Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:52 pm If you guys were thinking of getting some Arrow records, they are on sale HERE for their 'warehouse move sale'. All titles are 1o£ or 15£.
almost pulled the trigger... have to pace my spending...
anyways, thanks for the tip
By chiefbrody
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:52 pm If you guys were thinking of getting some Arrow records, they are on sale HERE for their 'warehouse move sale'. All titles are 1o£ or 15£.
Thanks for the tip. Any strong recommendations from the board? I've only got '... High Heels'.

Though I'm trying to be more like @bez. I've spent a fortune (in my terms) in the last month or so.
By inksb
Some deals for Black Friday

Ship to Shore
Buy one get one 50% off. A few select titles discounted with out the BOGO. Code: BLACKFRIDAY19

Sacred Bones
Dented & Dinged sale. Blind buy 3 LPs - $20, 5LPs - $25, 10LPs - $40

The Yetee
A bunch of random stuff onsale but seems to be pretty picked through already

Wayo Records
20% Off

Debug Records
Earthbound cover record 40% off

Two Headed Dog
20% Off - BLACKBELTJONES

Terror Vision & Grave Face Records
20% Off - BLACKFRIDAY
Grave Face has a different promo, bf2019 for 30% off anything on their bandcamp

Any other deals?
By inksb
I'm not sure if this was a mistake on Yetee's end or if they meant to do this but all of the Gradius soundtracks are 75% off (which they advertised) but when I added them to my cart some promo was applied that made the total for all three records $9.25. That's insane. Shipping is outrageous at $15 but the fact that I can get all 3 soundtracks for less than one shipped I bought them.
By Bub
Thanks for the info Inks. I placed an order with THD very early this morning on some imports I've been eyeing & the Masters of the Universe BFRSD. To add to your list, Varèse Sarabande is having a sale though not very tempting as you have to spend XX amount to get discounts.

Spend $50 in the store to receive 15% off by using the discount code BF15 during the checkout process. Spend $100 in the store and the discount jumps to 20% off by using the discount code BF20. Good only on in-stock product.

Not music related, well mostly, but Severin Films is having a sale. Their All The Colors of Giallo [3-Disc] Blu-ray is on only $14 (MSRP $34.98 & currently $24.98 on Amazon)

DISC ONE:
All The Colors of Giallo – A New Feature Length Documentary By Federico Caddeo
Giallothon – Over 4 Hours of Trailers
The Giallo Frames – Interview With John Martin, Editor Of The Giallo Pages
Audio Commentary with Kat Ellinger, Author of All The Colors Of Sergio Martino

DISC TWO
Kriminal! – Trailer Compilation
The Case Of The Krimi – Interview With Film Historian Marcus Stiglegger

DISC 3 (CD)
The Strange Sounds Of The Bloodstained Films – Compiled By Alfonso Carillo of Rendezvous! From The Archives Of Beat Records Remastered By Enrico De Gemini

tracklist here
https://www.discogs.com/release/13323143

https://severin-films.com/shop/all-the- ... lo-bluray/
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 pm Does your receipt show any coupons? Did you buy anything else? Showing as 21.25 for me
Must have been a fluke or an overlap of specials running? I have no idea, I was just hitting the checkout and realized it. I just went back to the site and added all the things to the cart and it came out normal like it is for you. But this is my receipt, doesn't state the coupons/specials but it applied something.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 5.17.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 5.17.45 PM.png (58.05 KiB) Viewed 4131 times
By inksb
Bub wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:47 pm Thanks for the info Inks. I placed an order with THD very early this morning on some imports I've been eyeing & the Masters of the Universe BFRSD. To add to your list, Varèse Sarabande is having a sale though not very tempting as you have to spend XX amount to get discounts.

Spend $50 in the store to receive 15% off by using the discount code BF15 during the checkout process. Spend $100 in the store and the discount jumps to 20% off by using the discount code BF20. Good only on in-stock product.

Not music related, well mostly, but Severin Films is having a sale. Their All The Colors of Giallo [3-Disc] Blu-ray is on only $14 (MSRP $34.98 & currently $24.98 on Amazon)

tracklist here
https://www.discogs.com/release/13323143

https://severin-films.com/shop/all-the- ... lo-bluray/
I really wanted to buy Fife/Repeated Viewing and that Masters of the Universe today from 2HD but between all the different sales, I am trying to keep stuff in check. Vinegar Syndrome is releasing Spookies and Candy Snatchers on bluray, two films I've wanted to see for years but lacked decent quality versions and have been OOP for ever. So I'm picking those up as well.

I really do want to hear that CD that Alfonso did for the All the Colors of Giallo set.
By chiefbrody
havershaw wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:46 pm
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:49 pm Yeah, and if you would need to go for only 1 I would order Pensione Paura, it is great.
I agree with this 100%
This is making it difficult to turn down. It wasn't even on my shortlist (knowing nothing about it). Thanks!
By chiefbrody
ScoJo wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 am @chief- thanks so much for the heads up on this! I have the infamous red/yellow splatter 'fire' edition which is actually not too bad, my copy has a few pits in the pressing but nothing horrific... but Ive been needing a black copy for ages. £13 in the uk with free shipping, fuckin A!
I hate to be the one to confirm, but I received this yesterday and it IS the "fire" variant. Are they all fucked? Is it even worthwhile listening to it or should I just send it back?
By ScoJo
chiefbrody wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:37 am
ScoJo wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 am @chief- thanks so much for the heads up on this! I have the infamous red/yellow splatter 'fire' edition which is actually not too bad, my copy has a few pits in the pressing but nothing horrific... but Ive been needing a black copy for ages. £13 in the uk with free shipping, fuckin A!
I hate to be the one to confirm, but I received this yesterday and it IS the "fire" variant. Are they all fucked? Is it even worthwhile listening to it or should I just send it back?
Ahh balls. Did the listing specifically say black vinyl? I'll have to look.
Mine is due today I think. If the listing says black, you can always request a return?
Having said that, and after ordering my copy I gave my fire copy a spin and it's perfectly fine- there are a couple of pits/marks which didn't really affect play but are visible on inspection. You could take a chance and hope you got lucky, like me.
Still, I will be miffed myself either way if I get another fire copy by mistake, or I didnt read the listing properly - doh!

*EDIT*

So did you order yours from toysandfilms, @chief? Just checked, and no mention of vinyl colour in listing- though it does state returns accepted.
By chiefbrody
I ordered mine from rarewaves. It didn't specifically mention colour, but I'd assumed they wouldn't be selling the red/yellow variant. I thought it was only sold via Silva with the disclaimer that they were a bit shit (paraphrase).
By ScoJo
Their disclaimer was more along the lines of 'issues with the hand pressed flame edition of 500, so most were junked but some were deemed ok and sold on proviso that you are aware of the issue' (also paraphrased!)
By chiefbrody
ScoJo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am Their disclaimer was more along the lines of 'issues with the hand pressed flame edition of 500, so most were junked but some were deemed ok and sold on proviso that you are aware of the issue' (also paraphrased!)
That's probably closer to it! I have visually inspected LP1 and there are clearly some pits (craters, more like) under the labels, but the grooves look ok. That's still not much use to you, given you already have a copy. Should have known when it seemed too good to be true. It still seems strange that they've made it out to retail after all this time.

Please let me know if your copy from toysandfilms is black wax (if you're going to open it), and I will return the rarewaves one if I can get black vinyl for much the same price.