Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By zuko
You can get their stuff in UK stores, (Norman etc.) if that's what you mean Phil?
By philball1974
Yeah that's what I meant! Cheers dude
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Well Amazon usually dont sell the Limited editions...so i think im going to w8 the pre Order link on sacred bones
By Whip Wilson
@antimax - That's an interesting new detail. Thanks for posting. In the blog post, they mention The Guest as a modern film whose music was inspired by Carpenter. I know next to nothing about this film. Anyone aware of who scored it?
By Pitch
[quote=39272]@antimax – That’s an interesting new detail. Thanks for posting. In the blog post, they mention The Guest as a modern film whose music was inspired by Carpenter. I know next to nothing about this film. Anyone aware of who scored it?[/quote]

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/09/how-adam ... the-guest/
By Bub
[quote=39272]@antimax – That’s an interesting new detail. Thanks for posting. In the blog post, they mention The Guest as a modern film whose music was inspired by Carpenter. I know next to nothing about this film. Anyone aware of who scored it?[/quote]

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/zombi-steve-moore-gear

Today, Moore continues his career as solo artist, member of Zombi, and now film composer, having just finished the score of a film that premiered at Sundance, The Guest in 2013, which should see an official release some time this year.
By ironjaiden
Since it's been shown in a few places here's the cover.

I was drawing a bunch of stuff for it and John wasn't super into what I was coming up with. Eventually I just said "wait, can we just send someone to John to do a photo shoot and make the cover from that?". He was totally up for it and I love what came out. He's got such a great face!
By deafmetal
^ Also, a great brain!
By antimax
That's cool, I like the idea of splitting his head like that. Looking forward to this…! I hope it's not too limited, as I've seen it posted about in many areas of the internet already.
By Whip Wilson
Thanks, Pitch and Bub, for the links. I hope I can put Moore's score in my ears soon.

By Whip Wilson
@ironjaiden - Jay, any chance of some of those drawings seeing the light of day? Say on a message board for soundtrack enthusiasts for example?
By DISCOSUCKS...
Hi guys,

Well - I've been really excited about this release like you wouldn't believe, and especially so since hearing the teaser track. So this morning before work I was compelled to make this short clip. The ideas all came to me whilst listening to the track a few times, and I found the footage to put it together - needless to say, if anyone has a problem with this for whatever reason, of course I'll take it down. Having said that, hope you enjoy:

http://vimeo.com/110872143

As I mention on the Vimeo page, maybe Sacred Bones could do a thing where fans submit their own clips for all the tracks from the LP?? ;)

Anyhow….click the vimeo link to watch it on my channel where there's some stuff I wrote about why I did this.
By tonyandrewgiles
@disco - love it.
By Spun out of control
Like the way the dome of his head in the bottom of the frame almost looks like the surface of a planet - or even the sun with the whispery strands of hair like solar flares on its surface (and no I haven't been drinking).

Like others I hope this is not an ultra limited release. Loving the teaser snippet so far.
By tonyandrewgiles
+2 for this @jaiden
By Spun out of control
@disco - great stuff.

Reminds me of Drive with the night time car shots.

My own video for this in my head would be an unmarked car cruising around with Michael Myers at the wheel... perhaps the identity of the driver is just revealed in the last frame ;)
By philball1974
Thats really nice Jay. JC really does have an awesome face.
By DISCOSUCKS...
^ and, of course, Drive is clearly influenced in turn by Carpenter (amongst others!)

@Spun….haha, like that idea - do it! ;)
By ironjaiden
@disco that rules! Great stuff.

I was lucky enough to get to listen to the entire album while we were working on the package and I gotta say it might be my favorite of the year.

Each track has a super strong personality but all of it is so authentically Carpenter. I think people are really going to love it.
By ironjaiden
[quote=39352]@ironjaiden – Jay, any chance of some of those drawings seeing the light of day? Say on a message board for soundtrack enthusiasts for example? [/quote]

We were talking about a poster maybe. We'll see how it all shapes up.
By EvanCampbell
@disco - Very cool! That was the first time I heard the track so the video clip really added to it!