Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ChrisMcQueen007
I agree with basically everything that has been said above. My 2 cents in addition to that: I think that WW, DW, et al are trying to strike a balance between the "seasoned" fans/collectors of horror and cult scores (a niche market which probably consists of the members/followers of this board and a couple of hundred more people around the globe) and people who have started collecting records/scores fairly recently and have a more "mainstream" taste. This has some good sides (choice, hopefully good business that can finance more niche titles) and some downsides (most of these labels are not active here anymore as they are busy catering to the needs of a larger buying group, risk of oversaturating the market/"hipsters" moving on to other things, ...). So I hope these labels will manage to strike this balance also in the long run, and I will do my part in supporting them by buying the niche titles that I am interested in (which for sure aren't future rerelease of JC scores they've done before).
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:11 pm ...and maybe we can get some Wolfen and Something Wicked love here so @Mateo and I can stop grousing...
Preach it, Brother.
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:41 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 am Stop bidding on Down of the Dead!!! I want it! :-)

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c741345531
Nice, did you win this one, Bez? I did not even see this auction.
I did not. If I had not paid for shipping a package from Japan the same day this auction ended I might have put in a bid. But too be fair it would be the most expensive record I would have ever bought with all the fees, shipping and customs combined. Auction ended 15,674 yen and that is with no bid from me. If the person who won and I would get in a bidding war it probably would have ended up around 17,500-20,000. And that would be stupid. Factoring in another $30 dollars shipping and 20% customs....

Oh well. I will get a copy at one point. Dawn or Down.

Also three Phantasm's with obi for sale in the past three weeks. I won the auction for the second one. Third one is still up.
I am done for the next three or four months on Yahoo though. Spend too much already this year. But who knows. I am easily persuaded...
By texasvinyl
Thanks I snapped that one, it reminds me of the Quadrigas with that big punchy groove. You are going to get me in trouble. Luckily I sold my Halo and Halo 2 soundtracks this morning for a cool $400
By Mateo Sanboval
I got there too late. Hope it went to an STBCer or some other like-minded meat popsicle.
By havershaw
Dang. I probably would have bought that (although I’m trying hard to save for more Dawn of the Dead library stuff).

Stuff like that is why it’s hard to save up.
By havershaw
I didn’t ask the seller, but they’re selling it as the one with the green labels, so hopefully that’s what it is.

The represses seem to sell for the same price as well.
By Hatter313
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:01 am Yeah it's a good price either way. The one I bought had the green label but I paid 99.95 usd, which is already a decent price.
Yeah i think i paid an even $100 for mine, $70 is a STEAL, well done dude!