Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
But is this the strange track listing from the recent boxset? most likely yes. worth it still.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:39 pm But is this the strange track listing from the recent boxset? most likely yes. worth it still.
Yep this will be the 1983 prepared for Virgin release by TD but shelved, recently released on CD as part of the Pilots of Purple wotsit box set.

This album has approx 5% of the music actually from the film. An interesting listen though! (but yeah, hang on to those bootlegs..... ;)
By ScoJo
Ps although it says 2xLP, the listing clearly shows CD tracklist spread across Side A and Side B. So likely this will be single disc.
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:45 pm Ps although it says 2xLP, the listing clearly shows CD tracklist spread across Side A and Side B. So likely this will be single disc.
Ah didn't see the tracklist, thanks for the clarification.

yeah it's the type of thing worth having as a follower of this era of the band, but as a score collector it once again comes up short.
By reddye6
static14 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:11 pm Does anyone know if TV includes RSD releases as part of the sub? this is my first go round as a subber with them.
Yup, People Under the Stairs will be part of the sub release. We should also get a sub vinyl version, too.
By ScoJo
I'm down for

HAROLD AND MAUDE (Finally!!!)
THE KEEP
OCEAN'S 11 (if it's not just soundtrack, and includes Holmes score)
POSSUM (Radiophonic, finally!!!)
PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS
By static14
reddye6 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:26 pm
static14 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:11 pm Does anyone know if TV includes RSD releases as part of the sub? this is my first go round as a subber with them.
Yup, People Under the Stairs will be part of the sub release. We should also get a sub vinyl version, too.
Awesome! Thanks @Red!
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:32 pm I'm down for

THE KEEP
PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS
Ditto on Harold and Maude, very excited about that. and i immediately thought of you when i saw Oceans 11 haha. amazing how little of Holmes' score work gets any love.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:44 pm
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:32 pm I'm down for

THE KEEP
PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS
Ditto on Harold and Maude, very excited about that. and i immediately thought of you when i saw Oceans 11 haha. amazing how little of Holmes' score work gets any love.
Harold and Maude has haunted me for years. I literally got back into buying soundtracks a few months after the Vinyl Films release, and it was already stupid money - and hasnt gotten any less stupid.
By reddye6
On what list are you seeing The Keep and Possum? The RSD list I'm looking at doesn't list those: https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/580.

I am seeing a Tangerine Dream 2-LP release called "Live at Reims Cathedral," which I'll try to get. Also Harold Budd's 2-LP score for "I Know This Much Is True."
By tim28212
reddye6 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:55 pm On what list are you seeing The Keep and Possum? The RSD list I'm looking at doesn't list those: https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/580.

I am seeing a Tangerine Dream 2-LP release called "Live at Reims Cathedral," which I'll try to get. Also Harold Budd's 2-LP score for "I Know This Much Is True."
@red, they are UK only releases
http://recordstoreday.co.uk/home/
By reddye6
tim28212 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:59 pm
reddye6 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:55 pm On what list are you seeing The Keep and Possum? The RSD list I'm looking at doesn't list those: https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/580.

@red, they are UK only releases
http://recordstoreday.co.uk/home/
Makes perfect sense. Just looked over that list and added more items to look out for.
By reddye6
I noticed that there are two soundtracks on the RSD UK list that are available for ordering directly from the label. The first is the Jasper Mall soundtrack and the second is Morricone Youth's soundtrack for The Lodger.
By 334578rpm
reddye6 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:53 pm I noticed that there are two soundtracks on the RSD UK list that are available for ordering directly from the label. The first is the Jasper Mall soundtrack and the second is Morricone Youth's soundtrack for The Lodger.
Definitely interested in that Morricone Youth.
By Bub
I appreciate all the RSD intel, guys.

Dropping tomorrow. Sounds like quantities will be low?

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.17.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.17.04 PM.png (331.71 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
By inksb
Bub wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 am I appreciate all the RSD intel, guys.

Dropping tomorrow. Sounds like quantities will be low?

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.17.04 PM.png
Berserk will probably sell out fast. I feel like Kickboxer probably won't
By Hatter313
I want berserk but I’m over the rush of trying to make a drop before something sells out. I’ll keep my fingers crossed I’m around and available when it happens
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:02 am I want berserk but I’m over the rush of trying to make a drop before something sells out. I’ll keep my fingers crossed I’m around and available when it happens
Since I am a subber I was given early access to buy these on Sunday. I'm really glad that I don't have to fight everyone at 12 to get these tomorrow. I already have their first pressing of Berserk but I'm honestly curious how much better this will sound and I'm a completionist. I have every other TLV release, why stop there?
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:22 am
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:02 am I want berserk but I’m over the rush of trying to make a drop before something sells out. I’ll keep my fingers crossed I’m around and available when it happens
Since I am a subber I was given early access to buy these on Sunday. I'm really glad that I don't have to fight everyone at 12 to get these tomorrow. I already have their first pressing of Berserk but I'm honestly curious how much better this will sound and I'm a completionist. I have every other TLV release, why stop there?
I subbed the first year with them, and I have a devil man test pressing from the first year as well, but then I fell off for a bit. I’m very picky with my anime and anime related things and shelf space being what it is I had to be choosesy. I have about a third of their releases though and everything I do have has been just stellar.
By Dollarhyde
@inks @hatter

I grabbed the black on black audiophile edition of berserk through the sub too, but I passed on kickboxer. If it's still available later on I may pick it up. I was disappointed it didn't feature the beau Williams vocal track from the bar scene, this may have been a deal breaker 😂
By Bezulsqy
Dollarhyde wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 am @inks @hatter

I grabbed the black on black audiophile edition of berserk through the sub too, but I passed on kickboxer. If it's still available later on I may pick it up. I was disappointed it didn't feature the beau Williams vocal track from the bar scene, this may have been a deal breaker 😂
It doesn't? Missed opportunity!
I am only here for Kickboxer! I only now Berserk from the great movie Clerks: BEZERKERRRRRR!
By reddye6
I was really thinking about getting that 2-LP Berserk, but then I realized that I have the sub version, and I've only listened to it once.