Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Don't know how well known this is but this YouTube channel is something I think all library fans have always wanted. Basically archive TV footage exampling the use of many classic library cuts.
Seriously awesome!

Library in context
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:56 am Don't know how well known this is but this YouTube channel is something I think all library fans have always wanted. Basically archive TV footage exampling the use of many classic library cuts.
Seriously awesome!

Library in context
Woah, this is terrific @DH! I wish they were a bit more prolific with uploading, but not complaining - this is a great idea,
I hope you don't mind but I forwarded the link to Jonny Trunk as it's definitely right up his street if he isn't already aware of it. You never know, he may mention it in his weekly mailout ;)
By Dollarhyde
@scojo go for it! Don't know who runs the channel.

This one he put up is technically ost but did also feature on a library, I think?
But anyway, you know this @scojo from Les Gants blanc du diable, awesome clip

Never new taxi driver spin offs were a thing but.. of course they were :D
By milliondollars
really not too many records that came in during the past few weeks, not too much time for spinning either, but i managed to get three really big jewels and this is one of them..

Sonorop is unknown to many collectors and really tough to come by. the ones i have heard, are less interesting but this particular SONO 3006 dealing with Space, Water, Sea, Exotica and Islands is absolutely sublime! only a few library records that have a exotica tag on them. the music is so pleasant and if i should describe it, i would say it is a mix of Willy Wall Trio lounge with space orgen, Cal Tjader for the vibes and Les Baxter for the exotic touch. lovely late night listening that goes well with some hoppy brews...

got this from discogs for super cheap, where a seller was offering quite some of the Sonorop records. we had a funny endles phone call and he played almost every Sonorop record to me that he had, through the phone speakers. only for that reason i can claim that 3006 is the one to go for.

https://www.discogs.com/Unknown-Artist- ... se/7837817
20200529_133438_resized.jpg
20200529_133438_resized.jpg (618.91 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
By ChrisMcQueen007
^^ That's quite a story @Million how you listened through the seller's Sonorop collection via phone. Cool that you found something nice for a good price.
I noticed that sellers start offering things like live tests on WhatsApp, guess that's a good way of at least getting a first overall impression on how a record looks and sounds (better than images).
By Dollarhyde
@milliondollars,
Great story, so I guess this is the trick to get the good libraries. So often I've passed on interesting looking records because blind buying online can be a gamble. Never heard of SONOROP.
By texasvinyl
Blind buy library is a bad idea haha. That is how I got Mario molino yelling like a cave man with mental deficiencies on the fonit and some truly terrible Omnimusic records!!!
By ChrisMcQueen007
texasvinyl wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:34 pm Blind buy library is a bad idea haha. That is how I got Mario molino yelling like a cave man with mental deficiencies on the fonit and some truly terrible Omnimusic records!!!
Haha, sounds intriguing...

Well, we all learn by experience. I will not anymore spend any larger amount on any (library or other) album if I haven’t listened to it in its entirety before. I bought Artigianato by Tommaso ‎a while ago as I really love Vivere a Tokio (patiently waiting for an OG that I can afford or until I win the lottery). I had only heard the 2-3 Artigianato tracks available on YouTube and while I don’t think the album is bad I just really don’t like some of the tracks on it and I would thus not have bought it if I would have been more familiar with it.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Yeah, I can understand that (think it is also pretty well regarded by library fans in general). I really like parts of it but some of the tracks I just find annoying and doubt that will change over time, but who knows.
By texasvinyl
Fair point there are a couple annoying ones I skip if I'm near the turntable. So many great records with one horrible out of place circus track!! Like Style by Gianni Oddi...maybe the editor thought "nope we need at least one circus track to get more licensing"
By Dollarhyde
VINYCORD NHK Back Music.

**hmm, Couldn't get Imgur working so attached photos at the bottom**

So I guess these are something like libraries.
There really is little to no info on the lps all I have is the details from the seller.
If anyone can translate more of the centre labels I would appreciate it I tried with Google auto translate but for some reason, maybe the formatting?, it doesn't work :/.
There are at least 8 series (numbered 1-7) each series is broken down Into themes, signified by a letter: J= Japan A= nature B=emotion G=Academic H= religion etc..
Then the tracks have simple titles, from what I know e.g. Bushido, lakes, wild, scientific instruments, prayer.

The composers are only written by surname, so just "takemitsu" or "Tomita".
What blows my mind is for each series there were about 20 to 30 lps! Recording period is apparently from around 63-67 or maybe 69?

Music is mainly orchestral with a lot of 60's contempary classical things going on but there are also some jazzy cuts and some solo peices and some just really nice unique sounds.
Another odd thing is each record has a whole variety of composers for example it seems unusual to have more than one track by the same artist on an LP.
Couple I recently spin.
7.J-1-15
Feat. Toru Takemitsu, Shibata Minami Takeshi, Yoshiro Ireno and an amazing track by Michio Mamiya
[img]https://i.imgur.com/9BpNlOtl.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/PxqPeaYl.jpg[/img]
6.B-43-58
Feat. Ryohei Horse, Mitsui Shishido, Hayakawa Masaaki amongst others, some nice jazzy numbers on this one.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/oJuVCOYl.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/xb9p6Wfl.jpg[/img]
Attachments
IMG_20200531_094912.jpg
IMG_20200531_094912.jpg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 3913 times
IMG_20200531_094957.jpg
IMG_20200531_094957.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 3913 times
IMG_20200531_095031.jpg
IMG_20200531_095031.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 3913 times
IMG_20200531_223906.jpg
IMG_20200531_223906.jpg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 3913 times
IMG_20200531_223929.jpg
IMG_20200531_223929.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 3913 times
Last edited by Dollarhyde on Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
By inksb
I received my copy of Ritmo Del Industria No. 2 yesterday, on first listen I didn't noticed any serious noise issues but that comes with a * on that statement. I did not listen with headphones just on my standard system while doing some stuff around the living room. I'll do a more focused listen at some point this week. First impressions were pretty good though. It's kind of nice as I'm not overly familiar with the album, I've heard it a few times but sometimes you just want to try and track down a physical copy before spending a lot of time with something.
By havershaw
Dang, I guess I’m not getting notifications from this forum anymore, cause I missed all of these posts?

My Sonor AA and Freedom Power still hadn’t shipped as of yesterday so I emailed them asking. Didn’t get a response, but got a shipping notification.

I have both the Sonor and new RSD Ritmo. Looking forward to comparing.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:55 pm Dang, I guess I’m not getting notifications from this forum anymore, cause I missed all of these posts?

My Sonor AA and Freedom Power still hadn’t shipped as of yesterday so I emailed them asking. Didn’t get a response, but got a shipping notification.

I have both the Sonor and new RSD Ritmo. Looking forward to comparing.
I'd be very curious to hear your comparisons of the two versions of Ritmo you have.

I still haven't received shipping notification from Sonar for AA but received my copy of Freedom Power from Rapcats last week. Guess I should have just ordered from them lol.
By deafmetal
Steve Powder wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:45 pm Yo where the fuck is my Freedom Power
I got my copy from Rappcats distro here in the US. I have not listened in headphones yet, but first few listens sounding good on the stereo. Some jimmy jams on this album. It's been such a long wait to get a copy of this one. I don't how many copies I have looked at and passed on in the $100 USD range over the years.
By texasvinyl
Three or four nice tracks on here, the rest is meh. Believe it is still pretty cheap to get.

The winner for me is "Antonella" with some killer flute lines & tasteful synth:

Nicelli did some excellent stuff credited as Nicelli + Fabor on Colle Voce on Conroy -- do these same tracks appear on any Italian pressings, or do they exclusively appear on this Conroy?
Attachments
IMG_20200607_213120~2.jpg
IMG_20200607_213120~2.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 3749 times
By milliondollars
this is my favourite Enzo Minuti related record and one of the best kept secrets in italian library. still widely unknown. such a fantastic record all the way through. the type of record why i am into this stuff so much and no circus track on it! on the obscure Radio Records label. highly recommended! i have a second copy in a lower condition but still fully intact and enjoyable. get in touch with me if you are interested.

peep long soundclip over here...

https://www.discogs.com/Maripal-Chrissy ... se/9324962
20200602_071354_resized_1 (2).jpg
20200602_071354_resized_1 (2).jpg (368.12 KiB) Viewed 3732 times
By texasvinyl
Definitely a 1980 record but better than I remember with a couple great tracks
Attachments
IMG_20200608_164125~2.jpg
IMG_20200608_164125~2.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3703 times