Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By reddye6
#148223
Richard Band - Re-Animator LP
Attachments
F1A9899B-1F38-483A-AA01-38D31F375AA4.jpeg
F1A9899B-1F38-483A-AA01-38D31F375AA4.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 170 times
User avatar
By Hatter313
#148224
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:20 pm
monsterworship wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:27 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:26 pm

Now what’s this about a new great pumpkin release! ?!?!?

I’ve held off on the wax for the same reason, content with the digital release.

there is a new orange vinyl pumpkin shaped version out there too.
Buyer beware, Monster - I'm not 100% but I think that's the old version/ripped from film audio.

*EDIT* No you’re right first time, they did another pumpkin shape edition of the newly released 2022 version. Nice.
yeah, They did both for the new one according to their site, but the regular was sold out. ordered on Amazon and listening to it now, what a world of difference, although i almost miss the muffled rip sound i'm used to haha. perfect autumn vibes. I will say i'll be keeping the original rip version of the Graveyard Theme in my Halloween playlist, i miss the ghosts.
User avatar
By monsterworship
#148231
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:17 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:20 pm
monsterworship wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:27 pm


there is a new orange vinyl pumpkin shaped version out there too.
Buyer beware, Monster - I'm not 100% but I think that's the old version/ripped from film audio.

*EDIT* No you’re right first time, they did another pumpkin shape edition of the newly released 2022 version. Nice.
yeah, They did both for the new one according to their site, but the regular was sold out. ordered on Amazon and listening to it now, what a world of difference, although i almost miss the muffled rip sound i'm used to haha. perfect autumn vibes. I will say i'll be keeping the original rip version of the Graveyard Theme in my Halloween playlist, i miss the ghosts.
i got a green vinyl version from vinyl me please a few years ago, sounds great.
User avatar
By inksb
#148232
I have been so busy the last week or so that I have had no time to listen to records. Tonight I made some time

I had no idea there was an expanded score of Warlock (or maybe I just forgot???) I found it pretty cheap on Amazon. Really enjoyable listen. My Goldsmith collection is very lacking so it's nice to add a few this past month
PSX_20220921_222735.jpg
PSX_20220921_222735.jpg (259.69 KiB) Viewed 125 times
PSX_20220921_222752.jpg
PSX_20220921_222752.jpg (332.99 KiB) Viewed 125 times

PSX_20220921_222827.jpg
PSX_20220921_222827.jpg (267.86 KiB) Viewed 125 times
User avatar
By inksb
#148239
tim28212 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:55 pm Intrada did a very since job on that expanded Warlock.
Tim I know you're the resident Goldsmith nut, what are your 5 favorite scores from him? Or maybe a few essential records you think everyone should have in their collection?
User avatar
By Hatter313
#148247
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:58 pm
tim28212 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:55 pm Intrada did a very since job on that expanded Warlock.
Tim I know you're the resident Goldsmith nut, what are your 5 favorite scores from him? Or maybe a few essential records you think everyone should have in their collection?
I know you asked Tim, but IMO

Alien
Poltergeist 2 (yes, 2)
Psycho 2 (did I stutter)
First Blood
Chinatown

Special mentions for:
Poltergeist (but you get the best of this in part 2, along with my favorite work from him IN part 2)
Legend
L.A. Confidential
Total Recall
Twilight Zone: The Movie
The Burbs

And my 2 dark horse favorites that no one talks about
The Shadow
The 13th Warrior
User avatar
By tim28212
#148248
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:58 pm
tim28212 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:55 pm Intrada did a very since job on that expanded Warlock.
Tim I know you're the resident Goldsmith nut, what are your 5 favorite scores from him? Or maybe a few essential records you think everyone should have in their collection?
I feel like we did this years and years and years ago. And, if we did I imagine my list is a little different but here goes...
in no particular order

Alien (my very first Goldsmith score)
Omen (my 2nd Goldsmith score)
Psycho 2 (It's Not Your Mother is a banger!)
Rudy (absolutely love this score)
Poltergeist (I differ from Hatter, I think the original is the best. 2 is great but you have to get the expanded version in order to get the great choral work that Goldsmith did in it. Unfortunately, that isn't available on vinyl.)


Honorable mentions:
Islands In The Stream
Night Crossing (depending on my mood, Islands or Night might bump Poltergeist for a top 5)
Legend (Silva expanded edition)
Damien Omen II (even though The Omen is in my top 5, I tend to play this more. IMO Goldsmith bumped it up a notch on this one)
Medicine Man (CD)

Dark Horses: (only available on CDs unfortunately)
The Mummy
First Knight
User avatar
By inksb
#148249
Thanks guys! Poltergeist 2 and Psycho 2 were actually on my list to get next so you just confirmed those purchases haha.

I wish I could find Total Recall at a decent price, love that score but just don't want to pay the asking price for it. I completely forgot he did The Burbs, gonna have to move that up the list too.
User avatar
By ScoJo
#148250
Not yet mentioned - all findable and not beaucoup dollores, love em all:

Logan’s Run
Runaway
Coma
Rambo First Blood Pt 2
Explorers/Innerspace/Gremlins
The Great Train Robbery
Ransom
Sebastian
Outland
Link
User avatar
By tim28212
#148251
Yes, many of his earlier releases are well worth owning and easy to find.
Wild Rovers
The Wind And The Lion
Under fire
Boys From Brazil (should really be in any Goldsmith collection)
are a few that come to mind and should be easily found of discogs or ebay for reasonable prices.
User avatar
By inksb
#148252
ScoJo wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:49 pm
Explorers/Innerspace/Gremlins
All three of these releases annoy me because they a just a small sample of the score and licensed songs. I missed the Gremlins from Mondo. But yeah the score for all of those are great.
User avatar
By tim28212
#148255
inksb wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:41 pm
ScoJo wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:49 pm
Explorers/Innerspace/Gremlins
All three of these releases annoy me because they a just a small sample of the score and licensed songs. I missed the Gremlins from Mondo. But yeah the score for all of those are great.
All three of these scores are available on CD (if that's a media you use) but I'm not sure of current prices.
User avatar
By inksb
#148257
tim28212 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:57 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:41 pm
ScoJo wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:49 pm
Explorers/Innerspace/Gremlins
All three of these releases annoy me because they a just a small sample of the score and licensed songs. I missed the Gremlins from Mondo. But yeah the score for all of those are great.
All three of these scores are available on CD (if that's a media you use) but I'm not sure of current prices.
I have CD rips of two of them. I just mostly listen to records while at home and digital listening is for work/travel. I'll definitely get the records eventually as they are usually pretty cheap, just not high priority.
User avatar
By static14
#148259
I'll add some more to the list that I truly love. Maybe not essential, but often get spun round these parts.

Star Trek TMP (okay, maybe an essential)
Not Without My Daughter
Rent A Cop
Leviathan
Extreme Prejudice
Basic Instinct
Hoosiers
Ghost and The Darkness (sadly only on CD)
User avatar
By reddye6
#148260
I enjoy the occasional "Damnation Alley" and "Capricorn One" on CD.
  • 1
  • 324
  • 325
  • 326
  • 327
  • 328