Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
You beat me to the Steve Moore release!

FYI, Relapse Records has some more limited variants than Steve Moore's Bandcamp has:
By reddye6
reddye6 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:21 pm OK, I found the FB post. Here it is in its entirety. For the short read, shipping is from US.
----
First off thanks to Ryan Will for posting about the vinyl release FINALLY happening to one of my favorite cult classics “The Exterminator”.

Many moons ago the now defunct label Pure Destructive teased a release of this and those of us that preordered know the rest to be a train-wreck and epic disappointment of never getting our copies. (Some of us even preordered the liquid filled copies. 🥴)

Cut to now when the vinyl is out and had 500 copies pressed by a company called “xrosscounter”.

To be honest I wasn’t quite sure if was a bootleg or even real but I took a shot and yes it’s real and is actually shipping out of Los Angeles and not Japan as I thought was the case from their website.

I emailed them thanking them for the fast shipping and great packaging on this release and I almost immediately received a note back from company co-founder Ryuhei Kitamura. Yes that Ryuhei Kitamura that directed “The Midnight Meat Train” with Vinnie Jones and Bradley Cooper!

We’ve been talking ever since and he hopes to do more releases but he must first sell these 500 copies of “The Exterminator”. (Buy with confidence as this release is finally real.)

I was asking Mr. Kitamura about this release and how it came to be and he was gracious enough to tell me the ENTIRE story which is wildly fascinating.
Here is that story, in unedited form, directly from Mr. Kitamura himself:

“I’ll write down back story of this project.

My regular job is a movie director.

Back in 2020 I teamed up with my friend and top notch fashion designer Tomoyuki Kitayama and started our own new brand making goods inspired by what we love.

Our main thing is apparel but one day I just thought “I’ve been waiting 40 years and nobody is doing The Exterminator soundtrack…Maybe I should just do it myself”. My partner loved the idea and we started searching.

First I contacted the composer Joe Renzetti. He told me that he still have music files in his DAT but no one is doing anything, and he’s happy to do it if I can license it. So I reached out to director James Glickenhaus’s lawyer and able to officially license to do Soundtrack and apparels.

Then I close the deal with Joe to do restore and remaster. However he told me that the music he did for the movie was very little and didn’t have enough material for Side-B. So he came up with the idea to do “re-imagined” version. Using materials he had, add new elements, remix and create new version for Side-B.

This was all great until he told me that he doesn’t own or control the rights for the song “Heal It” by Roger Bowling.

I asked James Glickenhaus and he told me that even he doesn’t own the rights.

Roger passed away back in 1982 and very few info on internet.

I’m a hard core fan myself and there’s no way to release soundtrack without the song.

I was really disappointed when Nightmare on Elm Street vinyl box set came out they didn’t include the ending song “Nightmare” by 213, so I couldn’t do the same.

After long negotiation, paid expensive license fee I felt like this dead end.

I had no idea how to find the rights holder of the song never published and the singer died in 82.

Then one day I was watching The Exterminator again, probably my 123rd times…Then I realized something I never before.

Roger Bowling did sing the song, but the song was written by someone else…Byron Hill.

I found his official site and sent him the message, and he replied and sent me full version of the song.

Byron introduced me to Roger Bowling’s widow and finally, I clear the rights for the song too.

Then I had to find vinyl pressing company.

As I said this is all new for me and my partner is in Japan and can’t speak English so it was long journey while I was making my own movie.

But anyway, we finally did it and I’m very proud of the final product.

While we were working on the soundtrack, another idea came up.

I wanted to do 7 inch single vinyl for “Heal It” but to do that I needed something for Side-B.

So I emailed Byron and asked if he can do his own remake version of “Heal It” and yes he did it.

Took as more than a year to do all this, but we did it.

Okay I guess that’s all I can tell you about The Exterminator and Heal It journey.

Thank you so much for your support!!”

Ryuhei
FYI, Notefornote Music in the US is also distributing The Exterminator LP. It's also releasing a limited CD version.

https://notefornotemusic.com/
By inksb
PIERO PICCIONI: QUEEN'S CHECK OST LP

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/piero-picc ... ck-ost-lp/
“Scacco alla Regina” (“Check to the Queen”, also known as “The Slave”) is a 1969 film directed by Pasquale Festa Campanile, a visually excellent work that mixes dramatic, sentimental and erotic ingredients for a successful portrait of the late 60s rich Italian bourgeoisie.

The soundtrack, composed and conducted by Piero Piccioni, is arguably one of the best he's ever made. Beat, jazz, lounge, psychedelia, classical music: this score offers a considerable stylistic variety, and makes often use of the precious and unmistakable voice of Edda Dell'Orso and Alessandro Alessandroni's Cantori Moderni.

The absolute excellence of this soundtrack is confirmed by the fact that it works perfectly even as a stand-alone record, detached from the movie scenes; quite surprisingly, it has never received all the attention it undoubtedly deserved.

Sky blue/white marbled vinyl edition with gatefold cover, a new artwork and audio remastered by Claudio Fuiano.

Pressed on Sky Blue & White Marbled Vinyl
Remastered by Claudio Fuiano
New artwork

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:05 pm PIERO PICCIONI: QUEEN'S CHECK OST LP

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/piero-picc ... ck-ost-lp/
“Scacco alla Regina” (“Check to the Queen”, also known as “The Slave”) is a 1969 film directed by Pasquale Festa Campanile, a visually excellent work that mixes dramatic, sentimental and erotic ingredients for a successful portrait of the late 60s rich Italian bourgeoisie.

The soundtrack, composed and conducted by Piero Piccioni, is arguably one of the best he's ever made. Beat, jazz, lounge, psychedelia, classical music: this score offers a considerable stylistic variety, and makes often use of the precious and unmistakable voice of Edda Dell'Orso and Alessandro Alessandroni's Cantori Moderni.

The absolute excellence of this soundtrack is confirmed by the fact that it works perfectly even as a stand-alone record, detached from the movie scenes; quite surprisingly, it has never received all the attention it undoubtedly deserved.

Sky blue/white marbled vinyl edition with gatefold cover, a new artwork and audio remastered by Claudio Fuiano.

Pressed on Sky Blue & White Marbled Vinyl
Remastered by Claudio Fuiano
New artwork

Finally!

Edit- bought through Soundohm

Also available on btf.it
By EvanCampbell
20230518_100314.jpg
20230518_100314.jpg (210.71 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
mail.jpeg
mail.jpeg (192.02 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Ken Walker's score to Don Dohler The Alien Factor by MysticVault.com
That bottom photo is all you need to know...recommended for die hards only.
I could see Scott set up like this 😃
By inksb
This may be of interest to some around here

JJ Whitefield - Ethio Meditations / Drama Al Dente (Madlib Invazion Music Library Series #1)

$25
Entry #1: JJ Whitefield (Poets of Rhythm/Whitefield Brothers/Karl Hector) takes on Ethiopian Jazz and Psychedelic Funk.

This is the first in a series of music library releases, with future volumes produced by DJ Muggs, J-Zone, and Karriem Riggins, among others. These will be released on the first Friday of each month beginning with JJ Whitefield's Ethio Meditations / Drama Al Dente in June 2023.

Madlib Invazion Music Library Series was created by Madlib and Egon to give their creative friends a chance to stretch out and indulge in whatever type of music they wanted. This music was created for easy, one-stop clearance in film and television synchronization usage and for sampling. Multi-track files are available upon request for key projects. You can also enjoy these albums in the way that many do with the best of the best vintage library catalogs – listen, ponder, repeat.

19 tracks / TRT: 39 min, 31 sec. The album cover is the orange, white, grey image. The video depicts other artwork in the series.

https://rappcats.com/products/drama-al-dente

https://mils.bandcamp.com/album/mils001 ... a-al-dente

By inksb
Godzilla: Tokyo SOS
$45
GODZILLA: TOKYO SOS Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP. Music by Michiru Oshima. Artwork by Francesco Francavilla. Pressed on Mondo Exclusive 2x 140 Gram Shobijin Vinyl. Featuring a Screenprinted D Side. Also Available on 2x 140 Gram Eco Vinyl. Estimated Shipping August 2023. Ships Worldwide (except Japan). $45
By inksb
Terror Vision have released a repress of their excellent The Return of Swamp Thing. New variants with alternate art. Liner notes by good ol Jimbo. They have also put it out on cassette for the first time.
$32.00
This is a preorder to ship on/around June 25th.

First and last repress of this amazing score by Chuck Cirino.

Audio pulled from original tapes / remastered / new lacquers, stampers for repress

Liner notes by director Jim Wynorski

Brand new art by Worserbeings, gatefold packaging + 2023 Swamp Thing bumper sticker

Choose your vinyl colorway:

Genetic Mutation (swamp green inside electric blue color in color with LOTS of black, canary yellow and halloween orange splatter) - this variant is a terror-vision.com exclusive colorway

Muck Monster (cloudy swamp green) - this variant is a terror-vision.com exclusive colorway

Swamp Gas (Olive Green & Aqua Blue aside/bide) - this variant is going out to indie record shops that order from us wholesale and you can also buy it here
vinyl - https://www.terror-vision.com/store/ret ... wamp-thing

cassette - https://www.terror-vision.com/store/the ... t-cassette

By inksb
New Mort up for pre-order at Sacred Bones

Mort Garson - Journey to the Moon and Beyond

Like a perennial that returns with each new spring, the Mort Garson archives (Plantasia, Ataraxia, Lucifer) have brought to bear yet another awe-inspiring bloom. Journey to the Moon and Beyond finds even more new facets to the man’s sound. There’s the soundtrack to the 1974 blaxploitation film Black Eye (starring Fred Williamson), some previously unreleased and newly unearthed music for advertising. Just as regal is “Zoos of the World,” where Garson soundtracks the wild, preening, slumbering animals from a 1970 National Geographic special of the same name. The mind reels at just what project would have yielded a scintillating title like “Western Dragon,” but these three selections were found on tapes in the archive with no further information.

The crown jewel of the set is no doubt Garson’s soundtrack to the live broadcast of the 1969 Apollo 11 moon landing, as first heard on CBS News. That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for Moogkind. For decades, this audio was presumed lost, the only trace of it appearing to be from an old YouTube clip. Thankfully, diligent audio archivist Andy Zax came across a copy of the master tape while going through the massive Rod McKuen archive. So now we get to hear it in all its glory. Across six minutes, Garson conjures broad fantasias, whirring mooncraft sounds, zero-gravity squelches, and twinkling études. It showcases Mort’s many moods: sweet, exploratory, whimsical, a little bit corny, weaving it all together in a glorious whole.
https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/coll ... and-beyond

By static14
You're costing me money tonight Bub :)

Side note when you preorder Dark Night of The Scarecrow you get a digital download . :)