Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
thanks! yeah, I’ll get to catch up a bit this weekend.

so far, I sure haven’t been let down with any of these De Wolfe/Rouge (and these have all been pretty damn good so far).

I guess I’m surprised there are any De Wolfe left that are being slept on at this point, but the price point vs. quality of each of these sure seems to suggest otherwise.
By texasvinyl
De Wolfe catalog is just huge!!

Throwing this jam on. I really like it and think it's kind of slept on. These musicorama are all very rare.

The record starts with "Amore in Versilia" a really pretty pairing of doubled classical + acoustic guitar in a bossa style, relaxed percussion and female wordless vocal with soft organ in the background. I would maybe guess Alessandro played on this track, and Giulia was the vocalist. It's a beautiful summery track and unusually long at 5 minutes.

The second track "Nevrosi Da Traffico" is an uptempo jazz funk burner, north of 150 bpm and has a tight punchy almost saloon piano sound that reminds me of Gianni Mazza's stuff on RRC/Fly. Another one that is a full four minutes with a guitar solo that starts jazzy and takes a psychedelic detour.

"Aeroporto Rosa" is more like the first - similar instrumentation minus the organ, and instead of a bossa rhythm it has more of a progressive pop tinge and is led by electric guitar instead of acoustic with some Hawaiian esque bends.

The A side closes with "Nei Giardino Di Un Attico." It is another one I think is just all Alessandroni magic. Imagine a fusing of a pastoral theme with a dose of that Spontaneous-era groove with alessandro continuing to lead with his slightly Hawaiian electric solo style. The instrumentation has a fuzzed out echo guitar doubled with a warbly piano. The first couple of years I had the record I didn't listen closely enough to this track. But my ears are hearing the details more closely now.

The B side starts off on fire with "Furto Di Una Grossa Cilindrata" is a wild action theme with wah wah wah fuzz, blistering solos, a driving beat with monster drums and fills, and the whole thing has a narrative feel in the composition.

B2 "Storia D'Oggi" snaps back to Alessandroni. Here you get all the hallmarks. He's whistling, Giulia is singing doubled with a fuzzy wah wah line, the chord progressions. He did this one in a breezy romantic pop style, but the drums keep things moving. It's a good one for sure.

B3 "Romanzo Nel Bosco" stays right there, a little more simple in the instrumentation. It's a beautiful pastoral with just a touch of that plucky organ hitting those syncopated bossa notes (whatever someone with music theory knowledge would call them). The organ sound here reminds me of the late 60s SR stuff. The track has wordless female vocal throughout, and because it is a pastoral they added harmonica with some kind of fluttering effect on it.

Anyway, it is a record I play a lot and I think one of the most consistent on the Musicorama series. No bad tracks, no spooky/ effects stuff, no circus music. And I would guess it's at least half uncredited Alessandroni stuff.
Attachments
PXL_20210620_141720577~2.jpg
PXL_20210620_141720577~2.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1984 times
By Steve Powder
That's a great record, I saw it for sale in Sweden for 90 bucks. Sold by that Piano Piano Records owner, was pretty dumb that I didn't to pick it up. By the way Texas you had that Music Scene MSE 140 album (Small Pop Group - The Sound Of Instrumental Pop / Contemplative Guitar). Do you see it often? The music is so special and I would love to get the audio files from it, If I can ask this one time. Would make my summer. I just remember you posted clips on it on your Instagram a while ago.
By milliondollars
indeed, Musicorama 14 is the better one in the series but this book gets often judged by it's cover though. i bet many people think this is some western type of stuff, haha!
By ChrisMcQueen007
That’s an interesting one @Million - hasn‘t been on my radar yet but is now.

Meanwhile I am cooling down to some really nice aquatic library tunes - has been long on my wishlist and then I finally scored it a few weeks ago.
Attachments
C7DB1997-EE1D-4892-8373-0C8DD778AC24.jpeg
C7DB1997-EE1D-4892-8373-0C8DD778AC24.jpeg (622.61 KiB) Viewed 1893 times
By havershaw
@million yeah I move that one! Had one in my cart forever but I keep worrying that Be With or someone will reissue it.
By inksb
This just arrived today and I immediately ripped open the packaging and threw it on the table. Seems to sound decent. I feel like the lows could be a little punchier but I don't have an original to compare it to. It's nice to have a copy finally. Everything about this release is atrocious to me though, I hate lenticular covers and the record is hot pink for some weird reason. It's a bit noisy on the opening track but that may just be some residue left over from manufacturing, I'll have to clean it this weekend and re-evaulate. The reason I say that is that it's quite noisy for the first minute or so and settles down then returns randomly at little intervals so it's not consistent through out side A.

By milliondollars
just want to point out that one of my favourite library records (ever!!!) was finally reissued. OG's are not easy to find. apparently only 300 were pressed up for this reissue, which seems to be only a little more than the batch of the original pressing. 300 seems to be very little considering that about 500 people have the OG in their discogs want list...

do not hesitate to grab it. you will not regret it!

https://www.soundohm.com/product/meccanizzazione-lp

By milliondollars
right now i have some time to spin this immaginative record before i have to get into my car and have to face the real world traffic problems, haha! this must be my favourite library series and over the years it turns out that this is my favourite volume from the series. Enzo Scoppa at his very best! this should really see a reissue one day...

https://www.discogs.com/Enzo-Scoppa-Tra ... se/4893467
20210630_110603_resized.jpg
20210630_110603_resized.jpg (562.03 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
By texasvinyl
Record label/shop been around a while I think they did savage planet reissue, mirror/stalker OST etc

I did order it, I've not been able to find this original for any price
By havershaw
THANK YOU for the heads up on this. Instantly ordered.

Speaking of vinyl magic, I just got their reissue of Psycheground LP, but haven’t spun it yet. The only review on discogs is not great so I don’t have high hopes but I don’t have another copy to compare to.