Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@HNC - I went to Everyday Music, and also bought The Boogey Man from the recordsbymail dudes.

I did not see the Cinevox box set today.
By EvanCampbell
OK yeah I know the seller from ebay...they find tons of good stuff! Very cool you can just pick up. :) Enjoy...love that original cover! I hope the new one way static release has a clear purplish one. Just would feel right for this release.
By monsterworship
I am blessed (cursed) to have about 12+ stores participating in RSD.
I got everything I wanted in the first 2 stores minus the cinevox and night satan.

Actually visited 8 stores today and saw a movie, been up since 430est.

Overall was a great day of fun.

By hncreature
deaf...failed to pay attention to previous posts when I saw the BM Lp photo - Aaahhh...recordsbymail...ordered from them before...excellent service
By ieatworms
Down here in Brisbane, Australia, you've gotta take what your given. Can't complain to much as i picked up the 3 Brian May releases (Thirst is a stunner), but that was it for soundtrack releases. I was really hanging for Night Satan, so hopefully one of those copies Spencer was mentioning can find its self down to sunner climes ( thou it is raining here at the moment)
By skate
With regards to the Cinevox 5 Box set, the more limited version (100 transparent vinyls) has been available for purchase on the btf site for a week or more. But that set is even more than the coloured version at €150.

I know it was said that Amazon wouldn't be getting any copies of this, but it seems that Amazon.it have it available for immediate dispatch...at a more reasonable price (€85) as opposed to the £90 (€125) that UK retailers such as Rough Trade were selling it for. I'm not sure whether that would be one of the 100 transparent copies or 400 (or 500?) coloured copies. Personally, I think I'd prefer the less limited coloured version as they represent the label’s five different shades.

I had a pretty successful RSD (which means it was a lot less successful from my bank account's point of view), spending just over £200. I didn't see the Cinevox 5 box, and as someone else mentioned I'm mostly glad I didn't see it as I'd probably have been tempted despite it being so over priced. I also wanted and didn't see Spasmo, but suspect it won't be too hard to find at some point - last year's Morricone RSD release (Good, Bad, Ugly) was fairly easy to get afterwards so I'm sure this one will be.

Soundtrack wise I only picked up Big Bad Wolves and Utopia 2, and I ordered 'Il mio nome è Nessuno' months ago online for half the price it was going for in shops yesterday - although I'm not sure which version I'll receive (like the Cinevox 5 box, there's a more limited transparent version on the BTF site in addition to the RSD limited colour version).

For those who missed Nightsatan and the loops of doom & also the Frank OST; Rise (in Cheltenham) had quite a lot of copies and they didn't really seem to be moving that fast while I was there - I suspect they and other larger UK retailers such as Rough Trade, Banquet, Norman will have copies left over when they put them for sale online.
By deathwaltz
Shogun sounds really good , great deep synth bass lines , much better than my original or boot !
By reddye6
Dusty Groove has just listed its RSD vinyl. It has BBW, the May soundtracks, and the Cinevox in stock (as of now), along with others. No Spasmo, though.
By monsterworship
Cinevox boxset now available online at dusty groove for USA people.

@basementhorror I got all my stuff at the attic and then got some killer used stuff at MindCure.
The only place that had Spasmo was Soundcat, and I got the last one :) hence see my post above where I went to 8 stores.
By guyremix
I managed to get all the DW stuff, shogun, 30 days of night, utopia 2 & psycho 7" all from my local store but didn't find the Power Glove ep which I really wanted. Hoping some of these will show up online next week....
By Vapormeyer
My local store has three copies (both versions) of Spasmo still sitting there. Is it worth picking up?
By skate
I think so, but you'd really need to listen and decide for yourself - take a listen here.

The price is also more reasonable than the other RSD Morricone release.
By flapdoodle
Yes, it's excellent and varied. Some mellow acoustic stuff, a bit of avant gard and a few orchestral pieces. I love it.
By chiefbrody
Belated picture of yesterday's haul. Note: more than 24 hours have passed and all still sealed. They need to make the Monday after RSD a public holiday for record collectors to give them time to listen to their new records. :-)
By BasementHorror
That used stuff they put out at Mind Cure was pretty nuts. Had to pace myself, and keep my eyes on the RSD prize...
By BasementHorror
Amoeba has Big Bad Wolves for $29.99 and free shipping, if you hurry...
By jamesschmidtke
I have an extra spasmo Head edition and an extra Power Glove Ep if anyone needs one of either pm me
By renpen21
Jamesschimidtke how much on the power glove ? Give us a shout at ryanalanathomas at hotmail dot co dot uk
By tim28212
this is what I walked away with yesterday for RSD15 from visiting my 2 local shops

By deafmetal
It looks like Dusty Groove was selling the Cinevox box set for $84 USD and has already sold out. I'm still on the fence.
By jamesschmidtke
bad channels on vinyl! Crazy. Sent you an email renpen, sorry I just realized I don't even know how to pm here
By Peek-a-boo
@spencer talking about record store day & the first record he bought on radio 6 BBC right now.
By sonnydexter
was it just before TLC?
By thedeepness
I am looking for a Spasmo. Shoot me an email. Thanks
thedeepness (at) yahoo.com