Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
@bez it's otaku. Which is more Japanese pop culture collecting, or something like that, but predominantly anime and tokusatsu in regard to records. There is no genre filter just a filter for media type. Searching keywords works quite well though. Here and there they have western stuff (Japanese versions of). Records is just a small part of what they sell/auction, it's all there posters, toys, cosplay, dvd, books, fan art, original artwork all kinds of stuff.
By ScoJo
I'm super excited to have just knocked off another OG 80s horror soundtrack from my wants list, should be coming through in the next few days... one clue is that it means I can now shift on another unplayed DW reissue, but also see if you can guess from this sleeve section blowup:

90391_958881.jpg
90391_958881.jpg (276.01 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
By ScoJo
Impressive!

Yeah scored a near mint (fingers crossed) Web Rcds original for 40, now if I can move on my yellow glitter DW copy for around 20 bucks I'll be very happy all round :)

(incidentally... there's currently a wtf copy for sale on ebay in 'Poor' condition for £5000!! Honestly, what the heck is with that kind of nonsense??)
By havershaw
There’s a sealed original Day of the Dead vinyl on eBay for $40 BIN, if anyone’s interested!

I like the Waxwork release but the new mix leaves a little to be desired to me.
By ScoJo
In case anyone is interested, there's a mint copy of the Harkit KLUTE OST lp on discogs just now, UK based seller. Has it for £45 but offers accepted. The original 70s boot goes for mad money, so this good sounding 'boot of a boot' is a reasonable substitute to be able to have this killer score!

R-2561958-1453803240-4422.jpeg.jpg
R-2561958-1453803240-4422.jpeg.jpg (88.95 KiB) Viewed 2668 times

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2561958?ev=rb
By Bub
That's an insane deal, Tim. I'd be all over that if I didn't have it already. It's even more amazing how you pushed it further with your $8 offer. Well played!
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:14 pm There’s a sealed original Day of the Dead vinyl on eBay for $40 BIN, if anyone’s interested!

I like the Waxwork release but the new mix leaves a little to be desired to me.
This guy must have found a box of dead stock, he's sold over 40 of them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Day-of-the-Dea ... 2749.l2649

I just grabbed a copy. I made an offer of $32 and he accepted.
By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 am ^@monsterworship - know this guy?
Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Is this the same Pittsburgh dude that MW scored his boxes of deadstock, and he has a basement full of them that he is gradually parsing out over time to keep from devaluing them too much/flooding the aftermarket?

In any case this remains a must-have version of the DotD ost - love having the expanded WW release but also have big feels for the suites n songs that are unique to the Saturn :)
By havershaw
100% agree ScoJo!

I already have a sealed copy I bought in Pittsburgh a few years ago, plus my childhood copy:
CE43EC03-50F3-4E46-B883-199158692859.jpeg
CE43EC03-50F3-4E46-B883-199158692859.jpeg (438.94 KiB) Viewed 2541 times
(I don’t know why I had Savini sign it, as he clearly had nothing to do with the music or LP, but I was a kid and it was one of the only pieces of Day merch I had at the time.)

And I’m still considering grabbing another copy from this guy on eBay so I can open my other sealed one and hang onto one more. At that price, it’s hard to pass up.
By monsterworship
ScoJo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:31 am
deafmetal wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 am ^@monsterworship - know this guy?
Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Is this the same Pittsburgh dude that MW scored his boxes of deadstock, and he has a basement full of them that he is gradually parsing out over time to keep from devaluing them too much/flooding the aftermarket?

In any case this remains a must-have version of the DotD ost - love having the expanded WW release but also have big feels for the suites n songs that are unique to the Saturn :)

I know who he is i've bought from him at record shows, but he is not the person I bought all of my stock from.

When I sold the LPS many years ago, almost half of them were warped so i can't imagine these are great.
By texasvinyl
Did you grab anything

I was going to get Calamo but pondered it for too long. I'll find another of that one.

I did grab the Tommasi even though it's not a consistent listen and has a number of unremarkable tracks. But it has one supremely beautiful cue for the ages, plus a blues jazz track with dino piana on it. I didn't want to spend that much on it though.

By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:29 am Did you grab anything

I was going to get Calamo but pondered it for too long. I'll find another of that one.

I did grab the Tommasi even though it's not a consistent listen and has a number of unremarkable tracks. But it has one supremely beautiful cue for the ages, plus a blues jazz track with dino piana on it. I didn't want to spend that much on it though.

I'm not familiar with any of that stuff outside of the expensive sought after ones I have no business considering. Anything cheap you recommend?