Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
I had to share this. An OG pressing available at Revilla Grooves in NJ. These guys have bought and put up some crazy collections over the last year. They don't do online sales, only in person at the shop. If I lived closer I would make the trip bc they have had some awesome stuff.

Look at that price though...$1500

Screenshot_20220315-151025.png
Screenshot_20220315-151025.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 2221 times
By inksb
This deal was too good to not share

In today's fantastic landscape of record grading, the record is "sealed" and has a promo notch cut out of it, making the jacket NM. Makes sense, definitely. Followed by the statement "visibly flat" because well it looks flat to them.
Icing on the cake is the price tag coming in at $70 more than any sold copy on discogs.

from beyone.jpg
from beyone.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
By Hatter313
I've gotten to the point where if i don't see 100% positive, i'm not buying. too many people over grade, over inflate prices, pack like hell, and generally get real short with you if you have an issue. As both a some time seller and lifetime collector, i'm tired of buying NM things only to discover the sleeve has come unglued or theres ring wear, or the "book club edition listed as a first" thing that happens too often with amateur book sellers. People think that selling on the "used" market means customers shouldn't expect the same level of attention. i could go on about this but its not worth it.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:04 pm This is a little confusing but some one might want to take a chance on it.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1929458825

Francesco De Masi ‎– Lo Squartatore Di New York

Listed as NM media and Generic sleeve condition. But the description says "original vinyl in a perfect copy of the original sleeve"
Price seems pretty good
I guess what it means is that the buyer gets the OG record in NM condition - but not an original sleeve but a reproduction/photo-copied version of the sleeve. Really fair price if the vinyl indeed is NM and I would assume this then would be a good deal for someone who has an OG with a decent sleeve but only VG or so vinyl and would like to "upgrade" the record.
By monsterworship
inksb wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:56 pm LITA has updated their sale page with some new stuff. A handful of Waxwork titles are probably of interest to a few here (I'm personally eying Alice Sweet Alice @ $26). There's some other good stuff mixed in there too.

https://lightintheattic.net/shelves/Sale
just remembering the crazy sells that LITA would do at the end of the first few Mondo Cons were they didn't want to have to ship records back, so they were blowing stuff out for like $5 or $10 each.
By Hatter313
monsterworship wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 pm
inksb wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:56 pm LITA has updated their sale page with some new stuff. A handful of Waxwork titles are probably of interest to a few here (I'm personally eying Alice Sweet Alice @ $26). There's some other good stuff mixed in there too.

https://lightintheattic.net/shelves/Sale
just remembering the crazy sells that LITA would do at the end of the first few Mondo Cons were they didn't want to have to ship records back, so they were blowing stuff out for like $5 or $10 each.
Man they REALLY didn’t want to ship anything back. The last few hours of those shows were always like dawn of the dead. Tired, over it, picking up some last minute art or records and then the hours of waiting for whatever the closing event was.

Man I hope it comes back, I genuinely miss it
By inksb
You guys think Jake accidently added an extra 0 or two to this listing or is he serious???
Screenshot_20220518-201748.png
Screenshot_20220518-201748.png (246.26 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
And for $18k he's still gonna charge you for shipping
By deafmetal
tim28212 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:35 pm Big 30% off summer sale over at Quartet Records. Shipping is steep but I picked up Seconds and The Taking of Pelham.
Thank you for the heads up, had no idea they had released Velluto Nero even though it's on CD it's a must-have for me, wow. Sign me up for the mailing list.
By texasvinyl
that piccioni 2lp is looking nice. never was able to get a cheap copy of le coppie. can't really buy right now. seeing a lot of record shop sales and at least one online shop quietly went under. I wonder if they are feeling the pinch right now.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:36 pm that piccioni 2lp is looking nice. never was able to get a cheap copy of le coppie. can't really buy right now. seeing a lot of record shop sales and at least one online shop quietly went under. I wonder if they are feeling the pinch right now.
What online shop?