautiful listen. Many thanks for the recommendation. This is my first Chris Young score, but not for long.
First!? You’re in for a real treat. :)
By Dollarhyde
After seeing this record pop up in here so often and then checking the discogs clips I had to jump in. Always one for a bargain ;)

I think my first young score too, can't wait.
By ScoJo
Jimmy_Mike wrote:The second track “Ménage” is stunning.

Anyone seen the film? It sounds cool AF.
I like the film a lot - I found it back in the day when I was seeking anything directed by Czech emigre Ivan Passer, after seeing Cutter's Way and becoming sort of obsessed with it (great film+amazing score, check them out!)
Haunted Summer is essentially the more polite version of the same events depicted in Gothic- but without Ken Russell's wild X-rated trippy music-video excesses (winking eye nipples!!) and Thomas Dolby music. It's the 'Merchant Ivory' version of the Shelley/Byron/Frankenstein trip at Lake Geneva and very well made/acted - hella classy considering it's an 80s Cannon film! Need to see it again tbh, but Young's score is definitely a standout element (along with Alice Krige...) Whenever I spin the OST that main theme haunts me for days. I could only ever find it as a full frame transfer on dvd, which is annoying- no love shown to this little gem as of yet. If you're into such things, DM me and I can hook you up with a dig file :)
By deafmetal
Stoked to see all the Christopher Young enthusiasm. There was an excellent episode (or more?) of the DFC with Chris Young as a guest.

Anybody else watching these gems that just ended up on the 'bay?

By tim28212
Jimmy_Mike wrote:Tim,

My Haunted Summer arrived today and it's a beautiful listen. Many thanks for the recommendation. This is my first Chris Young score, but not for long.
@jimmy, so happy you are enjoying it. Definitely at the top as one of my favorite Christopher Young scores. @static is right, if this is your first Christopher Young score, you are in for such a treat. :)
By Mateo Sanboval
milliondollars wrote:another batch of around 1000 OST records hit ebay from funkysounds seller with 100+ Morricones and the other usual suspects...

in this batch, another Colpo Rovente has surfaced which is crazy because that one did not show up for many years. hit the $700 mark within 24 hours. not bad...
You forgot to mention the original European pressing of Risky Business.
By texasvinyl
What the fuck?? Ok, where did all this stuff come from. A second copy of Colpo Rovente, the third(!) copy of Nella Stretta, another sealed Videodrome. And in the US. If you follow me on IG you will see some receipts I found in one of these records. Suggesting a man in South Carolina named Sims. But the sheer volume and all these doubles/triples is really something else. The records are all really clean too.
By deafmetal
texasvinyl wrote:What the fuck?? Ok, where did all this stuff come from. A second copy of Colpo Rovente, the third(!) copy of Nella Stretta, another sealed Videodrome. And in the US. If you follow me on IG you will see some receipts I found in one of these records. Suggesting a man in South Carolina named Sims. But the sheer volume and all these doubles/triples is really something else. The records are all really clean too.
The collection is on another level. The multiple copies of some of these are just mind-boggling. It's also the third sealed copy of Phantasm by my count. At what point does it just become hoarding?
By ScoJo
milliondollars wrote:another batch of around 1000 OST records hit ebay from funkysounds seller with 100+ Morricones and the other usual suspects...

in this batch, another Colpo Rovente has surfaced which is crazy because that one did not show up for many years. hit the $700 mark within 24 hours. not bad...
A collection after my own heart- I don't have quite as many OG Morricone but lots of familiar titles :)

As an aside- is 6.98 some special seasoned-record-seller voodoo algorithm starting price?
By Mateo Sanboval
milliondollars wrote:on the other hand i wonder when our collections are being auctioned like that. remember, we are not here to stay...
I think about this not infrequently.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
milliondollars wrote:on the other hand i wonder when our collections are being auctioned like that. remember, we are not here to stay...
I think about this not infrequently.
I keep reminding myself to make a spreadsheet for my possible heirs so that if they don’t love this stuff the way I do they can at least make a little money off of my nonsense hobbies when I’m gone. It’ll be interesting to see how these boutique reissues do decades from now, I doubt they’ll hold their value but I could be surprised. The OGs though, those I think will do just fine :)
By inksb
Heads up to US based folks, Edsawesomesounds has struck a distro deal with Arrow Records and they are very reasonably priced, most are $32 w/free shipping as compared to Mondo's price of $32-$35 plus $5 shipping.
By deafmetal
maxlevel wrote:This cheeky offer caught me peepers this morning https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l468409830
Fabio Frizzi Amore Libero
Nice, and it looks to be in pretty good condition. There is also a seller on the 'cogs trying to get $800-900 for a copy right now with a large seam split on the side. If you are curious, that is not cellophane tape running down the back of the sleeve, it's actually a continuation of the glossy lamination on the front cover. I believe I got a great deal on my copy because the seller on Yahoo auctions listed it as having "tape on the back sleeve", haha. Blissful vibes from Cinevox island... and almost worth it just for glossy Laura Gemser. I can't believe it has not been reissued yet, but you can at least get the Kalù track on the Perché si uccidono reissue on AMS.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
maxlevel wrote:This cheeky offer caught me peepers this morning https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l468409830
Fabio Frizzi Amore Libero
Nice, and it looks to be in pretty good condition. There is also a seller on the 'cogs trying to get $800-900 for a copy right now with a large seam split on the side. If you are curious, that is not cellophane tape running down the back of the sleeve, it's actually a continuation of the glossy lamination on the front cover. I believe I got a great deal on my copy because the seller on Yahoo auctions listed it as having "tape on the back sleeve", haha. Blissful vibes from Cinevox island... and almost worth it just for glossy Laura Gemser. I can't believe it has not been reissued yet, but you can at least get the Kalù track on the Perché si uccidono reissue on AMS.
Coming with that got dam knowledge, boys.
By texasvinyl
Ahhh who snagged that Gino Conte... I was trying to enter snipe bid at the end but the timer on the page I saw was slow. So it ended as I was hitting place bid. Saved me $450 I guess hahaha. And maybe the high bidder had a higher bid than that.
By Mateo Sanboval
I watched that one but too rich for my blood. I bid on a couple soundtracks absent mindedly only to see them go for quite a bit more than I'd expected. Clearly I didn't do my research.