Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Howdy guys, I've been on a wicker man kick lately, and I've been eyeing picking up the trunk records release. I have the MOV release (ltd orange numbered pressing, sounds great) am I getting anything musically different with the trunk? The track listing is different so I'm not sure how it's presented, Cleaner pressing, different sources, etc? Or is it the same, just cut differently?

I know that the other one with the very cool cover from rare sleeve is the same cuts from MOV, so other than art I wasn't gonna go for that one.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your knowledge :)
By noddy
I believe the Trunk version was released before the master tapes of the soundtrack were found and thus it is ripped from the film itself (complete with dialogue and some sfx).
By Hatter313
interesting, The incidental stuff for the MOV release (side 2) sounds like it was ripped as well. i'll have to give it some thought. cheers.
By Hatter313
Oh Ben, I he hoped you'd chime in. I figured if anyone knew the answers it would be you. Thanks
By lazyben
Yeah, the long and the short of it appears to be that, like the film itself, there is nothing even resembling a perfect version.

The Trunk release is more coherent. The MOV one is more complete (musically at least, it's actually shorter) and the songs may sound better but it uses multiple sources and is not in the correct order all the way through as a result. The Rare Sleeve one does away with most of the effects tape stuff and so is basically just the stereo songs and a different sleeve (but at least it's in the right order).

The Trunk doesn't seem to go for crazy money these days so I would recommend picking up a copy, you can't really go wrong if you like the film.
By Hatter313
Yeah, that's about where I'd better out myself, it's a favorite of mine.

Going to check out that Willows Songs comp too, I remember coming accross it a year or so back when I was looking for the MOV release.

Thanks!